Chain Ring Bash Guard for Burley Canto

joatmsa

Jan 20, 2008
Hi All,

I have a Burley Canto, and would like to get a bash guard/chain ring protector for it, both to protect the bike and whatever/whomever it runs into. I have done some looking around, but can't figure out a good solution. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

joatmsa said:
Hi All,

I have a Burley Canto, and would like to get a bash guard/chain ring protector for it, both to protect the bike and whatever/whomever it runs into. I have done some looking around, but can't figure out a good solution. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Mike
Try this link. They are pretty good.

http://www.purelycustom.com/

joatmsa said:
What is the size of your large chainring?

If your large chainring is larger than 53t (or, if you don't want to pony up for the one which purelycustom.com sells), then you can certainly fabricate your own by removing/rounding the teeth from a LARGER chainring which has the same BCD or by using some hardwood veneered plywood (veneered plywood has more plies) to fabricate the guard.

You could probably attach a 'nerf' bar on the BB as another alternative.