Can't cycle at the moment!

Nije

May 1, 2011
Hi all
Don't know if we can help each other. Just searching for information for myself and came across a link. I've suffered from sever cluster migrains from the age of 14 now 55. Always been into fitness apart from when the migrains hit, can last for a month at a time For the past 3 yrs been under neurologist who has diognosed overactive brain (I only sleep about 4 hrs per night). On good drug that has helped a lot and are now under reasonable control. Good weight, good BP very fit. However last summer went on holiday abroad felt ill and collapsed unconcious rushes to hospital and in intencive care for 10 days. Heart rate dropped to 28 BPM put on atripne to keep heart rate up. Consultant wanted to fit pacemaker but insurance would not authorise. Flown back to UK. NHS next to useless so paid to see private consultant after 2 month who has said could it take a year for my own bodys pacemaker to start working again properly. I've had table tilt tests, lots of ECG's, been on running machines to near collapse, had the heart monitor fitted for 48 hours at home. I am in the middle of another episode at the moment, my heart rate never goes above 56BPM, if it does I feel ill, at the moment it is 48BPM. Prior to this my resting heart rate was always 65BPM. Please let me know it this info is of any use to you. I have not cycled since August 2010 for fear I may blackout, Dr said I can use the lay back bike in the gym, I don't think so. Bye Nije