Cheap Tents (UK)

Discussion in 'Touring and recreational cycling' started by Batesy, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Batesy

Batesy New Member

If anybody is thinnking of giving touring a go this summer, or is perhaps going on one of the Sustrans Celebration rides or summer workcamps, and they don't usually camp, or don't own a tent then Asda may be a good place to nip into...

They are selling 2-man tents for £9.98 that pack pretty small and are quite light (lighter and smaller than mine). Probably not great quality (won't hold out in a gale up a mountain) but for the occasional tourer/camper that doesn't want to break the bank on something that will most likely sit in the attic 360 days in the year then its worth a gamble.

Ten quid, can't go wrong really.

Tags:

2. bryan s

bryan s New Member

ok - but take some mosquito repellent! The problem with cheap cheap tents is rain and mosquitos, and at least you can do someting about insects with a DEET based repellent. (Boots) good luck

3. Batesy

Batesy New Member

I've never really experienced many problems with mozzies whilst camping in the UK. They only seem to come near me when I'm playing Rugby (pitch is next to a small patch of wetland) I've already got a fairly decent tent, but I think the cheap ones would be good for a one-off trip.