2010 Giro d' Italia: Stage 21: Verona, 15.3 km

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
2010 Giro d' Italia: Stage 21: Verona, 15.3 km

For the third consecutive year, the Giro concludes with an individual time trial. There are several sharp turns in the course and a categorized climb in the middle of it.

Stage Map
View attachment 12259

Stage Profile
View attachment 12261

The Climb
View attachment 12262

The Last KM's
View attachment 12260

General classification before stage 21

1 Ivan Basso (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 87:23:00
2 David Arroyo Duran (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 0:01:15
3 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 0:02:56
4 Michele Scarponi (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 0:02:57
5 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:03:47
6 Richie Porte (Aus) Team Saxo Bank 0:07:25
7 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) Astana 0:07:31
8 Carlos Sastre Candil (Spa) Cervelo Test Team 0:08:55
9 Robert Kiserlovski (Cro) Liquigas-Doimo 0:14:06
10 Marco Pinotti (Ita) Team HTC - Columbia 0:15:00

Wiggins is looking good for me. I'm also interested to see how Porte goes. :D

Wiggins looking to end Giro on a high
Bradley Wiggins (Team Sky) is hoping to end the Giro d'Italia as he started it, with a victory in the 15km time trial stage around Verona this afternoon. But whatever happens, he will head home satisfied with his performance over the three weeks of the Giro, knowing that he is on track to be at his very best for the Tour de France.
Link: Wiggins Looking To End Giro On A High | Cyclingnews.com

Wiggins is fresher than others, that's sure, but others will be motivated by stage victory and GC placings.

Vinokourov
Evans
Porte
Wiggins
Pinotti
Nibali

Good Giro for Australians... Stage victories, GC placings, jerseys, a new prospect... More than it was expected.

Just turned the race on. I'm surprised Wiggins is only 3rd with the big names yet to start. I would have tipped my hat to Wiggins.

As Andrija mentioned: "Good Giro for Australians... Stage victories, GC placings, jerseys, a new prospect... More than it was expected." I'm thinking that the Australians continue their strong performances and either Evans or Porte take the victory. Looking for Vino to round out the top 3 behind Evans and Porte.

The race for third is where the real drama will be. I think Nibali will keep his podium position.

Watching these cobbles in turns near the finish line and keeping in mind Basso's bike handling skill, I wouldn't be surprised if he falls ill with Rasmussenitis.
Menchov got it last year, but didn't hurt him.
It would be perfect finish of very exciting Giro.