Carbon fiber Tour Easy in Idaho

Beshara

New Member
May 12, 2003
When did Easy Racer start making these?

I was headed to Boise, ID, from my home in SLC, UT last weekend. With time to kill, I gased up in Twin Falls, and swung by the local college to say hi to a freind who works at the CSI library. Sitting at the library entrance and securly chained, sat what appeared to be a black TE clone. Closer inspection revealed that the tubes were not painted, but in fact were carbon fiber. The joints were metal - polished aluminum, or titanium. A technique mirroring the stunning Merlin Cielo (I believe that's correct model). I own a GRR, and have ridden a TiRush so I know the Easy Racer quality first hand. This bent exibited equal or better construction than my GRR. And was far better looking. Anybody know about this?

Beshara <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> When did Easy Racer start making these?
>
> I was headed to Boise, ID, from my home in SLC, UT last weekend. With time to kill, I gased up in
> Twin Falls, and swung by the local college to say hi to a freind who works at the CSI library.
> Sitting at the library entrance and securly chained, sat what appeared to be a black TE clone.
> Closer inspection revealed that the tubes were not painted, but in fact were carbon fiber. The
> joints were metal - polished aluminum, or titanium. A technique mirroring the stunning Merlin
> Cielo (I believe that's correct model). I own a GRR, and have ridden a TiRush so I know the Easy
> Racer quality first hand. This bent exibited equal or better construction than my GRR. And was far
> better looking. Anybody know about this?

Fred Markham and Calfee are working on a carbon TE style bike, but what you saw sounds different. It
might have been a one off. Pics of the Calfee bike are here:

http://www.cyberonic.net/~gdevault/stiletto.htm

johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

Good Lord, I wanna see! If by chance anyone ever see's this bike again, please leave a note on it
telling them to contact Easy Racers!

Thanks,

Gabe Easy Racers

"Beshara" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> When did Easy Racer start making these?
>
> I was headed to Boise, ID, from my home in SLC, UT last weekend. With time to kill, I gased up in
> Twin Falls, and swung by the local college to say hi to a freind who works at the CSI library.
> Sitting at the library entrance and securly chained, sat what appeared to be a black TE clone.
> Closer inspection revealed that the tubes were not painted, but in fact were carbon fiber. The
> joints were metal - polished aluminum, or titanium. A technique mirroring the stunning Merlin
> Cielo (I believe that's correct model). I own a GRR, and have ridden a TiRush so I know the Easy
> Racer quality first hand. This bent exibited equal or better construction than my GRR. And was far
> better looking. Anybody know about this?

According to BRAIN, at the recent (lightly attended!) Taipei bike show, one "would be hard pressed
to find one of the 601 exhibitors without a carbon fiber product. The sheer volume of carbon fiber
on its way in 2004 is staggering."

And here most of us are, still stuck with our humble steel-framed bikes :-(

Johnriley1 (at) rogers.com