Another website selling KH for *less*

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by MuniAddict, Jul 4, 2007.

  1. MuniAddict

    MuniAddict Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/23wozr

    Not as low as AE was, but still significantly less then UDC.

    --
    MuniAddict

    "On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
    man.")

    My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

    My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
    http://www.usenet.com

    Tags:

  2. Last I checked A E Bike still had 'em for 417. What's funny is this site
    you referenced claims a weight of 13 lbs ! Would be worth the extra 100
    $ if that were true !;)

    --
    feel the light
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. MuniAddict

    MuniAddict Guest

    feel the light wrote:
    > Last I checked A E Bike still had 'em for 417. What's funny is this site
    > you referenced claims a weight of 13 lbs ! Would be worth the extra 100
    > $ if that were true !;)

    Yeah the weight is not accurate. AE *is* [currently] selling the KH 24
    for a -bit- less than UDC, but not as low as universal cycles; and U.
    Cycles will price match as well!

    --
    MuniAddict

    "On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
    man.")

    My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

    My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. skrobo

    skrobo Guest

    AE IS negotiable pricing!!!!
    get over it!
    you can get it for cheaper than that.

    --
    skrobo

    ><> Unicycle For Christ <><

    'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
    http://www.usenet.com

  5. Has anyone emailed Cullin at AE Bike about their real price ? I have yet
    to read a report on this. My experience with A E Bike has been so
    positive price wise, yet I don't know the current story on KH's. I
    think recommending them is a service to all fellow uni riders until
    someone can beat their prices. I am not a fan boy, I just like to help
    fellow riders get a good deal. I have always got what I ordered. I have
    yet to see any shop with better prices on anything. I just ordered some
    led lights etc.:D

    --
    feel the light
    http://www.usenet.com

  6. Brian O.

    Brian O. Guest

    feel the light wrote:
    > Has anyone emailed Cullin at AE Bike about their real price ? I have yet
    > to read a report on this. My experience with A E Bike has been so
    > positive price wise, yet I don't know the current story on KH's. I
    > think recommending them is a service to all fellow uni riders until
    > someone can beat their prices. I am not a fan boy, I just like to help
    > fellow riders get a good deal. I have always got what I ordered. I have
    > yet to see any shop with better prices on anything. I just ordered some
    > led lights etc.:D

    We don't need a report, what was said was said. If someone wants the
    deal they will pursue it that is all that is needed to know. Don't ruin
    it even more.

    --
    Brian O.

    mscalisi wrote:
    > We only need one 36" rim, one that doesn't suck. A properly sized KH rim
    > (like the 29er only larger) would be awesome.

    'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - The
    Unicyclist PC Game - In Early Development.
    http://www.usenet.com

  7. MuniAddict

    MuniAddict Guest

    skrobo wrote:
    > AE IS negotiable pricing!!!!
    > get over it!
    > you can get it for cheaper than that.

    Geezus man I was only letting people know that there was another option!
    I LOVE AE bikes and have already bought TWO KH unis and they're service
    is terrific, but sometimes they're out of stock....SO, the other
    referral is just there in case and they TOO will match price.

    --
    MuniAddict

    "On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
    man.")

    My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

    My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
    http://www.usenet.com

  8. skrobo

    skrobo Guest

    ohhh
    ok
    that makes sense then.
    one question: don't price matching services go away if the item is out
    of stock at the other store w/ said price?

    --
    skrobo

    ><> Unicycle For Christ <><

    'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
    http://www.usenet.com

  9. MuniAddict

    MuniAddict Guest

    skrobo wrote:
    > ohhh
    > ok
    > that makes sense then.
    > one question: don't price matching services go away if the item is out
    > of stock at the other store w/ said price?

    Really depends on the company, and if the person you're dealing with is
    in the position to authorize the match. You're right that in *most*
    cases, the price match is only valid if the competitor has the same
    item in _stock_, but in the past I've gotten the match regardless
    because they simply wanted to make the sale.

    --
    MuniAddict

    "On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
    man.")

    My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

    My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
    http://www.usenet.com

  10. zfreak220

    zfreak220 Guest

    feel the light wrote:
    > Has anyone emailed Cullin at AE Bike about their real price ? I have yet
    > to read a report on this. My experience with A E Bike has been so
    > positive price wise, yet I don't know the current story on KH's. I
    > think recommending them is a service to all fellow uni riders until
    > someone can beat their prices. I am not a fan boy, I just like to help
    > fellow riders get a good deal. I have always got what I ordered. I have
    > yet to see any shop with better prices on anything. I just ordered some
    > led lights etc.:D

    $375 for a KH 20 at AE from what Cull*e*n told me.

    --
    zfreak220

    KH fund: $263.02/$390-$126.98 left-about 49 days of saving-august 18th

    Unicaw89 wrote:
    > Special thanks to Jesus, cause he gives me pimpsauce in a can that I
    > spread around to the world!

    http://www.usenet.com

  11. Racenut

    Racenut Guest

    Great price or not, is there ANYONE that actually has stock on a KH20?

    My LBS can get me a good deal, but can't get them for several weeks.
    Everywhere, I see several week backorder.

    I basically gave up and decided to look at the Koxx, but it seems
    they're having some issues too and may be several weeks to get that
    sorted out.

    Seems to be a major supply problem with high end 20" uni's right now.

    --
    Racenut

    *Unicycling is easier than falling off a log. So long as falling off is
    the goal.*
    http://www.usenet.com

  12. MuniAddict

    MuniAddict Guest

    YEp, AE does *not* have KH trials.

    --
    MuniAddict

    "On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
    man.")

    My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

    My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
    http://www.usenet.com

  13. anton005

    anton005 Guest

    feel the light wrote:
    > Has anyone emailed Cullin at AE Bike about their real price ? I have yet
    > to read a report on this. My experience with A E Bike has been so
    > positive price wise, yet I don't know the current story on KH's. I
    > think recommending them is a service to all fellow uni riders until
    > someone can beat their prices. I am not a fan boy, I just like to help
    > fellow riders get a good deal. I have always got what I ordered. I have
    > yet to see any shop with better prices on anything. I just ordered some
    > led lights etc.:D

    I bought my kh24 a couple of weeks ago from AE Bikes, I emailed Cullin
    and he gave me a good price. Not quite as low as it was, but lower
    than MSRP. I'm happy, great service too. I'm much MORE happy since I
    started riding it. I LOVE it, I LOVE Muni, still working on my skillz,
    but getting noticeably better each time I go out, it's awesome, a
    pretty sweet workout too. Sorry, I know that has nothing to do with
    this thread, but I just had to tell someone.

    --
    anton005
    http://www.usenet.com

  14. puresyn

    puresyn Guest

    The guy at my bike shop who is an authorized dealer of KH and UDC
    products. I asked him why Bedford Canada was so cheap on KH20 for about
    $300 CDN (about same as US$ now).

    http://tinyurl.com/435hk

    Of course that was 2006. The price shot up 66% in just a year. The
    answer will upset you why Authorized KH dealers have to sell KH at
    those prices. In order to be a KH dealer you have to agree not to
    advertise or sell at higher than UDC prices I am told. So UDC might be
    to blame for the sudden 66% increase in prices. As far as the low
    prices, these guys buy from a wholesaler and resell it.

    Oh, and I called Bedford. That KH is now $485+$30 shipping! Thanks UDC
    for pumping the prices up!

    So, the difference in price results in who is an authorized dealer.

    --
    puresyn
    http://www.usenet.com

Share This Page