Catching flips in the air.

....you flip the cranks too fast doing a crankflip?

Oh, you poor, poor thing.

:rolleyes: :p

--
monkeyman

Alex, MR addict.

sobriquet wrote:
> If this joke were a sandwich it would be the wurst.

monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

You can do them either way. I usally spin them kinda slow on bigger sets
just cause i haven't learned to catch them early that well. I think
catching them early has way better advantages.

KH.

--
juggle508

trey varial hickflip over an 8 set ummm... You really have to try
harder, i've done that down an 11 set. Sorry.
-Shaun Johanneson

-----Joshua 1:9------
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

I think it is much better to catch the flip early. It is much more
controlled. If you watch skateboarders (good ones) do flip tricks off
stuff, you will see the catch the flip trick way before they are even
close to the ground. The really good ones even catch the flip trick
while they are still *above* the obstacle they are jumping off of.

Although really slow flips look kind of cool if done right.

--
skate4flip

reply '23k' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25k'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29k' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37k' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41k'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), post '47k' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y), and
reply '61k' (http://tinyurl.com/mds6t) in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 8/17/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

I'm sure this has been spoken about at some point already but I'd like
to see someone do a doubleflip where they catch it early and flip it
again in the air... front to front, front to back, back to back, back
to front... what would you call that? Stutterflip?

--
pete66

pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

pete66 wrote:
> I'm sure this has been spoken about at some point already but I'd like
> to see someone do a doubleflip where they catch it early and flip it
> again in the air... front to front, front to back, back to back, back
> to front... what would you call that? Stutterflip?

i like that idea what about switchflip or crankswitch?

--
jake_amos

Jerrick wrote:
> Wow, this is the first time I have worn pants in about 4 months, it
> feels so weird.

i am the eggman
[email protected] add me
www.jakespants.blogspot.com
jake_amos's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11587

president_luke wrote:
> I just learnt to catch my flips. It makes it so much easier and it looks
> cooler. :) Now i can start working on a "flip late rev"

Is it much harder? I have trouble with normals after I do a few
doubles. I flip them to fast after a while. Good luck with the rev
flips :)

Mike

--
swarbrim

Add me at [email protected]

'i like things big' - Amanda

'ive got a pen in my ear, it feels funny' - Dustin Schaap
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

hahaha This is rad. Finally people talking about two tricks in one jump.
that's rad. awesome

Stutterflip, wow pete66, I really like that idea, damn. Like crankflip
latecrankflip, shorted to flip/stutterflip.

Crankflip kickbackcrankflip, maybe like, flip underflip, that's
skateboarding too, so i don't know.

I really like stutterflip though, no sarcasim.

-Shaun Johanneson

p.s. It's really hard, hahaha.

--
unifreak7

Trying my best to impress. It seems that some people think that flips
are becoming "trick spam". I just think it's a way to make old school
easy street harder.
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

one more thing. Catching them late makes sets so easy. I went from doing
a 5 set, but never wanting to do it again, learned how to catch it
early then hit an 8 set just days later. Earlier is way better.

-Shaun Johanneson