Baltic countries roads

bikerfab

Guest
hello everybody, I started to plan my next trip and I would like to make
a journey through Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia (coming from Germany,
Czech Rep. and Poland).

My first idea would be to ride along the Baltic sea shore. As far as I
could see collecting various information on the web, the road
Klaipeda-Liepaja-Jurkalne-Ventspils should be asphalt road:

A) http://tinyurl.com/24e4ut

Then I'd like to continue through Kolka cape:

B) http://tinyurl.com/yocpf6

I suppose it is a very nice place but I'm afraid it is a gravel road I
cannot run on with my racing bike (give a look to pictures on my website
to see what I mean).

The road from Roja to Riga should be asphalted again.
The last part should be the road Riga-Parnu-Tallin (I would run on E67
via Baltica, so I suppose a fine road).

As an alternative to B) I could take the route Ventspils-Talsi-Roja-Riga
that should be all asphalted:

C) http://tinyurl.com/ywbccf

I prefear option B) but if the road is not asphalted I must go on C)

Does anyone have precise information about road condition for the A) B)
C) routes I have in mind ? Previous posts about cycling in Baltics area
are very old (about 10 years ago or more, so I suppose things changed
lately) and anyway not much detailed. The best would be someone who
lives there or has recently rode there. I found some travel reports on
the web and pictures show different kind of roads (asphalt and gravel)
so I suppose that some kind of roads are still not asphalted.

Thank you very much.

--
bikerfab

Viaggi in bicicletta, report foto e informazioni
Travelling by bicycle, report, pics and information
http://bikerfab.altervista.org/

On 18 Gen, 23:11, bikerfab <[email protected]> wrote:
> hello everybody, I started to plan my next trip and I would like to make
> a journey through Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia (coming from Germany,
> Czech Rep. and Poland).

A suggestion springs to mind.
Contact Franco Guidolin, a close friend of WF2, who has cycled the
whole of Europe over.
He lives in Castelfranco Veneto.

Sergio
Pisa