Baked Buffalo Style Chicken Breasts?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by MilwaukeeConosieur, Dec 5, 2007.

  1. So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
    or flour?

    Thanks
    MC

    Tags:

  2. hahabogus

    hahabogus Guest

    MilwaukeeConosieur <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
    > or flour?
    >
    > Thanks
    > MC

    consider pork rinds for that low carb breading

    --

    The house of the burning beet-Alan

    Elbonian Folklore

  3. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    hahabogus wrote:
    > MilwaukeeConosieur <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote in
    >
    >> So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread
    >> crumbs or flour?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> MC

    I've never heard of buffalo chicken breasts. But the sauce for wings is
    just melted butter and hot sauce slathered liberally over deep fried wings.
    I do mine under the broiler, though, and brush them constantly with the
    sauce during the process.

    Jill

  4. sf

    sf Guest

  5. "MilwaukeeConosieur" <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
    > or flour?
    >
    > Thanks
    > MC

    Where did you get the idea that Buffalo any-kind-of-chicken involved those
    ingredients?

  6. On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
    <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
    >or flour?

    Wouldn't flour-free buffalo chicken just be chicken breasts brushed
    with hot sauce?

  7. On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
    <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
    >or flour?

    Wouldn't flour-free buffalo chicken just be chicken breasts brushed
    with hot sauce?

  8. hahabogus

    hahabogus Guest

    Karen AKA Kajikit <kajikit@jagcon.com> wrote in

    > On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
    > <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
    >>or flour?

    > Wouldn't flour-free buffalo chicken just be chicken breasts brushed
    > with hot sauce?

    Not if breaded with crumbled pork rinds.

    --

    The house of the burning beet-Alan

    Elbonian Folklore

  9. hahabogus

    hahabogus Guest

    Karen AKA Kajikit <kajikit@jagcon.com> wrote in

    > On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
    > <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
    >>or flour?

    > Wouldn't flour-free buffalo chicken just be chicken breasts brushed
    > with hot sauce?

    Not if breaded with crumbled pork rinds.

    --

    The house of the burning beet-Alan

    Elbonian Folklore

  10. raymond

    raymond Guest

    <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
    >or flour?

    Don't use breading. Buffalo chicken anything is not breaded. Breading
    was added by the fast food chains so they could use their regular mass
    produced artificially flavored breaded frozen chicken and not have to
    stock two kinds of chicken and train their minimum wage imbeciles to
    French fry two different menu items. If you must have breading, then
    use potato chips, bread crumbs, or flour, and be happy with it. If you
    were a real connoisseur you wouldn't use breading, and you'd know how
    to spell it.

  11. "raymond" <raymond@fakeaddress.net> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
    > <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
    >>or flour?
    >>

    > Don't use breading. Buffalo chicken anything is not breaded. Breading
    > was added by the fast food chains so they could use their regular mass
    > produced artificially flavored breaded frozen chicken and not have to
    > stock two kinds of chicken and train their minimum wage imbeciles to
    > French fry two different menu items. If you must have breading, then
    > use potato chips, bread crumbs, or flour, and be happy with it. If you
    > were a real connoisseur you wouldn't use breading, and you'd know how
    > to spell it.

    He/she didn't use the word "breading" in the original message, so I'm not
    sure how you managed to see it misspelled.

  12. Sorry. Meant to reply by usenet used email by accident.

    On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:07:54 GMT, in rec.food.cooking you wrote:

    >"MilwaukeeConosieur" <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
    >> or flour?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> MC

    >Where did you get the idea that Buffalo any-kind-of-chicken involved those
    >ingredients?

    Because a lot of the recipes that I found on the net did.

    Oops.
    Just noticed that I didn't say skinless.

  13. "MilwaukeeConosieur" <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry. Meant to reply by usenet used email by accident.
    >

    > On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:07:54 GMT, in rec.food.cooking you wrote:
    >
    >>"MilwaukeeConosieur" <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
    >>> or flour?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> MC

    >>Where did you get the idea that Buffalo any-kind-of-chicken involved those
    >>ingredients?

    > Because a lot of the recipes that I found on the net did.
    >
    > Oops.
    > Just noticed that I didn't say skinless.

    Well, in Buffalo, this would be considered heresy! :)

  14. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    hahabogus wrote:
    > Karen AKA Kajikit <kajikit@jagcon.com> wrote in
    >
    >> On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
    >> <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread
    >>> crumbs or flour?

    >> Wouldn't flour-free buffalo chicken just be chicken breasts brushed
    >> with hot sauce?
    >>

    > Not if breaded with crumbled pork rinds.

    The OP said they didn't want *any* kind of breading. Why are you assuming
    this is because the are a low-carber, Alan?

    Jill

  15. On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:47:29 -0500, raymond <raymond@fakeaddress.net>
    wrote:

    > If you
    >were a real connoisseur you wouldn't use breading, and you'd know how
    >to spell it.

    Boy youse snoot East guys...
    It's the way wez spell it here in Milwaukee.

    Oh yes. In Milwaukee, we know our English grammar well enough to know
    it's bad grammar to use an ambiguous pronoun.

  16. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    raymond wrote:

    > On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
    > <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > >So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
    > >or flour?
    > >

    > Don't use breading. Buffalo chicken anything is not breaded.

    Nor is it baked. It is deep fried.

    > Breading
    > was added by the fast food chains so they could use their regular mass
    > produced artificially flavored breaded frozen chicken and not have to
    > stock two kinds of chicken and train their minimum wage imbeciles to
    > French fry two different menu items. If you must have breading, then
    > use potato chips, bread crumbs, or flour, and be happy with it. If you
    > were a real connoisseur you wouldn't use breading, and you'd know how
    > to spell it.

    A number of places around here serve their wings "dusted", dredged in a
    mixture of flour and some chicken soup powder, then deep fried and tossed
    in sauce. While not authentic Buffalo Wings, they are pretty good.

  17. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

    > He/she didn't use the word "breading" in the original message, so I'm not
    > sure how you managed to see it misspelled.

    True enough, but the subject line was about chicken breasts, and I just
    can't picture deep drying pieces of chicken breast without some sort of
    breading.

  18. zara

    zara Guest

    "raymond" <raymond@fakeaddress.net> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:39 -0600, MilwaukeeConosieur
    > <doctlo-icfp@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>So anyone got a recipe that doesn't involve potato chips, bread crumbs
    >>or flour?
    >>

    > Don't use breading. Buffalo chicken anything is not breaded. Breading
    > was added by the fast food chains so they could use their regular mass
    > produced artificially flavored breaded frozen chicken and not have to
    > stock two kinds of chicken and train their minimum wage imbeciles to
    > French fry two different menu items. If you must have breading, then
    > use potato chips, bread crumbs, or flour, and be happy with it. If you
    > were a real connoisseur you wouldn't use breading, and you'd know how
    > to spell it.

    testy -

  19. hahabogus

    hahabogus Guest

    "jmcquown" <jmcquown@bellsouth.net> wrote in

    > hahabogus wrote:
    >> Karen AKA Kajikit <kajikit@jagcon.com> wrote in

    >>> Wouldn't flour-free buffalo chicken just be chicken breasts brushed
    >>> with hot sauce?
    >>>

    >> Not if breaded with crumbled pork rinds.

    > The OP said they didn't want *any* kind of breading. Why are you
    > assuming this is because the are a low-carber, Alan?
    >
    > Jill

    Jill, you quoted him... where does it say "not any kind of breading"? He
    mentioned specific types of breading all fairly carb high...and pork
    rinds wasn't on his list; and it is low carb and an excellent bread crumb
    replacement and fairly cheap too.

    If he doesn't like the idea it don't matter to me but if it never crossed
    his mind it has now. And pork rind crumbs taste good on buffalo wings
    even if they are low carb. Even non low carb people can enjoy them.

    --

    The house of the burning beet-Alan

    Elbonian Folklore

  20. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    hahabogus wrote:
    > "jmcquown" <jmcquown@bellsouth.net> wrote in
    >
    >> hahabogus wrote:
    >>> Karen AKA Kajikit <kajikit@jagcon.com> wrote in

    >>> Not if breaded with crumbled pork rinds.

    >> The OP said they didn't want *any* kind of breading. Why are you
    >> assuming this is because the are a low-carber, Alan?
    >>
    >> Jill
    >>

    > Jill, you quoted him... where does it say "not any kind of breading"?
    > He mentioned specific types of breading all fairly carb high...and
    > pork rinds wasn't on his list; and it is low carb and an excellent
    > bread crumb replacement and fairly cheap too.

    True, but then I couldn't begin to list all the possible types of breading
    one could use. He didn't mention cornflake crumbs :)

    > If he doesn't like the idea it don't matter to me but if it never
    > crossed his mind it has now. And pork rind crumbs taste good on
    > buffalo wings even if they are low carb. Even non low carb people can
    > enjoy them.

    I suppose so! But you mentioned low carb and I don't immediately assume
    everyone who doesn't want breading is doing the low carb thing. I don't
    bread a lot of things and I'm not on a low carb diet :)

    Jill

Share This Page