Brand New Cyclist Looking For A Starter Bike

Tuebec

Oct 29, 2015
Hey everyone.
I started being interested in cycling pretty recently, so I have a lot to learn. But I want to get started working up my stamina with a bike that I can ride mainly on paved road, but that can handle dirt too.

I'm open to suggestions as to what would be best for a beginner looking for a good all-around bike. I'm female, and poor. I know bikes can get very expensive, so what I'm looking for here isn't just a cheap bike, but one that's really worth the investment, without going into unreasonable territory too far. Could be used, could be new, but no more than $450, I think.

I also live in Kentucky, so I don't see a lot of ads for good bikes come up around my area. If you have anything to offer, I'd love to hear it. Thank you!

I live in New England but will be traveling to Indiana in the spring and could bring the bike I've included in the attachment. It has less than 20 miles on it and was purchased new at a bike shop here. Has some upgraded components compared to the version sold in some places. This is good for just the purpose you're looking for, paved roads with occasional dirt rides (this is considered a hybrid). Will sell for $375.

Attachments

• IMG_5430.JPG
    IMG_5430.JPG
    564.3 KB · Views: 12