Best Breakfast For Cycling

My favorite meal before a big race or a long day of cycling has to be steak and eggs. I have had a protein shake before a day of cycling and it made me feel burnt out for some reason. It could be that It wasn't filling enough for me. Or it could be that it was just too early in the morning. I have always tried to go cycling in the early morning hours but I can never seem to wake up in time. Maybe I need to invest in a better alarm clock.

I have had a protein shake before a day of cycling and it made me feel burnt out for some reason.

They say that protein slows the digestion of carbohydrates.

Oatmeal, banana (fast and slow carbs), an egg or two (but easy on the protein), coffee and beet juice. That's a winner right there! :) I'm hungry now.

I would recommend you to drink some energy and protein drinks. Eating heavily before cycling is not a good idea. I usually take some energy drink that gives me the required energy and stamina for cycling. You can also take some energy fruits. I hope this helps.

This is always a tough one for me because I want to have a light breakfast but if I cannot get out early then I really want to make sure that I have something filling that will last. What that usually means is a lot of fiber for me, so I like to go with some general cereal and some fruit and some eggs. It is the most important meal, and it is amazing the difference that it can make out there when you are riding.

I'd definitely avoid a full english that's for sure.. they make you feel so bloated and mentally unable to do anything, at least for me. I'd recommend something involving a lot of bananas as they have a lot of energy release and are filling.

I prefer something hearty; 2-3 scrambled eggs, beans, some fish fingers or grilled fish, and a couple of slices of toast. Then for a snack later, a banana, some mixed nuts and seeds, and a protein shake

It actually depends on what kind of biking I would be doing that day. For instance, if it's just a slow-paced biking or moderate biking, I would have some hard-boiled eggs with toast and some fruits. This usually helps me stay full until lunch time.

If I'm doing a higher intensity bike ride, then I would need more foods that can fuel my day. I'd have some brown rice, with tomatoes and salted egg. I'd also add in some banana in the meal.

If I'm riding for a couple of hours, I would need more proteins. I would have some chicken breast with brown rice and some tomatoes as well. I'll add in some mangoes as well in there.

Otherwise, if I'm running out of time, I'll just have cereal with milk and a banana. Toast with some peanut butter and an apple works well too.

These are my go-to meals whenever I have to bike!

I generally never eat breakfast, so if I'm going on a short ride that's never a problem, as I can eat when I get home. However, if I'm going on a long trip I'll drink some orange juice and have a bowl of oatmeal cereal with cinnamon and raisins added. I'll pack an apple, banana, and some trail mix for the trip if I find I'm getting weak. I also drink a lot of water to keep hydrated. Food to me is not as important as staying hydrated.

I would believe a healthy cereal with a side of grains such as toast and some fruits would be a pleasant breakfast for the cycling day. Nothing too bad like cholesterol filled omelettes or pancakes.

Eggs, oatmeal, ham, toasted bread and fruits. These are my picks for a great headstart, not only for cycling. I wait 2 hours before doing any kind of aerobic and/or anaerobic exercices because it always felt stuffed no sooner I finish my breakfast.

If I'm going out for a longer ride I'll have a light breakfast (toast probably) and pack a few things to eat on the go (snickers, a banana or assorted nuts are my favorite snacks).

Anything with oats, since it gets absorbed slowly into the blood system an providing sugar for longer. I also like to have some sort of fruit to get that initial boost.

A light breakfast of eggs, boiled or fried, toast, and ham will provide you with enough proteins for the long ride. Remember to carry along a bottle of water or energy drink to avoid dehydration.

I am a vegan so I am always unsure what to have for breakfast if I know I will be on my bike most of the day. From experience, I can say that if I have a breakfast rich in quinoa, and take a protein with me to eat as a mid-morning snack, I have more than enough energy for the day, but I wanted to know if you guys have any suggestion. Thank you all in advance.

I would not recommend you a heavy meal before cycling. I would recommend you some protein sources like egg, milk, etc. Protein is a great source of energy. So, a breakfast containing protein-rich food will be best for you. You can also try some energy drinks before your cycling session.

You can't have a heavy breakfast if you plan on cycling an hour later. You'll feel too bloated and you won't be able to cycle at your most effective state. A few bread and jam, milk, and cream would be enough to fill you belly, without giving you the feeling of needing to puke halfway through your cycling run.

I know this goes against conventional wisdom, but I feel far better eating fats and proteins before riding than loading up on carbs. Eating a carb heavy breakfast only leads to getting major cravings 30 minutes into the ride. Fats and proteins keep me satiated where I never feel hungry during a ride.

I'm on the side of people that eat lot of fats and proteins before riding, then again my rides are never that long and they're only around campus so it isn't like I need a lot of stamina or endurance to keep up my pace. One of the things that I've eaten that definitely did not help was soup though, it was far too heavy and felt rather uncomfortable to even try to pedal..

Try just to make sure I eat enough for dinner the day before. Eat some fruit and a shake. Take some more fruit with me. Usually this does it.
Yeah, I don't believe that you ever really go cycling, at least not often or in a manner that has you planning meals. Sorry. To many spammy posts that just seem off or forced.