Critical Mass Melbourne this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deep Floyd Mars

Is that right? The 25th? Anyone know where it's going?

Is there an actual CM website that gets updated? All I can ever find is dead end links.

Cheers anyway!
---
DFM

Yup, CM is on again this Friday 25/7. Meet State Library, 5.30pm. No doubt it will be a
little lower-key than last month... probably not any live crosses to the TV news this time :)
But who knows?...

Where are we going? That depends on what route the Mass votes to take. I know of one person who's
doing a map which may (or may not) take us out Richmond way... but if anyone else (including
yourself DFM) wants to engage in a bit of creative xerocracy, then go right ahead. If there are 2 or
more "competing" maps on the night, then us Massers get to put up our paws in support of the
favoured route. It's a totally democratic system... two wheels = one vote... unless of course you're
on a board or blades, in which case it's two legs = one vote. All it takes to make a map is a
Melways, a texta & a photocopier. They don't have to be grandiose numbers like some of the recent
cartographic efforts.

The CM-Oz website is www.criticalmass.org.au, but I think that all of the Melbourne links have died
of old age. They're ex-parrots. Again, I know of someone who is thinking of doing a cm-melb
website... but since one person (or even a group of people) can't pretend to speak for the whole
Mass, any web pages will by definition be "unofficial". They're always going to be beautiful in the
eyes of their creator, but will only reflect their creator's thinking. There's room for lotsa
cm-melb webpages, if people are motivated to produce their own take on this amazing social
phenomenon. But mind you, after the tunnel ride we probably do need a "public face" of some sort, at
least to set the media kinda straight about what CM is all about.

See you Friday :)

--DS

> From: "Deep Floyd Mars" <[email protected]> Organization: Pacific Internet
> (Australia) Newsgroups: aus.bicycle Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:48:12 +1000 Subject: Critical Mass
> Melbourne this Friday
>
> Is that right? The 25th? Anyone know where it's going?
>
> Is there an actual CM website that gets updated? All I can ever find is dead end links.
>
> Cheers anyway!
> ---
> DFM

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:46:37 GMT, David Sutton <[email protected]> wrote:

>The CM-Oz website is www.criticalmass.org.au, but I think that all of the Melbourne links have died
>of old age. They're ex-parrots. Again, I know of someone who is thinking of doing a cm-melb
>website... but since one person (or even a group of people) can't pretend to speak for the whole
>Mass, any web pages will by definition be "unofficial".

That's where the cm-melb yahoo group comes in.. It's not any more or less official than any of the
websites, but at least it's current and plenty of different massers contribute..

PC

Who cares? Or are you planning on taking out the fourbie with the greased bullbar?

"Deep Floyd Mars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Is that right? The 25th? Anyone know where it's going?
>
> Is there an actual CM website that gets updated? All I can ever find is
dead
> end links.
>
> Cheers anyway!
> ---
> DFM

Status
Not open for further replies.