Aldi Hydration Rucksack each £7.99

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Tony Gent, Oct 3, 2004.

  1. Tony Gent

    Tony Gent Guest

    Just been looking at Aldi offers and thought I would post this up.

    Cheers

    Tony



    Hydration Rucksack each £7.99
    Lightweight, 7 litre rucksack with integrated hydration system. . Suitable
    for endurance or energetic sports such as walking, climbing, running or
    cycling . Large main compartment with rear double zip, elasticated exterior
    compartment, smaller compartment with outer zip pocket and audio cable
    outlet . Removable hydration system with a two litre liquid capacity, large
    filling cap and non-drip bite valve . Mesh padded backing system .
    Adjustable sternum, shoulder and waist straps . Weighs only 700g when
    empty . Available in blue/black or black/grey . Size: 44(h) x 21(w) x
    12(d)cm.
     
    Tags:


  2. Andy Laycock

    Andy Laycock Guest

    "Tony Gent"wrote

    > Just been looking at Aldi offers and thought I would post this up.


    Also spotted them this weekend. They look like a cheap copy of a Camelback
    MULE.

    Cheers

    Andy
     
  3. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 19:33:14 +0000, Tony Gent wrote:

    > Just been looking at Aldi offers and thought I would post this up.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Tony
    >
    >
    >
    > Hydration Rucksack each £7.99


    <snip>

    Thanks for the heads-up. Currently got a Camelback Rogue, but it's not
    been used for over 3 years and the bladders gone a bit foostie. Seems a
    bargain, £7.99, rather than £20 or so for a replacement bladder!

    I'll be sure pop into Aldi's on Thursday.

    --
    Brian
     
  4. Richard G.

    Richard G. Guest

    In Article <pan.2004.10.05.23.22.33.421319@yahoo.co.uk>,Brian
    <brianinnes81NOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >I'll be sure pop into Aldi's on Thursday.


    I had my doubts that these bags would be any good, never having seen or
    bought Aldi outdoor gear before, but I have to say these little bags are
    really good. Loads of attention to detail and really don't look as if
    they're going to fall to bits after a couple of weeks use. I'm impressed.

    Regards,
    Richard G.
     
  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Richard G. <richard@plus.com> wrote:

    >I had my doubts that these bags would be any good, never having seen or
    >bought Aldi outdoor gear before, but I have to say these little bags are
    >really good. Loads of attention to detail and really don't look as if
    >they're going to fall to bits after a couple of weeks use. I'm impressed.
    >

    I got one today, and I agree it looks very well made. A 2 litre
    Platypus hydration sac alone costs over £20, and the Aldi one has a
    non-drip setting on the bite valve, plus the sac has a built-in clip
    to hold the tube and an integral rain cover. How do they do it for
    £7.99?!

    One thing to be wary of is, it suggests cleaning with luke warm water.
    You can use boiling water on a Platypus, but I don't think you can on
    this.
     
  6. Chris wrote:

    > I got one today, and I agree it looks very well made. A 2 litre
    > Platypus hydration sac alone costs over £20, and the Aldi one has a
    > non-drip setting on the bite valve, plus the sac has a built-in clip
    > to hold the tube and an integral rain cover. How do they do it for
    > £7.99?!


    So it's a rucksack with a hydration sac? Could it take it out and use
    it in a different rucksack?

    If so maybe I should pop in tomorrow to see if there's any left.

    Paul
    --
    http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk
    http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk
     
  7. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Paul Saunders" <pvs1@wildwales.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

    >So it's a rucksack with a hydration sac? Could it take it out and use
    >it in a different rucksack?
    >

    Yes, it's removable.
     
  8. Paul Saunders <pvs1@wildwales.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
    > Brian wrote:
    >
    >> I'll be sure pop into Aldi's on Thursday.

    >
    > Well they've all gone. Didn't think they'd be that popular.
    >


    The Cambridge ones had all gone by 10am Thursday.

    -adrian
     
  9. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Paul Saunders <pvs1@wildwales.fsnet.co.uk> wrote
    >Brian wrote:
    >
    >> I'll be sure pop into Aldi's on Thursday.

    >
    >Well they've all gone. Didn't think they'd be that popular.
    >
    >Paul
    >--


    Perfect for under-18s with illegal booze, the cops can confiscate cans
    and bottles now, but can you imagine the paperwork if they snatched
    their camelbacks?
    --
    Gordon
     
  10. Judith

    Judith Guest

    On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:05:54 +0100, "Paul Saunders"
    <pvs1@wildwales.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

    >Well they've all gone. Didn't think they'd be that popular.



    All gone in New Ferry this morning (Saturday).

    I had a feeling they would be but it was worth the trip as I got a
    running jacket and a couple of fleece blankets.

    Apparently the blankets are left over from a couple of weeks ago, so
    only the acky colours were left, but they'll be lovely and snug in an
    Argos PA-1 when I'm car camping.

    Judith
     
  11. AC

    AC Guest

    "Judith" <no.spam.for.goofif.please@aol.com> wrote in message
    news:u1lfm0l4je9h2n5pf6pebrp74ektnkoqtl@4ax.com...
    > On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:05:54 +0100, "Paul Saunders"
    > <pvs1@wildwales.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >Well they've all gone. Didn't think they'd be that popular.

    >
    >
    > All gone in New Ferry this morning (Saturday).
    >
    > I had a feeling they would be but it was worth the trip as I got a
    > running jacket and a couple of fleece blankets.
    >
    > Apparently the blankets are left over from a couple of weeks ago, so
    > only the acky colours were left, but they'll be lovely and snug in an
    > Argos PA-1 when I'm car camping.
    >
    > Judith



    I popped into my local this afternoon and there were 1/2 dozen still there.
     
  12. Judith

    Judith Guest

    On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:13:13 +0000 (UTC), "AC"
    <removethisbit@btinternet.com> wrote:

    >I popped into my local this afternoon and there were 1/2 dozen still there.
    >

    What? The backpacks or the blankets? ....and where is your local?


    Strewth..... talk about only giving half the information!

    Judith
     
  13. AC

    AC Guest

    "Judith" <no.spam.for.goofif.please@aol.com> wrote in message
    news:m98gm05ani718q76g90ruhbftvgps7qsua@4ax.com...
    > On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:13:13 +0000 (UTC), "AC"
    > <removethisbit@btinternet.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I popped into my local this afternoon and there were 1/2 dozen still

    there.
    > >

    > What? The backpacks or the blankets? ....and where is your local?
    >
    >
    > Strewth..... talk about only giving half the information!
    >
    > Judith


    Sorry Judith, I wrongly assumed that the subject heading would give a
    clue....yep, the Aldi Hydration Rucksacs I was on about - they had them in
    blue and grey n black. I should have picked one up for my oldest lad but
    didn't think about it til later...ooops.

    My local....haven't really got one these days but the Aldi's I was talking
    about is in Ebbw Vale next to MacDonalds !

    :eek:)

    I work in Newport and there an Aldis on the retail park near where I work
    and they still have loads of the gaiters left from a few months ago, they
    had some of the blankets last week.
     
  14. Steve Lowe

    Steve Lowe Guest

    On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:05:54 +0100 "Paul Saunders"
    <pvs1@wildwales.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

    >Brian wrote:
    >
    >> I'll be sure pop into Aldi's on Thursday.

    >
    >Well they've all gone. Didn't think they'd be that popular.
    >
    >Paul



    Bought 2 yesterday - opened one - looks quite well made - rinsed the
    bag out several times with warm and cold water but still got quite a
    chemically taste to the water comming out the bag - anyone else
    noticed this ?

    splowe.
    - Steve Lowe
    - E-Mail : NO.SPAM.splowe@usa.net
    - Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM
    - UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net
     
  15. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Steve Lowe <splowe@usa.net> wrote:

    >Bought 2 yesterday - opened one - looks quite well made - rinsed the
    >bag out several times with warm and cold water but still got quite a
    >chemically taste to the water comming out the bag - anyone else
    >noticed this ?
    >

    Camelbak systems also taste like this the first time you use them. If
    you fill the bag with a warm solution of bicarb of soda overnight it
    should sort the problem permanently.
     
  16. Judith

    Judith Guest

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 06:09:49 +0000 (UTC), "AC"
    <removethisbit@btinternet.com> wrote:

    >Sorry Judith, I wrongly assumed that the subject heading would give a
    >clue


    Are you new here? ;-)

    >....yep, the Aldi Hydration Rucksacs I was on about - they had them in
    >blue and grey n black. I should have picked one up for my oldest lad but
    >didn't think about it til later...ooops.
    >
    >My local....haven't really got one these days but the Aldi's I was talking
    >about is in Ebbw Vale next to MacDonalds !


    Hm? I don't think I'll be passing any time soon. Good job really. I
    don't need another rucksack and I don't need any sort of water bottle
    ...... so it would be yet another piece of gear to put with the rest.

    Judith
     
  17. Judith

    Judith Guest

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:30:54 +0100, Judith
    <no.spam.for.goofif.please@aol.com> wrote:

    >Hm? I don't think I'll be passing any time soon. Good job really. I
    >don't need another rucksack and I don't need any sort of water bottle
    >..... so it would be yet another piece of gear to put with the rest.


    Oh what weak will.

    I just happened to be passing Llandudno Aldi and they had one
    Hydration Rucksack left .... so I bought it.

    Incredible value, IMO.

    It tastes a bit sterilised/plasticy at the moment but I am sure that
    will pass if I soak it in Sodium Bicarb.

    I had to laugh on my way into Aldi when I realised I was wearing my
    Aldi Fleece and my Aldi walking boots. I didn't have my Aldi trekking
    poles though ..... didn't want to overdo it.

    Judith
     
  18. Geoff Berrow

    Geoff Berrow Guest

    I noticed that Message-ID: <gpclm0dbebk021115hj4crofj04dspsr95@4ax.com>
    from Judith contained the following:

    >
    >I had to laugh on my way into Aldi when I realised I was wearing my
    >Aldi Fleece and my Aldi walking boots. I didn't have my Aldi trekking
    >poles though ..... didn't want to overdo it.


    I must say I'm bewildered. Half the group are talking about rock bottom
    priced kit and half are talking about arm and a leg stuff.

    How much is 'I use this kit because it works' as opposed to 'this bit of
    kit must work because I paid a lot of money for it.'
    --
    Geoff Berrow (put thecat out to email)
    It's only Usenet, no one dies.
    My opinions, not the committee's, mine.
    Simple RFDs http://www.ckdog.co.uk/rfdmaker/
     
  19. Fran

    Fran Guest

    bl@ckdog.co.uk said...
    > I noticed that Message-ID: <gpclm0dbebk021115hj4crofj04dspsr95@4ax.com>
    > from Judith contained the following:
    >
    > >
    > >I had to laugh on my way into Aldi when I realised I was wearing my
    > >Aldi Fleece and my Aldi walking boots. I didn't have my Aldi trekking
    > >poles though ..... didn't want to overdo it.

    >
    > I must say I'm bewildered. Half the group are talking about rock bottom
    > priced kit and half are talking about arm and a leg stuff.
    >
    > How much is 'I use this kit because it works' as opposed to 'this bit of
    > kit must work because I paid a lot of money for it.'
    >

    I'm one of the ones who can't be bothered paying money I haven't
    got and can therefore ill afford if I don't have to. I flatly
    refuse to compromise on footwear, regardless of whether it's
    sandals or walking boots (and I don't have anything else) or even
    shoes for the children to wear to school; however my walking
    poles came from Lidl and are just fine; my kag and trousers came
    from a Tog24 factory retail outlet; my fleeces are courtesy of
    places like Tesco; T-shirts from Milletts or Lidl... I do have
    'proper' socks for hiking, because experience has proved that
    cheap ones aren't worth having, but my rucksacks are all
    cheap'n'cheerful (except for a huge, heavy 90L thing that I use
    more for doing the shopping than for walking) and most of my
    'equipment' is the cheapest I could get that would still do the
    job. Tents? Cheap, free, in "last year's colours" (so half
    price) or second hand. Sleeping bags? Would you believe
    Somerfield? Also Lidl, Aldi, Poundstretcher... Self-inflating
    mattresses from Therm-A-Rest, Highlander, Lidl... All of which
    probably doesn't make you any less baffled :)
    --
    I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see me
    as a dire warning.
     
Loading...

Share This Page

Loading...