Cycleops Fluid 2 or Tacx Satori

Kestrel12

Feb 4, 2006
Just wanting to get some feedback or suggestions on which of these two trainers will suit my needs. (I have read the threads on indoor trainers)

I have been riding on rollers for a while and as a result I have developed a really smooth pedal stroke. The only problem is that I cant do power workouts as there just isnt enough resistance.

I am looking to get an indoor trainer (turbo trainer) and have narrowed my options down to the Cycleops Fluid 2 and the Tacx Satori. (Kinetic is too expensive for my budget).

I will be using the trainer for LT and other intervals. My profile is sprinter/time triallist and I can generally put out between 1000 and 1200 watts in a full blown sprint.

So basically I am after a trainer that can handle my power requirements and is relatively quite (don't want to wake the baby). Considering I have absolutely no experience with indoor trainers I am just looking for some advice about whether either of these trainers meet my requirements, or are there better options at a similar price?

Thanks

Don't know about the Cycleops but I have and use the Satori, which is quite beefy and will handle your power workouts no problemo.

Thanks Pete, whats the noise level like on the Satori?

Powerful Pete said:
Don't know about the Cycleops but I have and use the Satori, which is quite beefy and will handle your power workouts no problemo.

Not excessive. But then again, it is not silent. :eek: Although I must tell you that I pedal outside in the garden. Try it out in a store and decide whether it is too loud for you.