Dawes USA bicycles - Review

could find no 1800 number or tele number at bikes direct or sporty mama just email or fax.other bicycle co's have tele number for customere service.quite better to talk to someone on the tele to get a mess like this sorted.lesson learned if company has no tele number probably best to look elsewere, sometimes a quite good price is just not enough if the bicycle brand or online bicycle co has no customere service department or anyone to stand behind the product. Regards

and you are right... my dawes was so dissapointing.......it broke...rusted....and just made cheap........
ill tell you thought... yo can turn it into a real nice bike with a few upgrades...changes the goose neck and bars..........then change the shifters and brakes lever.
then you can weld then rear of the suspension where the frame meets the swing arm. finally get new tires and shocks and you might enjoy it...
to be honest stay away from bikes direct.com they are a joke

I disagree, i have been biking for 40 years and have owned a lot of different types of bikes, and with all its what you pay for but i have a dawes lighting at the present. For three years I have rode this bike 30 miles a day, 5 days a week. the rims where not strong enough and i replaced them with some deep vs and that was it. i say its the rider not the machine. if you take proper care of your stuff it will last a whole lot longer, i ride in the rain and mostly on a bike path. Im not a racer and make no clams that this bike is top quality, but with a few additions and constant up keep as with all of my cars and machinery. its fine, Im old school, I dont throw stuff away, i fix it and keep it. For the money you cant beat a Dawes

If you had gotten a ~350 bike from walmart and this happened you would most likely say 'well thats what I get for buying a bike at walmart' Why would this be any different. With so many components you really cant expect much in the way of quality out of anything on it. I have a bikes direct motobecane record which was only 200 more than your bike and I have had no problems. It seems that your problem lies with the rim manufactuer, the nature of buying and selling on eBay, and your efforts to save money whereever possible

Did you know that the "Real" Bottecchia Bicycles have been available in the USA for 3 years now. The full line, Road, MTB, Cross, Gravel, Fat and the classic Steel.