Cycling while on period

There are types that will actually help you. I know for my woman, if she went out cycling she would wear a pad and not a tampon, in fact, she doesn't wear a tampon at all. I think you should get one of those really comfortable good quality pads that you won't feel them much but will help you.

The best thing to do is not cycle on the first two days and then continue with their lives. It is really uncomfortable on the first two days. Then on, it can be quite okay.
I would recommend you to consult a doctor for these questions. A doctor would be able to give the most accurate answer.

Oh wow, the timing of that is really awful. Honestly, I hate doing any physical activity when I have my period. But that's just because it is hard to begin. Once you get into it, it becomes easier. I think you can do it! I would just suggest packing extra ibuprofen with some crackers and water in case you need to take some along the way. But I totally think it is doable. Good luck!

I wear tampons and never have an issue. I've never been comfortable in pads anyway, so this may just be a biased opinion. I honestly don't see anything wrong either though. I remember when I was younger and only wore pads I would still ride bikes all over the place. I would just avoid the first few days because I was worried about accidents.

I would totally recommend you to purchase and try out those so called "period panties".

They are made from a heavy absorbent cotton and you can use them instead of a pad, or just as a safe barrier between the world and your period :)

Honestly, I try to avoid riding my bike whenever I'm on my period. But if there are times that it's inevitable, I'd use an overnight pad just so I can feel secured. Yes, it can be thick and uncomfortable but I'd rather have that than have any leaks. As far as clothing goes, I just wear thicker shorts or jogging pants. Leggings are great as well, make sure they're on the thicker side. Anything black is advisable so in case of any leaks, it won't be as noticeable.

Overall, you can go ahead and ride during your period. It's actually a great exercise to relieve cramps, if you get them. Just make sure to bring an extra pad and underwear with you. I hate tampons as well so I don't recommend them. Once your period lighten, you can use the thinner pads to make sure that you're still protected.

Right now, I'm on contraceptive injection though so I rarely get my period. And even if I do, it's very light and doesn't need pads. You can have that option as well although it's not really required.

I hope this helps!

Instead of pads, use menstrual cups. They neither tear apart nor leak even during heavy periods and can be worn for a longer time. I am a sports person and used to wear tampons while cycling, but they were uncomfortable as they were needed to change frequently. Now I use menstrual cups, which was recommended by my neighbour and have no problem in cycling now. There are many cups available in the market. You can try out these one if you are buying it for first time.

Well, I've been using pads almost my whole life. My mom was kind of tampon enemy, so she never really explained to me that option, and I had to learn about it at school. So, I decided to defend myself by wearing pads in the most comfy way. I search for the longest pad, the thinnest one, and with wings added. If I'm doing a sport, then I go with sec-net cover, otherwise I go for soft cover pads. Wear a panty with wide bridge, so you can have a wider grabbing space. Use dark color underwear and shorts. Put a plastic cover on your saddle, like the one you use for rainy seasons. And keep cycling, don't let period stop you.

i think that would be a good idea but it still depends on individual preferences. For me, I would go do cycling using sanitary pads in order to diminish the feeling of lethargy during my periods. I would also suggest it to others however just like what I said earlier it depends.

I have seen this discussion so many times but I try not to comment. Oh well, maybe it's time to pitch in my share. I have a bad mood when I have the period that's why it's not good for me to ride because it will not be pleasant. Take note that my biking is more for the enjoyment and the physical exercise is just secondary. So if I don't feel good, I really don't go out even if I have an appointment with other riders in our village. It's better to stay home and let the discomfort pass away.

I suggest that you should use overnight pads because they are longer and they could protect you from back leaks. Choose the brand that makes you comfortable the most. You could also wear cyclings and then shorts so that you don't have to worry about messing up its place down there. Just make sure to never wear too tight underwear so you could avoid rubbing it onto your skin. Also change it everytime you have a chance to use a comfort room.