Croce D'Aune pedal front plates

Tnark

Sep 27, 2009
I'm after a pair of front plates for a set of Croce D'Aune pedals, good condition. ... Or even a quality closeup photo so I can get some machined

Can you post a picture of YOUR pedals?

Why do you want to use them in favor of a different set?

I'm referring to the screw on plate at the front of the pedal, where the toe-clip also screws on. On this pedal, this plate is a removable part. Refer to the photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21478488@N08/3745995557/lightbox/

Reason - bought a new set that was missing the plate.

FYI. A secondary front plate which was often (but, not always) included with TOE CLIPS mounts behind ([COLOR= #ff8c00]inside[/COLOR]) the pedal's cage & merely ([COLOR= #ff0000]¿?[/COLOR]) has the function of bolstering the cage ...

It can be considered to be optional, IMO ...

• the nuts which came with the bolts which Campagnolo used to include with their toe clips had the equivalent of an attached[COLOR= #808080] [stationary][/COLOR] "washer" ([COLOR= #808080]there must be an actual name for that type of nut[/COLOR]) ... so, you can EITHER use suitably sized washers ...
  • OR, you can cut the plate from any piece of metal ([COLOR= #808080]e.g., tin can lid[/COLOR]) that you want to use
BTW. The mounting holes in the cages of many Campy-Copy pedals were often threaded ([COLOR= #0000ff]4mm[/COLOR]), and the nut-and-washer were merely used to prevent the bolts from backing out.

With this particular pedal there is no front cage at all - this screw on plate forms the front cage and screws onto the front of the pedal, refer to the picture I attached to the last posting. It's not a secondary thing, without it there is not proper support at the front of the foot.

FWIW. I did look at the picture, before ...

AND, I'm looking at it, now ...

IF you actually have the pedals AND you are talking about the trapezoidal[COLOR= #ff0000] front plate [/COLOR]of the cage onto which is shown (above) bolted onto the pedal , then I don't know why you can't just use the picture to recreate the plate IF you have the capability of having it "machined" it BECAUSE you don't need to have taken a rudimentary drafting class at some point in your past to gauge the dimensions of the pictured plates ...

• its FLAT ...
  • it is the same thickness "stock" as the rear plate ...
  • the height of the plate is established by the pedal ...
  • the width of the plate can be established by the rear cage plate ...
  • and, the 'mounting' holes are where they are ...
  • you can MAKE A TEMPLATE from a plastic laundry jug, or equivalent

IF you use the plastic template for a few rides, then you can determine how little weight the front plate is actually carrying ...

Regardless, if cosmetics are not an issue, then you can use ANY material that you want.

If, by chance, you are referring to something other than the trapezoidal front plate,[COLOR= #008000] then point it out with an arrow.[/COLOR]

are you still looking for the pedals? Or already got them?

I have a pair of new ones here.
Campagnolo Record version