Best road tyre?

matty_manuva

Guest
I am looking at buying a non-knobby tyre for my KH24 freeride for street
use. Will a Maxxis Hookworm 24 x 2.5 fit on the std rim? I am also
considering a Thick Brick 24 x 3.0" - does anyone have any experience
with this tyre on a uni?

Cheers,
Matt

--
matty_manuva
matty_manuva's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12666

I was going to make a very similar thread, except the tire I want is for
a 24" muni with a Nimbus 2 frame, and I would want to use it for road
riding, hockey, and some freestyle.

I've read lots of old threads about tires, and it seems like the best
for all-round riding is generally considered to be the Hookworm. BUT I
want to ask if anyone has any experience with the Halo Twin Rail,
because it's pink and this makes me want it more than the Hookworm.

The Thick Brick looks pretty nice, especially in whitewall, but they
don't appear to be for sale in the UK so no good for me.

So does anyone have any experience with the Twin Rail, Hookworm, or any
other 24" slick?

--
domesticated ape
domesticated ape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8599

I got a Fireball on my 24" KH.
Works great for riding on the road and for trials to.
Only downside is you have to get used to the pulling in chambers and on
slopes.
The tirepresure must be just right: not to high and not to low.
But it's a great urban tire.

Peter M

--
Probailer2

john_childs

> Mmmmm... Sexy welds.

Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034

i use the hookworm. i have only usd the pink halo tyres on a bike so
havent had any experience on a uni with them. i think the hookworm is
better though. it has the tread on the walls of the tyre. it also has a
smoother tread pattern so i say go with the hookworm for performance or
the halo to look cool.

--
tomtrevor

I was doing a wheelie on my bike and figured why not buy a unicycle.
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

Dammit, I was hoping that someone would say 'get the Twin Rail, it's not
just pink, it's the best unicycle tyre ever made'.

I think I am going to have to make the rational decision and go with
the Hookworm. I'm not keen on the Fireball because the roads where I
live have lots of camber, and also it's quite a bit more expensive than
the Hookworm.

--

tomtrevor wrote:
> i use the hookworm. i have only usd the pink halo tyres on a bike so
> havent had any experience on a uni with them. i think the hookworm is
> better though. it has the tread on the walls of the tyre. it also has a
> smoother tread pattern so i say go with the hookworm for performance or
> the halo to look cool.

I have semi been one-dering about usi the hookworm for trials,
how much bounce do you get the hookworm?

--
dan de man

dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403