Catching flips in the air.

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by president_luke, Aug 19, 2006.

  1. Tags:

  2. zachjowi

    zachjowi Guest

  3. monkeyman

    monkeyman Guest

    ....you flip the cranks too fast doing a crankflip?

    Oh, you poor, poor thing.

    :rolleyes: :p

    --
    monkeyman

    Alex, MR addict.

    sobriquet wrote:
    > If this joke were a sandwich it would be the wurst.

    monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

  4. juggle508

    juggle508 Guest

    You can do them either way. I usally spin them kinda slow on bigger sets
    just cause i haven't learned to catch them early that well. I think
    catching them early has way better advantages.

    KH.

    --
    juggle508

    trey varial hickflip over an 8 set ummm... You really have to try
    harder, i've done that down an 11 set. Sorry.
    -Shaun Johanneson

    -----Joshua 1:9------
    juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

  5. skate4flip

    skate4flip Guest

    I think it is much better to catch the flip early. It is much more
    controlled. If you watch skateboarders (good ones) do flip tricks off
    stuff, you will see the catch the flip trick way before they are even
    close to the ground. The really good ones even catch the flip trick
    while they are still *above* the obstacle they are jumping off of.

    Although really slow flips look kind of cool if done right.

    --
    skate4flip

    reply '23k' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25k'
    (http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29k' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
    reply '37k' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41k'
    (http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), post '47k' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y), and
    reply '61k' (http://tinyurl.com/mds6t) in most replys!!!

    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 8/17/06*
    skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

  6. pete66

    pete66 Guest

    I'm sure this has been spoken about at some point already but I'd like
    to see someone do a doubleflip where they catch it early and flip it
    again in the air... front to front, front to back, back to back, back
    to front... what would you call that? Stutterflip?

    --
    pete66

    irvinegr wrote:

    > fat kid:you look like an idiot
    > me: your fat.

    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

  7. jake_amos

    jake_amos Guest

    pete66 wrote:
    > I'm sure this has been spoken about at some point already but I'd like
    > to see someone do a doubleflip where they catch it early and flip it
    > again in the air... front to front, front to back, back to back, back
    > to front... what would you call that? Stutterflip?

    i like that idea what about switchflip or crankswitch?

    --
    jake_amos

    Jerrick wrote:
    > Wow, this is the first time I have worn pants in about 4 months, it
    > feels so weird.

    i am the eggman
    i_love_twins546@hotmail.com add me
    www.jakespants.blogspot.com
    jake_amos's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11587

  8. swarbrim

    swarbrim Guest

    president_luke wrote:
    > I just learnt to catch my flips. It makes it so much easier and it looks
    > cooler. :) Now i can start working on a "flip late rev"

    Is it much harder? I have trouble with normals after I do a few
    doubles. I flip them to fast after a while. Good luck with the rev
    flips :)

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    Add me at mike41ishere@hotmail.com

    'i like things big' - Amanda

    'ive got a pen in my ear, it feels funny' - Dustin Schaap
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

  9. unifreak7

    unifreak7 Guest

    hahaha This is rad. Finally people talking about two tricks in one jump.
    that's rad. awesome

    Stutterflip, wow pete66, I really like that idea, damn. Like crankflip
    latecrankflip, shorted to flip/stutterflip.

    Crankflip kickbackcrankflip, maybe like, flip underflip, that's
    skateboarding too, so i don't know.

    I really like stutterflip though, no sarcasim.

    -Shaun Johanneson

    p.s. It's really hard, hahaha.

    --
    unifreak7

    Trying my best to impress. It seems that some people think that flips
    are becoming "trick spam". I just think it's a way to make old school
    easy street harder.
    unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

  10. unifreak7

    unifreak7 Guest

    one more thing. Catching them late makes sets so easy. I went from doing
    a 5 set, but never wanting to do it again, learned how to catch it
    early then hit an 8 set just days later. Earlier is way better.

    -Shaun Johanneson