(2007-07-19) Survey on the RFC site:

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Chatty Cathy, Jul 19, 2007.

  1. Chatty Cathy

    Chatty Cathy Guest

    http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

    Vote now! (or not)

    Thanks go to blake murphy for sending in this survey.

    BTW, apologies in advance to Margaret's competitors for the TFHs - I
    know I should have waited until FRIDAY to do this but... ;-P
    --
    Cheers
    Chatty Cathy

    Tags:

  2. Chatty Cathy

    Chatty Cathy Guest

    Chatty Cathy wrote:
    > http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
    >
    > Vote now! (or not)
    >
    > Thanks go to blake murphy for sending in this survey.
    >
    > BTW, apologies in advance to Margaret's competitors for the TFHs - I
    > know I should have waited until FRIDAY to do this but... ;-P

    Ooops... forgot to put the "survey title" in the subject line
    --
    Cheers
    Chatty Cathy

  3. Chatty Cathy

    Chatty Cathy Guest

    Omelet wrote:

    > Oddly enough, I had to choose "my choice not listed" for once.
    >
    > I cannot recall any dreams where I ate food.
    >
    > Interesting!

    Heh. I often dream about cooking and/or eating...
    --
    Cheers
    Chatty Cathy

  4. Omelet

    Omelet Guest

    In article <qXLni.14480$Sb4.1865@newsfe21.lga>,
    Chatty Cathy <cathy1234@mailinator.com> wrote:

    > http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
    >
    > Vote now! (or not)
    >
    > Thanks go to blake murphy for sending in this survey.
    >
    > BTW, apologies in advance to Margaret's competitors for the TFHs - I
    > know I should have waited until FRIDAY to do this but... ;-P
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Chatty Cathy

    Oddly enough, I had to choose "my choice not listed" for once.

    I cannot recall any dreams where I ate food.

    Interesting!
    --
    Peace, Om

    Remove _ to validate e-mails.

  5. Omelet

    Omelet Guest

    In article <Y4Mni.14482$Sb4.4801@newsfe21.lga>,
    Chatty Cathy <cathy1234@mailinator.com> wrote:

    > Omelet wrote:
    >

    > > Oddly enough, I had to choose "my choice not listed" for once.
    > >
    > > I cannot recall any dreams where I ate food.
    > >
    > > Interesting!

    > Heh. I often dream about cooking and/or eating...

    The dreams that impress me enough to remember are often a bit darker.

    Like the post-armageddon ones, or the ones that cause me to bolt
    suddenly awake in a cold sweat. :-/

    Or the really wild and weird ones induced by Melatonin.

    I honestly don't recall a single dream where I cooked or ate anything.

    I don't remember most of my dreams, nor do I make a real effort to do
    so. I often don't want to try. ;-)
    --
    Peace, Om

    Remove _ to validate e-mails.

  6. Andy

    Andy Guest

    In my dreams, my focaccia is perfect. I can make 100 meatballs in minutes. My
    eggs never overcook and come to think of it, water boils in seconds. Oh, and
    I can cook ten things at the same time!!!

    Sometimes I HATE WAKING UP!!! ;)

    Andy

  7. Sky

    Sky Guest

    Chatty Cathy wrote:

    > http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
    >
    > Vote now! (or not)
    >
    > Thanks go to blake murphy for sending in this survey.
    >
    > BTW, apologies in advance to Margaret's competitors for the TFHs - I
    > know I should have waited until FRIDAY to do this but... ;-P
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Chatty Cathy

    Oh Goodie <G>, I'm starting to get a collection of TFHs :) Now I'll
    have to get a new wardrobe to match!

    Sky, who really enjoys Cathy's surveys

  8. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    Omelet wrote:
    > In article <qXLni.14480$Sb4.1865@newsfe21.lga>,
    > Chatty Cathy <cathy1234@mailinator.com> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
    >>
    >> Vote now! (or not)
    >>
    >> Thanks go to blake murphy for sending in this survey.
    >>
    >> BTW, apologies in advance to Margaret's competitors for the TFHs - I
    >> know I should have waited until FRIDAY to do this but... ;-P
    >> --
    >> Cheers
    >> Chatty Cathy

    > Oddly enough, I had to choose "my choice not listed" for once.
    >
    > I cannot recall any dreams where I ate food.
    >
    > Interesting!

    I've had dreams where I've been in a restaurant, but I can't remember eating
    food. That *is* interesting, isn't it, considering that it's as important
    as water and air.

    kili

  9. kilikini wrote:
    > Omelet wrote:
    >> In article <qXLni.14480$Sb4.1865@newsfe21.lga>,
    >> Chatty Cathy <cathy1234@mailinator.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
    >>>
    >>> Vote now! (or not)
    >>>
    >>> Thanks go to blake murphy for sending in this survey.
    >>>
    >>> BTW, apologies in advance to Margaret's competitors for the TFHs - I
    >>> know I should have waited until FRIDAY to do this but... ;-P
    >>> --
    >>> Cheers
    >>> Chatty Cathy

    >> Oddly enough, I had to choose "my choice not listed" for once.
    >>
    >> I cannot recall any dreams where I ate food.
    >>
    >> Interesting!

    > I've had dreams where I've been in a restaurant, but I can't remember eating
    > food. That *is* interesting, isn't it, considering that it's as important
    > as water and air.
    >
    > kili

    A new survey on a Thursday? What kind of evil spirit caused this to
    happen? Could a Troll be responsible for this? Christy will never
    again believe anything I tell her. :eek:( Or was it Chatty Cathy whom I
    tried to convince not to look for a survey today? Or someone else?

  10. sf

    sf Guest

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:11:14 -0500, Omelet <omp_omelet@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I cannot recall any dreams where I ate food.

    I know I dream about going to restaurants and picnics.... not so much
    eating at home unless I'm thinking about preparing something, then
    it's a dry run making it in my dream. I figured if I was at a picnic
    or restaurant in my dream - I must have eaten too, so I said "yummy"
    because I don't remember anything bad.
    ;)

    --

    A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house.

  11. Pennyaline

    Pennyaline Guest

    Omelet wrote:
    > Oddly enough, I had to choose "my choice not listed" for once.
    >
    > I cannot recall any dreams where I ate food.
    >
    > Interesting!

    I had to choose "My choice is not listed" because, perversely, my answer
    appears only in the question: does the food taste right.

    It does.

  12. One time on Usenet, margaret suran <margaret@no.spam.for.me.invalid> said:
    > kilikini wrote:
    > > Omelet wrote:

    > >> Oddly enough, I had to choose "my choice not listed" for once.
    > >>
    > >> I cannot recall any dreams where I ate food.
    > >>
    > >> Interesting!

    > > I've had dreams where I've been in a restaurant, but I can't remember eating
    > > food. That *is* interesting, isn't it, considering that it's as important
    > > as water and air.
    > >
    > > kili
    > >

    > A new survey on a Thursday? What kind of evil spirit caused this to
    > happen? Could a Troll be responsible for this? Christy will never
    > again believe anything I tell her. :eek:( Or was it Chatty Cathy whom I
    > tried to convince not to look for a survey today? Or someone else?

    It was me. *Sigh* I'm starting to suspect a conspiracy...

    --
    Jani in WA

  13. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:11:14 -0500, Omelet wrote:

    > I cannot recall any dreams where I ate food.

    Either can I. I have had dreams where I order food or shop for
    food, but never eat it.

    -sw

  14. One time on Usenet, Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> said:
    > On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:11:14 -0500, Omelet wrote:
    >
    > > I cannot recall any dreams where I ate food.

    > Either can I. I have had dreams where I order food or shop for
    > food, but never eat it.

    I've never dreamed about food as such -- I did once dream I was
    being threatened by a giant yellow crab with a red claw. I was a
    kid and had spent the day picking Dungeness on my dad's boat...

    --
    Jani in WA

  15. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    "Steve Wertz" <swertz@cluemail.compost> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:11:14 -0500, Omelet wrote:
    >
    >> I cannot recall any dreams where I ate food.

    > Either can I. I have had dreams where I order food or shop for
    > food, but never eat it.

    I can. As a child I often had dreams where I was flying over a field of
    cakes. I would swoop down and eat a bite of a pink cake. It always tasted
    heavenly and I was always in search of the most perfect pink cake!

    Alas, in real life I have never liked cakes of any kind. Pink or otherwise.
    So I never found my perfect cake.

    The most recent dream that I remember was one where I was eating tamales.
    It seemed to real, I had to go out and buy some.

  16. Omelet

    Omelet Guest

    In article <f7p3nr$1o01e_002@news.avvanta.com>,
    Little.Malice@gmail.communge (Little Malice) wrote:

    > One time on Usenet, Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.compost> said:
    > > On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:11:14 -0500, Omelet wrote:
    > >
    > > > I cannot recall any dreams where I ate food.

    > > Either can I. I have had dreams where I order food or shop for
    > > food, but never eat it.

    > I've never dreamed about food as such -- I did once dream I was
    > being threatened by a giant yellow crab with a red claw. I was a
    > kid and had spent the day picking Dungeness on my dad's boat...

    I had a similar dream once, but it was just a bunch of disembodied claws.
    --
    Peace, Om

    Remove _ to validate e-mails.

  17. Little Malice wrote:

    >> A new survey on a Thursday? What kind of evil spirit caused this to
    >> happen? Could a Troll be responsible for this? Christy will never
    >> again believe anything I tell her. :eek:( Or was it Chatty Cathy whom I
    >> tried to convince not to look for a survey today? Or someone else?

    > It was me. *Sigh* I'm starting to suspect a conspiracy...

    Sorry, that is just my age showing me up. :eek:(

  18. On Jul 19, 9:54 pm, "Julie Bove" <julieb...@verizon.net> wrote:
    > "Steve Wertz" <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote in message

    > > On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:11:14 -0500, Omelet wrote:

    > >> I cannot recall any dreams where I ate food.

    > > Either can I. I have had dreams where I order food or shop for
    > > food, but never eat it.

    > I can. As a child I often had dreams where I was flying over a field of
    > cakes. I would swoop down and eat a bite of a pink cake. It always tasted
    > heavenly and I was always in search of the most perfect pink cake!

    I've only once dreamed of flying; I believe I was over 40 when it
    happened.

    I fairly frequently have the one where I show up for the final exam in
    math,
    I haven't been to class all semester, the test is written in Sanskrit,
    and
    I'm not wearing any clothes.

    It's getting almost comforting, actually....

    Cindy Hamilton

  19. One time on Usenet, margaret suran <margaret@no.spam.for.me.invalid> said:
    > Little Malice wrote:
    >

    > >> A new survey on a Thursday? What kind of evil spirit caused this to
    > >> happen? Could a Troll be responsible for this? Christy will never
    > >> again believe anything I tell her. :eek:( Or was it Chatty Cathy whom I
    > >> tried to convince not to look for a survey today? Or someone else?

    > > It was me. *Sigh* I'm starting to suspect a conspiracy...
    > >

    > Sorry, that is just my age showing me up. :eek:(

    It's not your fault. I think Cathy doesn't like me... ;-)

    --
    Jani in WA

  20. Chatty Cathy wrote:
    > http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
    >
    > Vote now! (or not)
    >
    > Thanks go to blake murphy for sending in this survey.
    >
    > BTW, apologies in advance to Margaret's competitors for the TFHs - I
    > know I should have waited until FRIDAY to do this but... ;-P

    For some reason I never dream about eating, although
    I have once or twice dreamt about cooking.

    Kate

    --
    Kate Connally
    Until you bite their heads off.”