Best bike

jonthai

Jun 10, 2016
Not sure if this is the correct forum category , but i'm looking for a new bike since my old one broke. What are some good road bikes out there, and what are the costs of it, taking in consideration the relation between price and product quality.

If you want the 'best' in regards of road cycling, I'm afraid those are expensive. But the expensive ones are best suited for high intensity cycling, for athletes and marathon bikers.

Ideally speaking, the best bike for general urban commuting is one that fits your size, has brakes in both wheels, lightweight frame and equipped with multivelocity. A Monty Fixie could be an alright choice as a road bike if you don't mean the lack of multivelo, It weights around 11 Kg, Selle Bassano 900series seat, double brakes and aluminum frame.

bicicleta-fixie-roja-monty.jpg

I don't think a fixed gear bike is the best bike, it's just a fad right now among the youth in mostly the skater culture. If you want a fix bike all you have to do is figure out what the gear ratio is on a fix bike and simply buy a regular geared road bike and figure out which gear is the same ratio and ride it all the time in that gear, then at least you could use the bike for other things.

There is no such thing as a best bike, just finding the best option that fits your needs the best. But for anyone here to provide a listing of potential best bikes you need to tell us what your budget is, without that information we're just throwing dirt on a silicone wall hoping a fragment of that dirt will stick.

Reactions: SoloOwners
Before getting a bike, Choose a quiet road or park, away from traffic, to minimize risk and distractions. There are also many introductory courses and rides to get you safely up and rolling. These courses also offer guidance on setting up your bike, riding safely on roads, and even route finding.

electric wheelchair scooter

I think the best bike always depends on the owner or cyclist, you should try if which bikes you are comfortable and also based on your needs. There're a lot of bike that we can consider best bike but we're not comfortable to use.

I don't know what think of test riding before buying, a lot of people buy bikes over the internet, and quite a few of them are expensive and or custom made bikes and people don't report problems doing it that way. I bought my Lynskey over the internet and I love the bike. So I don't think test riding is always necessary, but all those internet companies allow you to return the bike if for some reason you don't like it, but you will have to pay for return shipping. The Lynskey was my first mail order/internet purchased bike, all my others have been test ridden first before I bought, I pretty sure my touring bike I want to buy will be another internet purchase since I can't find a dealer that stocks them anywhere near where I live.

I just say to say I wouldn't be scared to buy a bike without ever test riding...unless you have some weird physical proportions that prevent you from fitting on a off the shelf bike, but then we would be talking custom made anyway and that's an entirely different story.