Cellulose Flour?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by johnr999@aol.com, May 14, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I am new to this group, so please bear with me. Does anyone know
    where I can find a vendor of cellulose flour, also known as fiber
    flour? Any or all leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    JR

    Tags:

  2. Ken Knecht

    Ken Knecht Guest

    johnr999@aol.com wrote in news:1179159399.893446.327030
    @q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am new to this group, so please bear with me. Does anyone know
    > where I can find a vendor of cellulose flour, also known as fiber
    > flour? Any or all leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > JR

    Google turned up

    www.essen-nutrition.com/order.htm

    I didn't look at it or search further.

    The product sounds interesting - I'm a high fiber fan - let us know.

    --
    Untie the two knots to email me

    Every silver lining has a cloud.

  3. On May 14, 12:26 pm, Ken Knecht <kenkk...@deruknot.com> wrote:
    > johnr...@aol.com wrote in news:1179159399.893446.327030
    > @q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I am new to this group, so please bear with me. Does anyone know
    > > where I can find a vendor of cellulose flour, also known as fiber
    > > flour? Any or all leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    > > JR

    > Google turned up
    >
    > www.essen-nutrition.com/order.htm
    >
    > I didn't look at it or search further.
    >
    > The product sounds interesting - I'm a high fiber fan - let us know.

    Thanks for your fast reply. Unfortunately, I found that site earlier
    this morning and called and they no longerr carry it. Spoke to the
    plant manager, in fact, and she had never even heard of the product.
    I spoke with a flour milling company and they recommended ConAgra or
    ADM, but I went to their websites and did not see such a product
    listed. I will keep digging and let you know if I find anything.
    Thanks again.

  4. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    johnr999@aol.com wrote:
    > On May 14, 12:26 pm, Ken Knecht <kenkk...@deruknot.com> wrote:
    >> johnr...@aol.com wrote in news:1179159399.893446.327030
    >> @q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I am new to this group, so please bear with me. Does anyone know
    >>> where I can find a vendor of cellulose flour, also known as fiber
    >>> flour? Any or all leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    >>> JR

    >> Google turned up
    >>
    >> www.essen-nutrition.com/order.htm
    >>
    >> I didn't look at it or search further.
    >>
    >> The product sounds interesting - I'm a high fiber fan - let us know.
    >>

    > Thanks for your fast reply. Unfortunately, I found that site earlier
    > this morning and called and they no longerr carry it. Spoke to the
    > plant manager, in fact, and she had never even heard of the product.
    > I spoke with a flour milling company and they recommended ConAgra or
    > ADM, but I went to their websites and did not see such a product
    > listed. I will keep digging and let you know if I find anything.
    > Thanks again.

    How about grinding your own using sawdust and a food processor or Corona
    grain mill?

    Bob

  5. > How about grinding your own using sawdust and a food processor or Corona
    > grain mill?

    LOL, it does have that cachet, doesn't it? As I have been researching
    this food product, it has been a bit disturbing to keep running into
    wood construction companies who also use ground/milled cellulose in
    their fake wood products. Of course, the food grade cellulose flour
    seems to be made from food quality vegetables, for the most part.

  6. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    johnr999@aol.com wrote:

    > I am new to this group, so please bear with me. Does anyone know
    > where I can find a vendor of cellulose flour, also known as fiber
    > flour? Any or all leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Is this the same thing as microcrystalline cellulose?
    That's the filler used in most vitamin tablets.
    It's also got lots of food uses.

  7. On May 14, 3:18 pm, Mark Thorson <nos...@sonic.net> wrote:
    > johnr...@aol.com wrote:
    >
    > > I am new to this group, so please bear with me. Does anyone know
    > > where I can find a vendor of cellulose flour, also known as fiber
    > > flour? Any or all leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    > Is this the same thing as microcrystalline cellulose?
    > That's the filler used in most vitamin tablets.
    > It's also got lots of food uses.

    Yes, that is what I am looking for. Thanks for any help with this.

    JR

  8. Steve Pope

    Steve Pope Guest

    johnr999@aol.com <johnr999@aol.com> wrote:

    >On May 14, 3:18 pm, Mark Thorson <nos...@sonic.net> wrote:

    >> Is this the same thing as microcrystalline cellulose?
    >> That's the filler used in most vitamin tablets.
    >> It's also got lots of food uses.

    >Yes, that is what I am looking for. Thanks for any help with this.

    http://products.ec21.com/manufacturers/microcrystalline_cellulose.html

    lists about five suppliers. None retail though.

    Steve

  9. Kswck

    Kswck Guest

    <johnr999@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am new to this group, so please bear with me. Does anyone know
    > where I can find a vendor of cellulose flour, also known as fiber
    > flour? Any or all leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > JR

    Since Sysco supplies many restaurants, how about trying them?

    http://www.sysco.com/

Share This Page