Aldi Hydration Rucksack each £7.99

Tony Gent

Guest
Just been looking at Aldi offers and thought I would post this up.

Cheers

Tony

Hydration Rucksack each £7.99
Lightweight, 7 litre rucksack with integrated hydration system. . Suitable
for endurance or energetic sports such as walking, climbing, running or
cycling . Large main compartment with rear double zip, elasticated exterior
compartment, smaller compartment with outer zip pocket and audio cable
outlet . Removable hydration system with a two litre liquid capacity, large
filling cap and non-drip bite valve . Mesh padded backing system .
Adjustable sternum, shoulder and waist straps . Weighs only 700g when
empty . Available in blue/black or black/grey . Size: 44(h) x 21(w) x
12(d)cm.

"Tony Gent"wrote

> Just been looking at Aldi offers and thought I would post this up.

Also spotted them this weekend. They look like a cheap copy of a Camelback
MULE.

Cheers

Andy

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 19:33:14 +0000, Tony Gent wrote:

> Just been looking at Aldi offers and thought I would post this up.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tony
>

> Hydration Rucksack each £7.99

<snip>

Thanks for the heads-up. Currently got a Camelback Rogue, but it's not
been used for over 3 years and the bladders gone a bit foostie. Seems a
bargain, £7.99, rather than £20 or so for a replacement bladder!

I'll be sure pop into Aldi's on Thursday.

--
Brian

In Article <[email protected]>,Brian
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'll be sure pop into Aldi's on Thursday.

I had my doubts that these bags would be any good, never having seen or
bought Aldi outdoor gear before, but I have to say these little bags are
really good. Loads of attention to detail and really don't look as if
they're going to fall to bits after a couple of weeks use. I'm impressed.

Regards,
Richard G.

Richard G. <[email protected]> wrote:

>I had my doubts that these bags would be any good, never having seen or
>bought Aldi outdoor gear before, but I have to say these little bags are
>really good. Loads of attention to detail and really don't look as if
>they're going to fall to bits after a couple of weeks use. I'm impressed.

I got one today, and I agree it looks very well made. A 2 litre
Platypus hydration sac alone costs over £20, and the Aldi one has a
non-drip setting on the bite valve, plus the sac has a built-in clip
to hold the tube and an integral rain cover. How do they do it for
£7.99?!

One thing to be wary of is, it suggests cleaning with luke warm water.
You can use boiling water on a Platypus, but I don't think you can on
this.

Chris wrote:

> I got one today, and I agree it looks very well made. A 2 litre
> Platypus hydration sac alone costs over £20, and the Aldi one has a
> non-drip setting on the bite valve, plus the sac has a built-in clip
> to hold the tube and an integral rain cover. How do they do it for
> £7.99?!

So it's a rucksack with a hydration sac? Could it take it out and use
it in a different rucksack?

If so maybe I should pop in tomorrow to see if there's any left.

Paul
--
http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk
http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk

"Paul Saunders" <[email protected]> wrote:

>So it's a rucksack with a hydration sac? Could it take it out and use
>it in a different rucksack?

Yes, it's removable.

Paul Saunders <[email protected]> wrote:
> Brian wrote:
>
>> I'll be sure pop into Aldi's on Thursday.

> Well they've all gone. Didn't think they'd be that popular.

The Cambridge ones had all gone by 10am Thursday.

-adrian

Paul Saunders <[email protected]> wrote
>Brian wrote:
>
>> I'll be sure pop into Aldi's on Thursday.

>Well they've all gone. Didn't think they'd be that popular.
>
>Paul
>--

Perfect for under-18s with illegal booze, the cops can confiscate cans
and bottles now, but can you imagine the paperwork if they snatched
their camelbacks?
--
Gordon

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:05:54 +0100, "Paul Saunders"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Well they've all gone. Didn't think they'd be that popular.

All gone in New Ferry this morning (Saturday).

I had a feeling they would be but it was worth the trip as I got a
running jacket and a couple of fleece blankets.

Apparently the blankets are left over from a couple of weeks ago, so
only the acky colours were left, but they'll be lovely and snug in an
Argos PA-1 when I'm car camping.

Judith

"Judith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:05:54 +0100, "Paul Saunders"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Well they've all gone. Didn't think they'd be that popular.

> All gone in New Ferry this morning (Saturday).
>
> I had a feeling they would be but it was worth the trip as I got a
> running jacket and a couple of fleece blankets.
>
> Apparently the blankets are left over from a couple of weeks ago, so
> only the acky colours were left, but they'll be lovely and snug in an
> Argos PA-1 when I'm car camping.
>
> Judith

I popped into my local this afternoon and there were 1/2 dozen still there.

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:13:13 +0000 (UTC), "AC"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I popped into my local this afternoon and there were 1/2 dozen still there.

What? The backpacks or the blankets? ....and where is your local?

Strewth..... talk about only giving half the information!

Judith

"Judith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:13:13 +0000 (UTC), "AC"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I popped into my local this afternoon and there were 1/2 dozen still

there.

> What? The backpacks or the blankets? ....and where is your local?
>

> Strewth..... talk about only giving half the information!
>
> Judith

Sorry Judith, I wrongly assumed that the subject heading would give a
clue....yep, the Aldi Hydration Rucksacs I was on about - they had them in
blue and grey n black. I should have picked one up for my oldest lad but
didn't think about it til later...ooops.

My local....haven't really got one these days but the Aldi's I was talking
about is in Ebbw Vale next to MacDonalds !

:eek:)

I work in Newport and there an Aldis on the retail park near where I work
and they still have loads of the gaiters left from a few months ago, they
had some of the blankets last week.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Brian wrote:
>
>> I'll be sure pop into Aldi's on Thursday.

>Well they've all gone. Didn't think they'd be that popular.
>
>Paul

Bought 2 yesterday - opened one - looks quite well made - rinsed the
bag out several times with warm and cold water but still got quite a
chemically taste to the water comming out the bag - anyone else
noticed this ?

splowe.
- Steve Lowe
- E-Mail : [email protected]
- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM
- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net

Steve Lowe <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bought 2 yesterday - opened one - looks quite well made - rinsed the
>bag out several times with warm and cold water but still got quite a
>chemically taste to the water comming out the bag - anyone else
>noticed this ?

Camelbak systems also taste like this the first time you use them. If
you fill the bag with a warm solution of bicarb of soda overnight it
should sort the problem permanently.

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 06:09:49 +0000 (UTC), "AC"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Sorry Judith, I wrongly assumed that the subject heading would give a
>clue

Are you new here? ;-)

>....yep, the Aldi Hydration Rucksacs I was on about - they had them in
>blue and grey n black. I should have picked one up for my oldest lad but
>didn't think about it til later...ooops.
>
>My local....haven't really got one these days but the Aldi's I was talking
>about is in Ebbw Vale next to MacDonalds !

Hm? I don't think I'll be passing any time soon. Good job really. I
don't need another rucksack and I don't need any sort of water bottle
...... so it would be yet another piece of gear to put with the rest.

Judith

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:30:54 +0100, Judith
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hm? I don't think I'll be passing any time soon. Good job really. I
>don't need another rucksack and I don't need any sort of water bottle
>..... so it would be yet another piece of gear to put with the rest.

Oh what weak will.

I just happened to be passing Llandudno Aldi and they had one
Hydration Rucksack left .... so I bought it.

Incredible value, IMO.

It tastes a bit sterilised/plasticy at the moment but I am sure that
will pass if I soak it in Sodium Bicarb.

I had to laugh on my way into Aldi when I realised I was wearing my
Aldi Fleece and my Aldi walking boots. I didn't have my Aldi trekking
poles though ..... didn't want to overdo it.

Judith

I noticed that Message-ID: <[email protected]>
from Judith contained the following:

>I had to laugh on my way into Aldi when I realised I was wearing my
>Aldi Fleece and my Aldi walking boots. I didn't have my Aldi trekking
>poles though ..... didn't want to overdo it.

I must say I'm bewildered. Half the group are talking about rock bottom
priced kit and half are talking about arm and a leg stuff.

How much is 'I use this kit because it works' as opposed to 'this bit of
kit must work because I paid a lot of money for it.'
--
Geoff Berrow (put thecat out to email)
It's only Usenet, no one dies.

[email protected] said...
> I noticed that Message-ID: <[email protected]>
> from Judith contained the following:
>

> >I had to laugh on my way into Aldi when I realised I was wearing my
> >Aldi Fleece and my Aldi walking boots. I didn't have my Aldi trekking
> >poles though ..... didn't want to overdo it.

> I must say I'm bewildered. Half the group are talking about rock bottom
> priced kit and half are talking about arm and a leg stuff.
>
> How much is 'I use this kit because it works' as opposed to 'this bit of
> kit must work because I paid a lot of money for it.'

I'm one of the ones who can't be bothered paying money I haven't
got and can therefore ill afford if I don't have to. I flatly
refuse to compromise on footwear, regardless of whether it's
sandals or walking boots (and I don't have anything else) or even
shoes for the children to wear to school; however my walking
poles came from Lidl and are just fine; my kag and trousers came
from a Tog24 factory retail outlet; my fleeces are courtesy of
places like Tesco; T-shirts from Milletts or Lidl... I do have
'proper' socks for hiking, because experience has proved that
cheap ones aren't worth having, but my rucksacks are all
cheap'n'cheerful (except for a huge, heavy 90L thing that I use
more for doing the shopping than for walking) and most of my
'equipment' is the cheapest I could get that would still do the
job. Tents? Cheap, free, in "last year's colours" (so half
price) or second hand. Sleeping bags? Would you believe
Somerfield? Also Lidl, Aldi, Poundstretcher... Self-inflating
mattresses from Therm-A-Rest, Highlander, Lidl... All of which
probably doesn't make you any less baffled :)
--
I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see me
as a dire warning.