A Very Italian Race

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simonb, May 12, 2004.

  1. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

  2. On Wed, 12 May 2004 09:35:21 +0100, JohnB <nospam@here.com> wrote:

    > Simonb wrote:
    >>
    >> See: http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/giro04/index-
    >> .php?id=stage3/36
    >>
    >> haha!
    >
    > I hope they've all got reservations ;-)

    It looks like a Wessew Train to me!

    Would pushing your bike to the front of the pack be
    frowned upon?

    Colin

  3. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    "Colin Blackburn" <colin.blackburn@durham.ac.uk> wrote in message

    > It looks like a Wessew Train to me!

    Do they exist? I thought they were a fiction of the
    timetable.

    > Would pushing your bike to the front of the pack be
    > frowned upon?

    Not if its a training ride.

    Tony

  4. davek

    davek New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2004
    Simonb:
    >haha!

    I seem to recall something similar happening in last year's TdF - and a break got away because of it (bringing a new meaning to 'wrong side of the tracks')

    d.

  5. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

    Colin Blackburn wrote:

    > On Wed, 12 May 2004 09:35:21 +0100, JohnB
    > <nospam@here.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Simonb wrote:
    > >>
    > >> See: http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/giro04/ind-
    > >> ex.php?id=stage3/36
    > >>
    > >> haha!
    > >
    > > I hope they've all got reservations ;-)
    >
    > It looks like a Wessew Train to me!
    >
    > Would pushing your bike to the front of the pack be
    > frowned upon?

    If it were arriving between 7am and 9am or departing between
    4pm and 6pm you would risk an umbrella up your...

    John B

  6. On Wed, 12 May 2004 19:59:09 +0100, Zog The Undeniable wrote:

    > At least Mussolini made the trains run on time.

    Er, no. It was simply illegal to say that they were late. In
    a few cases, he had the timetables rewritten...

    --
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a
    parachute to skydive twice.

  7. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

    Eugenio Mastroviti wrote:

    > On Wed, 12 May 2004 19:59:09 +0100, Zog The
    > Undeniable wrote:
    >
    > > At least Mussolini made the trains run on time.
    >
    > Er, no. It was simply illegal to say that they were late.
    > In a few cases, he had the timetables rewritten...

    They do that here too.

    John B

  8. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

    Eugenio Mastroviti wrote:

    > On Wed, 12 May 2004 19:59:09 +0100, Zog The
    > Undeniable wrote:
    >
    > > At least Mussolini made the trains run on time.
    >
    > Er, no. It was simply illegal to say that they were late.
    > In a few cases, he had the timetables rewritten...

    They do that here too.

    John B

Share This Page