Cruiser bike frame material?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by John Standard, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. Does the frame material matter for this type of bike ; the choice is between steel and aluminum. I
    will be riding in NYC.

    Tags:

  2. Kurd

    Kurd Guest

    Steel rusts, aluminum does not. IMHO steel looks cooler with the narrow tubing than fat
    tubed aluminum.

    Thats all I can think of.

    -kurd

    "John Standard" <johnstandard@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Does the frame material matter for this type of bike ; the choice is between steel and aluminum. I
    > will be riding in NYC.

  3. DiabloScott

    DiabloScott Active Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Messages:
    2,284
    Aluminum will also dent easier which may be a consideration if you're locking it up to sign poles and parking meters.

  4. If you leave it outside, aluminum won't rust.

    If you have to carry it upstairs, aluminum is slightly lighter.

    Steel is usually cheaper.

    Hope this helps.

    Lewis.

    johnstandard@yahoo.com (John Standard) wrote in message
    > Does the frame material matter for this type of bike ; the choice is between steel and aluminum. I
    > will be riding in NYC.

Share This Page