Avoiding Accidents On The Road

Discussion in 'Commuting and Road Safety' started by Corzhens, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

this is why we all sorts of crimes because people won't follow the guidelines.

2. DenisP

DenisP New Member

Besides this, there should also be more serious penalties for motorists caught parking or driving in the bike lane.

I lived in New York City for most of my life, and riding your bike there was a disaster. Then, they recently added bike lanes to most areas, in hopes that it would reduce traffic accidents and encourage more people to commute on their bicycles.

Well, soon a new issue erupted. Motorists were showing absolutely zero respect for bike lanes. Motorists driving, parking, and stopping in bike lanes made and still makes riding in NYC a nightmare. Lanes are only effective if people respect them and rules are enforced.

Corzhens likes this.
  3. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Parking in bike lanes is also what I see here. I remember posting a picture of that in this site where a car was parked right on the bicycle lane. In the olden days, there was a campaign on the awareness of road-sharing. That you do not own the road so you should share it with the other users. But now, the roads here are in chaos with the 2-wheels, 4-wheels and big vehicles all in a scramble for front position. There are roads here with bike lanes but there is no enforcement so the bike lane has no benefit to the public at all.