cycling in cold weather

I'm not a fan of riding in winter. I tried few times but it just feels so uncomfortable as you need layers of clothes and the wind is in your face etc. It's my hands that get cold the most and I don't like wearing a warm gloves while riding.

I am actually a type of person that prefers doing sport activities when the weather is cold or at least mild. There are numerous reasons, the first one being that I sweat much less and the second one being that there is fewer people on the track doing sports, also fewer pedestrians, so I have more freedom choosing where to cycle and there is less noise. Also, cycling in winter helps me warm myself up for the rest of the day.

I used to ride to work while it was still cold outside.

I always wore nice warm gloves and thick tights under my trousers. Of course commuting to work in 30 minutes or less is no the same thing as taking a trip or exercising in harsh weather, but under my circumstances I did not mind it.

I don't think you should stop cycling just because you get common cold each time you ride. You can try wearing the heavy cloths to prevent the common cold. I think there is a problem with the quality of the clothes you wear. It's not wise to not ride in winter just carrying this fear. You should check out the high-quality clothes. You can buy them from the local stores or from the online stores. I would recommend you the online stores because they offer a wide variety of clothes.

A great perk of riding in cold weather is that you workout more. Since When out in the cold our natural tendency is to start moving to increase body heat. This results in dramatically increased calorie burn. Your body’s basal metabolic rate (the amount of calories you burn doing nothing) slightly increases when in the cold. And when you start to shiver the calorie burn increases. In warmer weather, we tend to move less because there is just no direct visceral reward for moving. In cold weather, we get immediate relief from the cold when we move due to the heat it produces. Though not directly, being out in the cold ultimately leads to more caloric expenditure

Well it is times like these when I am reminded of how much I actually prefer riding in the cold weather. It is crazy hot here, and we have to humidity to go along with it, and it is pretty miserable trying to get a good ride in. It is doable, but it is exhausting, which is fine but it does take a little fun out of it. I cannot wait until the weather starts to cool down and then take me straight into the winter.

It's cool to heat up. When it's really cold I just go with warm but flexible clothes and start riding way faster than usually in order to heat up fast. The problem is the wind, when it's too cold it's a problem, specially for my eyes.

I agree with many of the guys here. I agree with the fact that riding the bike in cold weather is more enjoyable than the hot weather. It gives me the chills. To prevent the cold, you need to wear the jacket. You can also buy the expensive and high-quality jackets.

I agree with many of the guys here. I agree with the fact that riding the bike in cold weather is more enjoyable than the hot weather. It gives me the chills. To prevent the cold, you need to wear the jacket. You can also buy the expensive and high-quality jackets.
Your language is not very precise and difficult to respond to as a result. To prevent being cold wearing a jacket or coat is obvious and probably doesn't need mention. To prevent getting a cold, a jacket or coat has nothing to do with it. The idea that the common cold is caused by exposure to cold temperatures is a myth.

Never been experience that, I'm living in the tropical country, and the temperature here is just normal and sometimes really hot even at night. But I think I will enjoy that, biking at cold weather.

Depends on how much cold and weather conditions we are talking about. Is not the same cycling on rainy weather, than snowy one. Usually, the worst part of it, tends to be the heavy windy one, that feels like a continuous hitting in your face, or the wet slippery one, that makes you feel unstable the whole ride. Wear proper clothes, take care of your bike before and after riding, and never stop hydrating yourself.

It's cool to heat up. When it's really cold I just go with warm but flexible clothes and start riding way faster than usually in order to heat up fast. The problem is the wind pinoy tv here, when it's too cold it's a problem, specially for my eyes.

thermal underwear helps me very well, but in winter I often do not go out because it sometimes chills to the bone

Thanks for the tip Duckwah! I will look for one and I agree with staying home if it's cold, but you have to try to make an effort even if you ride for 5 minutes and then come back home.

If you bike you can't wear heavy clothing. You could wear a jacket with gortex that you could unzip a little as you got hot and zip up but you could adjust it. As for your legs one pair of long johns should be sufficient