Christophe Brandt's career's over

Dead Star

Jul 6, 2004
In today's Schaal Sels, Christophe Brandt was part of a massive crash. Not only did he fracture his arm, but he was also vomiting blood and was immediately taken to a nearby hospital. Doctors found he had suffered a ruptured spleen and a damaged main artery near his kidney, meaning that one kidney had to be removed. He also broke 4 ribs, including one which pierced his lung. Brandt will be kept in an artificial coma until the end of the week.

:(

Dead Star said:
In today's Schaal Sels, Christophe Brandt was part of a massive crash. Not only did he fracture his arm, but he was also vomiting blood and was immediately taken to a nearby hospital. Doctors found he had suffered a ruptured spleen and a damaged main artery near his kidney, meaning that one kidney had to be removed. He also broke 4 ribs, including one which pierced his lung. Brandt will be kept in an artificial coma until the end of the week.

That's a very hard crash byt the sound of things DS.

Thanks for this - I wasn;t aware that he'd crashed.
Hope he makes a full recovery.
Classy rider, he was too.

Dead Star said:

Wow, the injuries sound like what happened to my sister in law. The difference is, she was T-Boned by a Wal-Mart delivery truck while driving through an intersection.

My guess is, he will try to regain his form and give a "return" his best effort but with only one kidney, that will be very difficult if not impossible.

lw

lwedge said:
Wow, the injuries sound like what happened to my sister in law. The difference is, she was T-Boned by a Wal-Mart delivery truck while driving through an intersection.

My guess is, he will try to regain his form and give a "return" his best effort but with only one kidney, that will be very difficult if not impossible.

lw
....and write a book about it ? Its not about the kidney.... he may go on to win 7 Tours now.....

whiteboytrash said:
....and write a book about it ? Its not about the kidney.... he may go on to win 7 Tours now.....

He doesn't have the pedigree. Plus I never bought that excuse about traces of methodone on his legal supplements business after he was busted... I can't believe they cleared him.

Sorry Christophe if you're reading this... just a little satire, nothing personal... get well soon.