Converting to a vegetarian lifestyle

As humans we do need some meat but dairy isn't important. The problem is as a society we made meat the most important part of a meal & cut back on the veggies. I know for a lot of us we grew up eating corn & green beans as veggies (even though neither are veggies) instead of real veggies. The next problem is unless you're buying top shelf meat you're getting stuff that is harmful to your body, more harmful than going vegan. Cutting back on meat doesn't mean just eating fruits & veggies. Beans are a great source of protein & will also fill the belly. 90 % of fast food & restaurants serve food that shouldn't be eaten. Cooking with ANY oil is a bad thing also. When oil gets heated it becomes oxidized & that is bad for the arteries. Anyway, to the OP, you're on the right track. If you choose to become vegetarian/vegan then good luck but I would definitely recommend eating more like a vegan. For me it's a vegan lifestyle with some good quality meat but not as much as I used to eat. No pork & no dairy. It is definitely a challenge to change life long habits but it's not impossible.

As humans we do need some meat but dairy isn't important.

So true, which is why we're positioned at the top of the food chain. Natural meats and fats are optimal for our survival as long as they're cooked and handled hygienically or processed and preserved with care. I have suffered from ailments like grain brain, wheat belly and glutton intolerance. It's all because of carbs and lack of meats and fats. Big broccoli and corrupt cauliflower have a case to answer.

Anyway your right, eat ya veggies ;)

So true, which is why we're positioned at the top of the food chain. Natural meats and fats are optimal for our survival as long as they're cooked and handled hygienically or processed and preserved with care. I have suffered from ailments like grain brain, wheat belly and glutton intolerance. It's all because of carbs and lack of meats and fats. Big broccoli and corrupt cauliflower have a case to answer.

Anyway your right, eat ya veggies ;)
Hmm... I wonder how they were handled & preserved 200 years ago?

I'm a carnivore, my family loves meat and it runs in my genes, I always try to get a balance diet by eating different nuts, fresh fruits and vegetables. A vegetarian diet would never work for me though. But I do have friends who are vegetarians and they are fitter than me, they're leaner but when it comes to endurance, were the same, I don't really know why but all my vegetarian friends are more serious and uptight. No offense though I'm just saying what I've observed. But it works for them so to each it's own.

That's good for you, It's really hard to maintain that diet, just full vegetables. Sometimes I wonder if that person under that diet program really follow the program and just eat vegetables only, or they are just trying to make something to talk to and just need the attention.

There's nothing wrong with being vegetarian but you have to supplement yourself with nutrients that can only be found in meat. It's also quite hard going for the full transition if you are used to eating meat, so if there is one meat product you can't resist, you don't have to force yourself to go full vegan (unless if it's out of principle).

I tried a vegan lifestyle for quite some time, but I found that it wasn't sustainable in my current environment. It's easier in places like the United States where meat alternatives and protein supplements are readily available, but I moved to a country where those things either haven't made it here yet or are incredibly overpriced (import tariffs and all that).

I've been mostly vegetarian and found that it has been working well for me. I still eat eggs and yogurt, and only consume meat once a week. The key is to simply calculate the amount of calories, protein, and vitamins you're getting from your food, and making sure you're not going under the required amount.

Foods like rice and beans are a staple of mine, because the combination essentially provides the same kinds of amino acids and proteins that you would get from eating meat. The one thing you have to keep in mind is that Vitamin B12 only occurs naturally in animal products. If you're completely avoiding meat and dairy, then you're going to have to either take B12 supplements or eat foods fortified with it.