10 BEST ROAD BIKES - By Nick Davidson

We know that if Men's Fitness says it's so, it must be.

Best for what? Douchebags.

oldbobcat said:
We know that if Men's Fitness says it's so, it must be.
That's a fact. ProTour teams check with Men's Fitness before signing or re-uping with bike sponsors.

Meh. Buncha shimaNO and SCRAM equipped losers. Only the Pina was pictured in Campy?

I'm off to GQ to find the 10 Best Dressed bikes of the season.

Quote: Originally Posted by todflock .
We know these have a hefty price tag, but that’s what it takes to be competitive—because you pay for what you get.

Hi todflock, nice bikes and thanks for info ... thanks KL
smile.png

Quote: Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB . Meh. Buncha shimaNO and SCRAM equipped losers. Only the Pina was pictured in Campy?
I'm off to GQ to find the 10 Best Dressed bikes of the season.

Hi CAMPYBOB, only the Pina with CampagNolNO. Perhaps CampagNolNO needs to start fishing. Good luck at GQ.

Not too worry ... thanks KL
smile.png

"Perhaps CampagNolNO needs to start fishing."

shimaNO and SCRAM already caught all the suckers.

I knew it was gonna be bad news when something other than a road bike graced the pole position photo.

Quote: Originally Posted by danfoz .
I knew it was gonna be bad news when something other than a road bike graced the pole position photo.
Hi danfoz, the Cannondale CAAD10 is there with Shimano group (no CampagNolNO though, it is gone fishing for suckers rather than fish) and it's a fine bike as are most of the others. The interesting thing though is that they are calling it expensive...

thanks KL
smile.png

You mean the TT scott?

Quote: Originally Posted by KLabs .
Hi danfoz, the Cannondale CAAD10 is there with Shimano group (no CampagNolNO though, it is gone fishing for suckers rather than fish) and it's a fine bike as are most of the others. The interesting thing though is that they are calling it expensive...

thanks KL
smile.png

KLabs, I have heard nothing but good things about the CAAD10 and imo looks great with the horizontal top tube. There are some nice bikes in the lineup, I was just commenting on the arbitrariness of the article behind the link which you seem to have stumbled on yourself.

... I was just commenting on the arbitrariness of the article behind the link which you seem to have stumbled on yourself.
Hi danfoz, "arbitrariness", no worries. "stumbled on", not sure what you mean or are implying, but no worries ...

We don't need to ride a bike to get fit, but it is enjoyable and even more enjoyable if the equipment is better than reasonable
smile.png

There probably are 10 better bikes than these (maybe) but they are nice bikes (and only one with campagNolNO)
smile.png

thanks KL
smile.png

Quote: Originally Posted by ambal .
KL everyone knows campag is over rated.

Hi ambal, you are perhaps right although campybob seems to really like campagNolNO.

To be campag or to be campy, that is a question (but it probably doesn't need answering)...

thanks KL
smile.png

Quote: Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .
"KL everyone knows campag is over rated."

It's "Campy" and...

It's "Campag"; "Campy" is girly :)

You're correct, of course. Campy is girly

I like what they've done with the 'Y'!

Campag, on the other hand, is just plain gay.

Not to mention, butchering of the Italian language.

The word is pronounced Cahm pah NEO lo. Not Compag nolo.

And it's gruppo, if you want to refer to a group set with an Italian affect. "Groupo" might have been one of the obscure Marx Brothers--maybe a distant cousin. Just call it a ****ing group. No one is impressed by gruppo---least of all any Italian.

The Italian word for a collection of machinery designed to work as a unit is complesso.

Quote: Originally Posted by mpre53 .

Not to mention, butchering of the Italian language.

The word is pronounced Cahm pah NEO lo. Not Compag nolo.

And it's gruppo, if you want to refer to a group set with an Italian affect. "Groupo" might have been one of the obscure Marx Brothers--maybe a distant cousin. Just call it a ****ing group. No one is impressed by gruppo---least of all any Italian.

The Italian word for a collection of machinery designed to work as a unit is complesso.

Ha! Then you'd struggle in the coffee shops down here, coz that's how a lot of Aussies say it. :)

You're correct, of course. Campy is girly

I like what they've done with the 'Y'!

You're not gunna sway me with cleavage.
Actually, "Campag" is Australasian, so it's a cultural thing :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpre53 .
... The word is pronounced Cahm pah NEO lo...
Hi mpre53, so ... to be campag or to be campy or to be campa or to be campagNolNO ... so many options
smile.png

thanks KL
smile.png