cleaner or not?

ambal

Oct 15, 2010
How do you think things are looking now?

I'm expecting a few more surprises from the giro. The new EPO test looks promising.

I think things are cleaner, especially within the new generation of riders. Certainly improving tests and coming with new ones is important to keep a sharp edge on enforcement. That riders are getting caught shows that testing is working.

I think things are a bit cleaner now that there are new tests. It seems as if methods of doping/cheating are developing slower than new tests, so for now I think these newer riders are cleaner. Who knows how long that will last, though.

After watching Landa sit on Contadors wheel on the Mortirolo, looking like he was just stretching his legs and breathing easily it makes one wonder what's in his morning orange juice.

He's not the skinniest of guys but he climbs better that anyone on the Giro with no apparent effort. Two consecutive "easy" looking mountain top wins.

Just the same but they are getting smarter at doping, For anybody to think its clean, have to open there eyes. All you have to look at is grand tours and think 21 days riding at that pace and riding up ridiculous mountains. People need to stop believing in the super human.

Look at contrador in the the vuelta. He breaks his tibia in france and 6 weeks after his op hes destroying everyone. Also the giro, dislocated shoulder? thats 2 weeks in a sling. I reckon he was bluffing to get a script for some 'help'

There times are just as quick and some years quicker than armstrongs era.

The passport only stops them from staying jacked all the time.They have to micro dose epo now.

With the whole idea of doping becoming less and less socially acceptable, I would like to believe that things are going to be more clean. However, where there is a will, there is a way, and with the increase of ways to detect doping, more methods of doping will be found and created. This happens in almost any sport these days it seems.

We must remain confident with our performance. Why give us and yet we can try again. Doping can have later effects that can be detrimental to the body. We should remain focused and never give up whenever we are defeated.

I think a lot of work is needed on the sport were drugs are concerned, and while I do think progress is being made, there's still a lot more that needs doing.

For a sport like cycling that was probably the worst affected when it comes to doping, it was always going to be a long, hard process of recovery, and while I think it can recover, I'm still not sure if it will ever get back to a fully trusting audience.

pwarbi said:
For a sport like cycling that was probably the worst affected when it comes to doping, it was always going to be a long, hard process of recovery, and while I think it can recover, I'm still not sure if it will ever get back to a fully trusting audience.
Cycling is the worst affected when it comes to public perception and what's reported because of the volume of testing but as far as athletes go, I wouldn't be surprised if other sports like running or swimming had a bigger doping problem hidden due to not being their athletes not being tested as often.

Blood doping starting in the late 60's and early 70's with runners, yet we've never had a Festina Affair or Lance-esque fallout from the sport that started it all... The money isn't there in running - you don't get half a million people watching Usain Bolt live like you would when Lance crushed souls on Alpe d'Huez. While Mr Bolt may be well off, drop 4 places down to 5th and the guy is working a second job and receiving grants to make ends meet. The guy that finishes 5th in the Tour (this year it was Contador) he's making big $'s.

We must remain confident with our performance. Why give us and yet we can try again. Doping can have later effects that can be detrimental to the body. We should remain focused and never give up whenever we are defeated.
Things are not yet fine yet. Cyclists are adopting doping methods that nobody has ever thought of. Only few get caught but most of them may never be caught. Doping is becoming more and more complex.