Bought a Steel Bike today in Addition to my '08 Trek

Turbo329

Aug 7, 2009
Guys,

Just gotta say, Steel is AWESOME. Hands Down, SUPERIOR ride quality to Aluminum. It absorbs everything.

I picked up a 2010 Specialized Allez Steel (Throwback with downtube shifters). On the way home I rode some of the roughest roads and the thing soaked up EVERYTHING.

Aluminum bike accelerates faster and will likely have a higher top speed at full steam but the steel is THE long distance bike for sure. I bought it with the intention of commuting but will probably end up using it for a lot more. LOVE IT!!!!!

I will be doing a detailed review comparing the two bikes soon. My other bike is a '08 Trek 1.5 with Tiagra groupset and 2 sets of wheels. (Williams System 58 clincher and also a custom built set of Mavic CXP-33 with DT-Swiss 240 hubs)

Here are some pics.

50045_full.jpg

50046_full.jpg

50043_full.jpg

50044_full.jpg

50041_full.jpg

50042_full.jpg

Nice bike. I ride steel as my main commuter bike (Cro-molly) and it certainly does make the trip far smoother than my other aluminum commuter.

TKOS said:
Nice bike. I ride steel as my main commuter bike (Cro-molly) and it certainly does make the trip far smoother than my other aluminum commuter.

Thanks man.

It only took one ride for me to fall in love with it.