More boots for big feet

B

Brian

Further to my thread looking for size 13 boots, I have managed to get a
list of boots which come in this size:

Contour Harrier - £59.99 Demon Canyon - £80 Karrimor Solitude GTX - £80 Altberg Northfell Microlite
£84.99 Garmont Vegan £75 Brasher Freelite GTX £90 Demon Atlas £90 Asolo FSN 80 GTX £90

These were from a back issue of trail magazine,

The other boots I have been looking at are Columbia Bugabootoo's (sort of half welly / half hiking
boot) - are these any good? They are rated to - 32C, so I know they should be warm enough.

Any other suggestions welcome!

--
Brian

Brian <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>
> The other boots I have been looking at are Columbia Bugabootoo's (sort of half welly / half hiking
> boot) - are these any good? They are rated to - 32C, so I know they should be warm enough.
>

Question is, will they be too warm?

A bit more info, I'm looking for boots which will be hard wearing, warm and waterproof as I do field
archery - my ATF Deltas are not at all warm - a typical days shooting involves a lot of standing
around. However ,I'd like something which is also suitable for hill walking..

any thoughts?

thanks

--
Brian

Brian wrote:

> A bit more info, I'm looking for boots which will be hard wearing, warm and waterproof

Probably not much help, but I once bought a pair of boots from Millets which were made of fairly
supple plastic with high leather uppers and were lined with fibre pile. Very warm and great for
walking through small streams and even standing in puddles.

They were quite cheap too, but only lasted for a year or two before the plastic started
cracking. I should have bought a few pairs. I think they were a one off thing, I've never seen
them on sale since.

But you never know, there might be something similar somewhere.

Paul
--
The October Project 2003
http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/october/october.html
http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk
http://www.photosig.com/go/users/userphotos?id=118749

"Paul Saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in news:bo6beq$g7e$1
@news7.svr.pol.co.uk:

> Brian wrote:
>
>> A bit more info, I'm looking for boots which will be hard wearing, warm and waterproof
>
> Probably not much help, but I once bought a pair of boots from Millets which were made of fairly
> supple plastic with high leather uppers and were lined with fibre pile. Very warm and great for
> walking through small streams and even standing in puddles.
>
> They were quite cheap too, but only lasted for a year or two before the plastic started
> cracking. I should have bought a few pairs. I think they were a one off thing, I've never seen
> them on sale since.
>
> But you never know, there might be something similar somewhere.
>

I think I've settled on a pair of boots - Trezeta Lecco boots, leather with goretex lining, £84 from
Sports Warehouse in Edinburgh. Accordign to their website they stock them in size 13...

Look a good pair of boots - but I haven't really heard of that brand name. Anyone any experience?

--
Brian