Best sunscreen for long trips?

WorkingMom

Jun 1, 2011
I am wondering what your favorite sunscreen is for long rides?

I just read the 2011 Sunscreen Guide from EWG and they recommended this sunscreen: http://breakingnews.ewg.org/2011sunscreen/about-the-sunscreens/386145/Dermagenics_Sun_Savvy_Solar_Shield%2C_SPF_20/

Has anyone tried it? Any other recommendations? I have very pale skin and have not found anything yet that protects my skin without irritating it.

Thanks! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks Scott - that looks like a great one to try!

I think I must be allergic to something in most sunscreens because my face gets red and itchy, so I am looking forward to trying a physical sunscreen.

Does anyone else have a favorite?

Thanks! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Not an answer but a related question - I am in the late stages of being Folicaly Challenged (I'm going bald) - how do I keep from getting funny shaped sunburn on my head from the vent holes of my helmet and still stay cool? My head sweats like crazy, so I'm thinking sunscreen will just run into my eyes and make a mess of things...

I use Banana Boat Sport UVA &UVB SPF 30 Ultra Sweatproof sunblock lotion.

Works great for me...

Originally Posted by ccallana .

Not an answer but a related question - I am in the late stages of being Folicaly Challenged (I'm going bald) - how do I keep from getting funny shaped sunburn on my head from the vent holes of my helmet and still stay cool? My head sweats like crazy, so I'm thinking sunscreen will just run into my eyes and make a mess of things...
I've really liked my Headsweats Coolmax Shorty. It keeps the sweat out of my eyes and keeps the top of my head from getting burned.

I've worn a Headsweats head band for a while, biking and taking fitness classes. It works really well for me. The shorty is the same "band" with the top added for sun protection. It's very thin too, so it will not impact the fit of your helmet.

I picked up a bright yellow "tour" version at my LBS, that I thought was pretty cool. Apparently, Headsweats makes a whole series of this stuff: http://www.headsweats.com/products/TOUR-DE-FRANCE%C2%AE-CLASSIC.html

Scott

Originally Posted by CyclinYooper .

I've really liked my Headsweats Coolmax Shorty. It keeps the sweat out of my eyes and keeps the top of my head from getting burned.

I've worn a Headsweats head band for a while, biking and taking fitness classes. It works really well for me. The shorty is the same "band" with the top added for sun protection. It's very thin too, so it will not impact the fit of your helmet.

I picked up a bright yellow "tour" version at my LBS, that I thought was pretty cool. Apparently, Headsweats makes a whole series of this stuff: http://www.headsweats.com/products/TOUR-DE-FRANCE%C2%AE-CLASSIC.html

Scott

I always wear a Headsweats under my helmet, too. They do a great job of wicking away the sweat! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

I like the original Headsweats Coolmax the best. I think the "tails" flapping in the wind behind you as you ride really aid in keeping it dry.

wear a UV protection hat that wicks moisture and the cap fits under the helmet. See Specialized website under accessories