Are You A Risk Taker?

Lizel

Feb 17, 2015
What is the biggest risk that you've taken?
Share you're stories and life experience in this topic. :D

Reactions: haleylx4
So many stupid risks taken as a teen.
The worst one was we used to climb an abandoned water-tower on an industrial property in my area. About 2 meters from the top the ladder twisted and bent back above you before coming into the landing.
It was scary stuff, but an amazing view when you were up there.
This was before everyone had cameras with them, I wouldn't dare venture up for a photograph these days.

Invested on on an online HYIP and ended up losing $200. I was promised 100 percent profits on gains, daily, which never happened. The site was suddenly closed down without notice.

Giving up a career just to do what I thought at that time is good for me but it ended up as a big can of worms that I should not have opened in the first place.

The biggest risk I have every taken would probably be attempting to kill a brown recluse with my hand. I was at the mall, pulling up to park, and as I turned to the right, I saw a brown spider attempting to get in to my car. I did not know it was a recluse at first, so I did not care, but when it got in through my partially rolled down window, I noticed its fiddle, and no hair. I just panicked and swatted it. It was a bad idea, and I barely realized, so I panicked and jumped to the back seat. That is when I grabbed my phone and killed the recluse with it ( I had a case on, which I got rid of ), and the poison smeared my dashboard. So, I cleaned the poison with a towel. I feel stupid to have swatted it though, because I could have easily been bit.

9lines said:
Invested on on an online HYIP and ended up losing $200. I was promised 100 percent profits on gains, daily, which never happened. The site was suddenly closed down without notice.
Oh dear, you were probably fed up with that, because you couldn't even get your money back if there were no profits on gains? :(

Keyan said:
Giving up a career just to do what I thought at that time is good for me but it ended up as a big can of worms that I should not have opened in the first place.
Everyone makes mistakes, but you got out of it, and went back to your career, right-O?

I don't usually like to take risks. I like to be in my comfort zone. Where I know nothing will happen. :)

I definitely am a risk-taker, but I usually don't notice it until after I do the stupid thing. When I was a kid I climbed a sheer rockface barefooted with no safety equipment, because my brother wanted to and I wasn't one to back down. We got stuck, I ended up convincing him to follow me down a really long route from the top.

I also cracked my skull when I was 4 years old, trying to ride my bike no hands on a gravel drive.

I pumped up as fast as I could go on my bike at about 8 yrs old to go over a huge jump, and did successfully, but my feet came off the pedals, and when I landed I barely got them back on in time to not kill myself going around the sharp turn right after the jump.

I also ran into a cop car once on my bike, because he was lurking at the end of my driveway (which has a turn) and I was zooming as fast as my little 10 year old self could, and turned that corner like nothing, assuming no traffic would be there. There was. He was amused. I was not. :rolleyes:

I like to ride as carefully as possible along the traffic to not cause any accidents or injuries to anyone. It is also recommended to check your backside when you are chancing lanes since that is when most accidents occur.

I took many risks so far.
Once, my friend's rucksack fell down the slope/mountain and ended up in the deep valley and in the water or a spring that was all the way down the slope. So, I took a risk of getting myself down there. I took a branch of a tree that was coming out on the path in the mountain, from the tree down below, and I pretended I was Tarzan when I flew down the slope. The branch broke and I fell. I was bruised and had a great pain but did not break anything, fortunately.
I managed to retrieve my friend's belongings and had a hard time to get up there, to the top. Eventually, I succeeded, but it left me with a lot of pain in my muscles. :S

Everyone makes mistakes, but you got out of it, and went back to your career, right-O?
No I am taking a different direction now. I would love to work for myself now not for some boss or company. It is not easy but that is eventually my plan for the future.

I don't normally take risks. The biggest I can think of though is moving in with my bf who still lives with his mother, crazy I know. Now that I want to move out I feel guilty.

When I was younger I was more of a risk taker than I am now, but I think that's only natural.

As people get older they get a bit more conservative about things. That isn't a bad thing though, by the time we get older we should have made most of our mistakes and learned from them. It's all a part of growing up.

I have taken so many risks you'd never believe that I'm a worrier and fear death at an early age. I think there was always just comfort in numbers. Now that I'm older and don't hang with as many people, the risks are starting to feel a bit silly as opposed to fun.

I have taken so many risks you'd never believe that I'm a worrier and fear death at an early age. I think there was always just comfort in numbers. Now that I'm older and don't hang with as many people, the risks are starting to feel a bit silly as opposed to fun.

I don't think that as anything to do with the numbers, that's just because your getting older and your valuing life more than you used to, and that's the same for everyone.

When people are younger it's easier and less worrying to do certain things. As you get older you start to think twice

I'll only let it rip on a downhill when I know the roads and conditions are right. In the past I have had riders go down due to problems with the road. It only takes broken bones a few times to learn ya. I once hit 66 mph on my bike and often used to hit 50+ but I now keep it sane.

Isn't the fastest speed recorded in normal conditions around the 80mph mark? If it is then being able to get up to 66mph and above 50 on a regular basis is quite some achievement.