Best road tyre?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by matty_manuva, Jul 21, 2006.

  1. matty_manuva

    matty_manuva Guest

    I am looking at buying a non-knobby tyre for my KH24 freeride for street
    use. Will a Maxxis Hookworm 24 x 2.5 fit on the std rim? I am also
    considering a Thick Brick 24 x 3.0" - does anyone have any experience
    with this tyre on a uni?

    Cheers,
    Matt

    --
    matty_manuva
    matty_manuva's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12666

  2. I was going to make a very similar thread, except the tire I want is for
    a 24" muni with a Nimbus 2 frame, and I would want to use it for road
    riding, hockey, and some freestyle.

    I've read lots of old threads about tires, and it seems like the best
    for all-round riding is generally considered to be the Hookworm. BUT I
    want to ask if anyone has any experience with the Halo Twin Rail,
    because it's pink and this makes me want it more than the Hookworm.

    The Thick Brick looks pretty nice, especially in whitewall, but they
    don't appear to be for sale in the UK so no good for me.

    So does anyone have any experience with the Twin Rail, Hookworm, or any
    other 24" slick?

    --
    domesticated ape
    domesticated ape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8599

  3. Probailer2

    Probailer2 Guest

    I got a Fireball on my 24" KH.
    Works great for riding on the road and for trials to.
    Only downside is you have to get used to the pulling in chambers and on
    slopes.
    The tirepresure must be just right: not to high and not to low.
    But it's a great urban tire.

    Peter M

    --
    Probailer2

    john_childs

    > Mmmmm... Sexy welds.

    Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034

  4. tomtrevor

    tomtrevor Guest

    i use the hookworm. i have only usd the pink halo tyres on a bike so
    havent had any experience on a uni with them. i think the hookworm is
    better though. it has the tread on the walls of the tyre. it also has a
    smoother tread pattern so i say go with the hookworm for performance or
    the halo to look cool.

    --
    tomtrevor

    I was doing a wheelie on my bike and figured why not buy a unicycle.
    tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

  5. Dammit, I was hoping that someone would say 'get the Twin Rail, it's not
    just pink, it's the best unicycle tyre ever made'.

    I think I am going to have to make the rational decision and go with
    the Hookworm. I'm not keen on the Fireball because the roads where I
    live have lots of camber, and also it's quite a bit more expensive than
    the Hookworm.

    --
    domesticated ape
    domesticated ape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8599

  6. dan de man

    dan de man Guest

    tomtrevor wrote:
    > i use the hookworm. i have only usd the pink halo tyres on a bike so
    > havent had any experience on a uni with them. i think the hookworm is
    > better though. it has the tread on the walls of the tyre. it also has a
    > smoother tread pattern so i say go with the hookworm for performance or
    > the halo to look cool.

    I have semi been one-dering about usi the hookworm for trials,
    how much bounce do you get the hookworm?

    --
    dan de man

    tomtrevor wrote:
    > y do u want to know the colour of my sh*t? like that just isn't natural
    > for someone to think that.

    dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Share This Page