Hey Barb: Is Squirt helping prep dinner tomorrow?

Virginia Tadrzynski

Guest
I have a suggestion if the Squirt is helping with prep. Buy some heavy
whipping cream and pour it into a small canning jar. Cover tightly and tell
her to jump in the other room until she can't jump any more while holding
the jar. The cream will set up and she will successfully made butter that
everyone can 'ooooh and aaahhh' at over dinner.
-ginny

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> I have a suggestion if the Squirt is helping with prep. Buy some heavy
> whipping cream and pour it into a small canning jar. Cover tightly and tell
> her to jump in the other room until she can't jump any more while holding
> the jar. The cream will set up and she will successfully made butter that
> everyone can 'ooooh and aaahhh' at over dinner.
> -ginny

Ginny, The whipping cream you can buy here is pasteurized and
homogenized. It will not turn into butter while Sam jumps. Whipping it
too long might produce butter, but I am not certain it will.

margaret suran wrote:
> Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
>> I have a suggestion if the Squirt is helping with prep. Buy some
>> heavy whipping cream and pour it into a small canning jar. Cover
>> tightly and tell her to jump in the other room until she can't jump
>> any more while holding the jar. The cream will set up and she will
>> successfully made butter that everyone can 'ooooh and aaahhh' at over
>> dinner.
>> -ginny
>>

> Ginny, The whipping cream you can buy here is pasteurized and
> homogenized. It will not turn into butter while Sam jumps. Whipping it
> too long might produce butter, but I am not certain it will.

It will! The jumping works, too. My kids used to love doing it.

Serene

"Serene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> margaret suran wrote:
>> Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
>>> I have a suggestion if the Squirt is helping with prep. Buy some heavy
>>> whipping cream and pour it into a small canning jar. Cover tightly and
>>> tell her to jump in the other room until she can't jump any more while
>>> holding the jar. The cream will set up and she will successfully made
>>> butter that everyone can 'ooooh and aaahhh' at over dinner.
>>> -ginny
>>>

>> Ginny, The whipping cream you can buy here is pasteurized and
>> homogenized. It will not turn into butter while Sam jumps. Whipping it
>> too long might produce butter, but I am not certain it will.

> It will! The jumping works, too. My kids used to love doing it.

I'm going to have my oldest daughter do that while she's "helping" me
tomorrow! (I have plenty o' cream for making whipped cream for dessert.)

She'll love it!

Mary

"margaret suran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
>> I have a suggestion if the Squirt is helping with prep. Buy some heavy
>> whipping cream and pour it into a small canning jar. Cover tightly and
>> tell her to jump in the other room until she can't jump any more while
>> holding the jar. The cream will set up and she will successfully made
>> butter that everyone can 'ooooh and aaahhh' at over dinner.
>> -ginny
>>

> Ginny, The whipping cream you can buy here is pasteurized and homogenized.
> It will not turn into butter while Sam jumps. Whipping it too long might
> produce butter, but I am not certain it will.

It works in our house .. my daughters do it every year. But we put cold
marbles in a plastic jar ... it goes a little quicker that way.

"margaret suran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
>> I have a suggestion if the Squirt is helping with prep. Buy some heavy
>> whipping cream and pour it into a small canning jar. Cover tightly and
>> tell her to jump in the other room until she can't jump any more while
>> holding the jar. The cream will set up and she will successfully made
>> butter that everyone can 'ooooh and aaahhh' at over dinner.
>> -ginny
>>

> Ginny, The whipping cream you can buy here is pasteurized and homogenized.
> It will not turn into butter while Sam jumps. Whipping it too long might
> produce butter, but I am not certain it will.

Actually, it will turn into butter. My daughter's first grade class made it
using an old fashioned egg beater.

Julie Bove wrote:
> "margaret suran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
>>> I have a suggestion if the Squirt is helping with prep. Buy some
>>> heavy whipping cream and pour it into a small canning jar. Cover
>>> tightly and tell her to jump in the other room until she can't jump
>>> any more while holding the jar. The cream will set up and she
>>> will successfully made butter that everyone can 'ooooh and aaahhh'
>>> at over dinner. -ginny
>>>

>> Ginny, The whipping cream you can buy here is pasteurized and
>> homogenized. It will not turn into butter while Sam jumps. Whipping
>> it too long might produce butter, but I am not certain it will.

> Actually, it will turn into butter. My daughter's first grade class
> made it using an old fashioned egg beater.

I hope by saying "old fashioned egg beater" you mean the hand cranked kind,
not one you plug in and insert a couple of beater blades or a whisk
attachment on a Kitchen-Aid mixer ;)

Jill

In article <[email protected]>,
"Virginia Tadrzynski" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have a suggestion if the Squirt is helping with prep. Buy some heavy
> whipping cream and pour it into a small canning jar. Cover tightly and tell
> her to jump in the other room until she can't jump any more while holding
> the jar. The cream will set up and she will successfully made butter that
> everyone can 'ooooh and aaahhh' at over dinner.
> -ginny

Hmmmm, good idea. :) She's jumping out of her skin in anticipation of
her birthday celebration with both sets of grands present. Holding a
jar of cream might be a thought. :) She's hoping for an American Girl
doll (Julie, the little **** ­ you should see the pictures!) -- and her
Fairy Godmother had it sent here. All I need to do is forget the dang
thing and I might as well jump off the lift bridge in Duluth. What a
racket!!

I CAN buy 'regular' whipping cream here.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to