Cycling Access Milngavie Reservoir

At least one entrance to Mugdock Reservoir Milngavie still has a sign
saying No Cycling. I was under the impression that the Land Reform
(Scotland) Act 2003 superceded any bylaws like this and basically
allowed cycling anywhere it was legal to walk.
For anyone not familiar with the area the reservoir paths are
widely used by walkers.
I don't normally cycle there but was out on the tandem today with a
novice cyclist so the traffic free enviroment was useful. One old bat
shouted "NO CYCLING" as we (slowly) passed her. I ignored her other
than to say the signs no longer applied.
Can anyone confirm whether my interpretation is correct before I
write to Scottish Water to try and get the signs removed

Iain

[email protected] wrote:
> At least one entrance to Mugdock Reservoir Milngavie still has a sign
> saying No Cycling. I was under the impression that the Land Reform
> (Scotland) Act 2003 superceded any bylaws like this and basically
> allowed cycling anywhere it was legal to walk.
> For anyone not familiar with the area the reservoir paths are
> widely used by walkers.
> I don't normally cycle there but was out on the tandem today with a
> novice cyclist so the traffic free enviroment was useful. One old bat
> shouted "NO CYCLING" as we (slowly) passed her. I ignored her other
> than to say the signs no longer applied.
> Can anyone confirm whether my interpretation is correct before I
> write to Scottish Water to try and get the signs removed
>
> Iain

Yes I believe you're right. Please would you write to your local access
person. You should find the right person on this link

http://www.outdooraccess-scotland.com/default.asp?PageRef=1.2.

Describe the situation and they should act on it.

[email protected] wrote:
> bob watkinson wrote:
>
>> Yes I believe you're right. Please would you write to your local access
>> person. You should find the right person on this link
>>
>> http://www.outdooraccess-scotland.com/default.asp?PageRef=1.2.
>>
>> Describe the situation and they should act on it.

> Thanks. I'll have a quick scoot round to check if the other entrances
> are still displaying signs then send the access officer and e-mail.
> Iain

Iain,

As Bob says, write to Mark Brand the
East Dunbartonshire Access Officer.
I think he is already aware of the
situation, but more people raising it
can only help.
His address can be found on the site above.
Can you also copy your e-mail to me (dave_at_robertson74dotfsnetdotcodotuk)
and I'll make sure it is raised at
the next local access forum meeting.

Dave

Dave
I will copy my e-mail to you. Might be next week before I get
round to checking the other entrances.
I feel it is quite important these signs are removed and possibly
followed up with a letter in the local paper to make sure locals are
aware of the correct access situation.
The old bats manner was quite aggressive. It was water of a
ducks back to me, but quite disturbing to my stoker. People like her
could be quite off putting to some people.
Iain