Are SUVs "evil" and bikes "good"?

KingOfTheApes schrieb:
> On Jun 26, 5:18 am, Tadej Brezina <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Where's the point in the promotion from dictatorship to monarchy?

> Tadej, we are fighting the predators of the jungle through their
> symbols of power and status.
> I don't promote monarchy though, just monkey democracy.

But you promoted yourselves from plain commandante to illustrious king!
How does that go along with your democratic strives towards banana republic?

> The alpha-male
> monkeys that want to be lions will be put in cages. Unless they eat
> the banana to prove who they are... ;)

No need to put the wannabe lions in cages, just throw them back at their
natural feet! ;.)

Tadej
--
“It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary
depends upon his not understanding it.”

On Jun 26, 12:36 pm, Tadej Brezina <[email protected]> wrote:
> KingOfTheApes schrieb:
>
> > On Jun 26, 5:18 am, Tadej Brezina <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Where's the point in the promotion from dictatorship to monarchy?

> > Tadej, we are fighting the predators of the jungle through their
> > symbols of power and status.
> > I don't promote monarchy though, just monkey democracy.

> But you promoted yourselves from plain commandante to illustrious king!
> How does that go along with your democratic strives towards banana republic?
>
> >  The alpha-male
> > monkeys that want to be lions will be put in cages. Unless they eat
> > the banana to prove who they are... ;)

> No need to put the wannabe lions in cages, just throw them back at their
> natural feet! ;.)
>
> Tadej
> --
> “It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary
> depends upon his not understanding it.”
> <Upton Sinclair in The Jungle>

It's either the cage, the feet, the bike or the banana!

KingOfTheApes schrieb:
> You know what USA stands for?
>
> USA stands for United Selfish of America...
>
> I wonder how can anyone die for a country that stands for
> selfishness?

"I would never fight for my country, \\ 'cause it won't fight for you
and me."

On Jun 26, 1:10 pm, Jens Müller <[email protected]> wrote:
> KingOfTheApes schrieb:
>
> > You know what USA stands for?

> > USA stands for United Selfish of America...

> > I wonder how can anyone die for a country that stands for
> > selfishness?

> "I would never fight for my country, \\ 'cause it won't fight for you
> and me."

Exactly. But it's the stupid monkeys that do the fighting...

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/f/f6/Armed_monkeys.jpg

On Jun 26, 1:10 pm, Jens Müller <[email protected]> wrote:
> KingOfTheApes schrieb:
>
> > You know what USA stands for?

> > USA stands for United Selfish of America...

> > I wonder how can anyone die for a country that stands for
> > selfishness?

> "I would never fight for my country, \\ 'cause it won't fight for you
> and me."

Exactly. But it's the stupid monkeys that do the fighting...

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/f/f6/Armed_monkeys.jpg

On Jun 26, 1:10 pm, Jens Müller <[email protected]> wrote:
> KingOfTheApes schrieb:
>
> > You know what USA stands for?

> > USA stands for United Selfish of America...

> > I wonder how can anyone die for a country that stands for
> > selfishness?

> "I would never fight for my country, \\ 'cause it won't fight for you
> and me."

Exactly. But it's the stupid monkeys that do the fighting...

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/f/f6/Armed_monkeys.jpg

BICYCLE VIDEO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOJibBn1Et4

Originally Posted by genec
"I have since fixed the link to the video... thanks DQ for pointing it
out."

Oh tanks, I've been looking for the video.

The point is that 40% of trips in America are under 2 miles, PERFECT
FOR RIDING BIKES...

So it's NOT even that we have to get rid of the evil SUVs overnight,
but we can take up biking for short distances.

And if you do one good thing, then it cancels out the bad thing, and
you are OK... Get my point?

[...]

"BTW having spent 7 years as a "stupid monkey" (by your definition) I
find your implications quite distasteful.

Try to keep in mind that the monkeys only carry out the policies set
forth by the politicians. And as a democracy, we tend to get the
politicians we deserve."

Well, things were different before 2000. There was a sense of duty and
patriotism. This war is about oil and SUVs, period. Or you may have
signed up before 9-11, in which case you didn't know how to get out.

My statement though is not meant to be an insult, but a reminder to
those monkeys who want to join the Army.

Forget about democracy, the sheep vote for the lions, and are not
interested in what war is all about. "Just do the job quickly," they
say. Well, it turned out to be neither quick nor cheap.

The monkeys need to be reminded that they are neither lions nor
sheep...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a15KgyXBX24

On Jun 26, 5:11 pm, DennisTheBald <[email protected]> wrote:
> What kind of drugs might one take to cause them to refer to a motor
> vehicle as a sports utility vehicle?
>
> There ain't nothin' sporting about yer Ford Exploder, while bicycles
> on the other hand do seem to be central to some sports like racing and
> X-Games.  Heck if riding a bike isn't a sport why do you gotta wear
> them goofey assed britches and that stupid helmet to do it?
>
> There ain't nothing utilitarian about a vehicle that consumes 25% of
> my gross income to operate.  The venerable wire donkey on the other
> hand eats so little and carries so much.
>
> Motor vehicles are indeed a tool of the devil, and the devil's best
> weapon is to obfuscate the true nature of things.  To attach the term
> SUV to a motor vehicle is the work of the devil, clearly.

They gave it an appealing name for marketing, but their true nature is
better represented in: Selfish Unnecessary Vehicles.

I don't know, but I get the feeling that this is one of those famous
phrases for posterity...

"To be able to survive on a bike you must both have the patience of
Bhudda and the rifle of John Wayne."

(Try the patience first. Unless you believe to be in the Wild West,
and then "the quickest draw wins." Now guaranteed by the Supreme
Court.)

In article
<58eefafd-0bdd-40e7-bd2c-350c9dbb41b5@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
KingOfTheApes <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jun 25, 9:27 pm, Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article
> > <b96fbe53-7005-41ac-b78e-935e15e8e...@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  KingOfTheApes <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > No, you can't please God and the Devil at the same time. If
> > > there's no evil in SUVs, then who's evil, the driver? Well, there
> > > has to be a hope for him, some incentive, right?

> > > It's better you drop the SUV, but some are just "elitist" riders.
> > > ;)

> > Evil, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.  Maybe you need
> > to look in the mirror.- Hide quoted text -

> That's true. Most of the world regards SUVs and evil.

That's not even coherent. Do you have some meds you're supposed to be
taking?

In article
<a97b3031-537b-4860-922f-b9ae8023421c@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,

You really are trolling now. Oh well, I've ****-canned all your other
sock puppets, time to ****-can this one.

On Jun 26, 5:40 pm, Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <58eefafd-0bdd-40e7-bd2c-350c9dbb4...@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  KingOfTheApes <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Jun 25, 9:27 pm, Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <b96fbe53-7005-41ac-b78e-935e15e8e...@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Evil, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.  Maybe you need
> > > to look in the mirror.- Hide quoted text -

> > That's true. Most of the world regards SUVs and evil.

> That's not even coherent.  Do you have some meds you're supposed to be
> taking?- Hide quoted text -

"Most of the world regards SUVs as evil."

Is that hard to figure out?

On Jun 26, 5:42 pm, Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <a97b3031-537b-4860-922f-b9ae80234...@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  KingOfTheApes <[email protected]> wrote:
> > You know what USA stands for?

> > USA stands for United Selfish of America...

> > I wonder how can anyone die for a country that stands for
> > selfishness?

> You really are trolling now.  Oh well, I've ****-canned all your other
> sock puppets, time to ****-can this one.

There's a difference, you know...

"You are doing good for the environment and peace. Not like those
selfish people who drive SUVs."

http://www.zazzle.com/bike_for_peace_shirt-235089762324119933