Banana seats!

fapper

Apr 24, 2016
Banana seats are my favorite seats. They are more comfortable because of the back rest. What is your favorite type of seat. The cloud nine brand seat is pretty popular for comfort on amazon, I tried it and liked it but prefer banana seats.

I think I'm more fond of Cruiser saddles which are more suited for long leisure rides while sitting upright, here is an example of a well-padded Cruise Saddle:
flickr-29943902@n02-4700346109-nirve-saddle-cruiser-600x400.jpg

^^ beautiful seat for sure. I like those types of seats as well. It feels like there's better seat distribution and they're much more comfortable. The flat top seats don't make my butt hurt like the other seats do.

Reactions: divinemaredi
While banana seats were comfortable keep in mind we didn't ride those types of bikes with those seats for 40 or more miles a day like we do with our road bikes and their seats. I bet you if you were to ride a banana seat equipped road bike (that would look weird!) you probably wouldn't make it more than 10 miles before your **** started screaming. It's a lot like those big cushy gel seats, their great to sit on for going around the block but not for a long ride.

^^ beautiful seat for sure. I like those types of seats as well. It feels like there's better seat distribution and they're much more comfortable. The flat top seats don't make my butt hurt like the other seats do.
I agree, it's a very "beautiful seat for sure"

I usually mess with my seats and make them my own way, I never find one perfectly fitted. I am going to be whipping one up with sugru, a touch of memory foam and some kind of soft cover with a moisture wick somewhere in there, not sure how I'ma do it, but do it I will. Already have a bunch of sugru and an old memory foam pillow to play with.

Edit: When I say usually, I mean I made 2 seats thus far and therefore consider myself an expert.

What about just the regular one? Haha, but all in all, I think it just matters if it's padded or not, I'd rather not have my upper thighs on fire because of the friction from pedaling and not being able to get comfortable at the long ride because you are sitting on metal. I got one once, and it gave me lower back pain for two days, and I had to switch it with a pretty soft one with extra padding for the long trips. I think that would fix the problem for most bikes, but then again it costs more money.

I do not like banana sits or maybe I do not like the bikes that I rode that had these sits. They were not comfortable at all with the steering wheel way to broad and high. I hope that you know what type of a bike is that. I like those sits that have an anatomical shape and a thin layers of some foam. I guess that is a regular mountain bike sit. I have my ass used to that :)

I don't really find that banana seats are any more comfortable than standard seats. But I think that is in part due to the fact that I don't find any bike seats "comfortable". I basically just tolerate bike seats as I don't have another choice. Also as someone else said, banana seats look pretty silly on a lot of bikes. But hey to each their own. Glad you like them!