Did You Ride Today?

Epic rain today. all day and it will continue until 1 AM. Wind at 9 to 20 MPH.

On the trainer for a fast little recovery ride. Warmed up and punched it up to cruising speed and held it there up the Volcano Climb at 170 BPM...uh...yeah, that's threshold area.

Flew around the Volcano Flat route twice and the Volcano Circuit twice. Done.

Legs feel good, but I really need road miles to start adapting to the faster tempo changes and surges of road riding.

More rain in the forecast and a cold weekend coming up. Not a good start to the year as far as the outdoor season goes.

30 degrees and light snow flurries all day in an insane wind. 20 to 30 MPH steady all day (started hitting 30 MPH last night before dark and it roared hard all last night) with gusts to 45 MPH! Yeah, insane wind.

I hit the trainer for just under 2 Hrs. and rode Zwift's Watopia Road To Ruins, The Volcano Climb, The Volcano Circuit for 2 laps and a Volcano Flat lap.

I must have been feeling pretty good because I climbed out of the Jungle Loop charging hard and picked up the tempo on the last part of the climb back over to the Spruce Goose. Hit the descent hard and rolled back onto Watopia flying and chasing down every rider in front of me. Turned off and went up the Volcano Climb. Not a PR, but a good, solid effort. Powered down that descent and flew around the Vocano Circuit like I owned it. Finished off with a fairly quick lap of Watopia and was rewarded with a 5-point FTP increase.

Not bad for an old geezer. Another fun workout in the books!

Ride On!

Light snow again this morning and 26 degrees at sunrise. The sun did come out and it got up to 37 degrees with the wind at 12 to 16 MPH and gusts near 30 MPH.

I Had to get up on the barn roof and repair and replace some damaged shingles from yesterday's wild winds.

I hit the trainer for 1 Hr. and 30 Min. of high tempo work. Just a slightly shortened version of yesterday's route on Zwift. The legs felt decent and once again I had a fast trip up the shallow Jungle climb and lots of fun riding in packs of riders making more Watts/Kg than I normally do.

About 2,500 riders in the game.

Rain in the afternoon after another day of high wind speeds...13 to 24 MPH steady with gusts over 35 MPH. 1/2" of snow is expected overnight. Yay...

I hit Zwift for a boring trainer session in Richmond on the 2015 UCI Worlds Course. Boring. I did 5 laps of that 10-mile boring circuit climbing a whopping 2000' of virtually boring short, steep hills. The speed work was OK, but I was so bored I couldn't stay focused on the long, flat stretches on the course. I kept falling off the back of small packs and not even giving a damn about it.

I did set a PR on a climb on the second lap, but even that was boring, so I won't bore you with the details.

I did launch into a nice, strong tow and some spirited trading of pulls on the last lap, but by then it was too late Two and a half hours of Richmond is three hours too many.

43.5 miles today with Mike. Cool weather, dark and gloomy but a nice ride. Finally cleaned up all the **** off the trail!

Rode my old 1997 Cannondale roadie.

DSCN0010.JPG
DSCN0019.JPG
DSCN0021.JPG
DSCN0028.JPG

Reactions: rm57 and CAMPYBOB
Couple inches of snow this morning made the road nice and wet so it was off to the woods for a couple of hours. I don't mind getting the mountain bike nice and muddy because that's what it's for.

Entry for Saturday 04/07/2018: 2"-3" of fresh snow fell overnight. 24 degrees at sunrise and it got up to 34 degrees by mid-afternoon.

2 Hours and 32 minutes on Zwift with 2,300' of virtual climbing. A good workout with lots of speed work and climbing work. I finished that one a whipped puppy. So many fast riders on Zwift!

Three times up Box Hill, I went. That kind of hurt!

27 degrees this morning and again a high of right around 34 degrees. The sun is out and most of the snow has melted away. There's water running all over the roads and, of course, the road crews spread more salt and road grit.

I did a short 1 hour and 55 minute session on the trainer. Still a London day on Zwift so I climbed Box Hill and Keith Hill. I set a new PR going up Keith Hill and also finished the Everest Challenge of climbing 164,042' on Zwift and unlocked the Tron bike for all that vertical suffering.

Another good workout in the books!

Weather forecast is for a frozen mix tonight and a 40% chance of snow tomorrow with little to no accumulation. Great.

Tron bike explained:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyZYG-U_a0g

Reactions: zipp2001
Broke my trainer over a month ago and fell off the wagon big time. The Winter weather has been lingering on still and I've only rode an hour ride once a week for the past 3 weeks..pathetic, I know,lol..I'm going to test out bike commuting this week and work on getting some consistency.

I saw that you were MIA, U. I figured you switched back to the road.

Here's some pics from Saturday morning's little gift to N.E. Ohio

Reactions: rm57 and Mr. Beanz
"Morning snow flurries" have not stopped and it's mid-afternoon.

Meh. Another Zwift session, coming up!

Reactions: Uawadall
Couple inches of snow this morning made the road nice and wet so it was off to the woods for a couple of hours. I don't mind getting the mountain bike nice and muddy because that's what it's for.

I've missed riding my bike in the snow as a result of being back to my country. It was really a good time back in those days in Birmingham which was really nice when the snow is thick. I've returned to my country which is more sunny than having snow time.

Reactions: zipp2001
First day of bike commuting, cold, but I was glad. I wore my work clothes and didn't want to break a sweat. The way there was 14 miles, had to tack on 6 do to a road closure due to an accident. I rode through heavy morning traffic for the last 3 miles of it. Regardless, it felt great! The ride home was the 8, I noticed that those roads have more potholes than on the way there. Still need to plan ahead so I have to bring as little with me as possible. Wore a back pack there and back, not really heavy, but awkward and constricting, would have been more sweaty if it were warmer out.15.8 mph or so both ways. its around that pace or slower without cycling gear and trying to not smell like a gym bag at the office.

23 degrees this morning and light snow flurries all day. It's warmed up to 39 degrees here at 4 PM, but rain is moving in to replace the snow. The wind isn't bad at 10 to 13 MPH, but I'm headed to the trainer and another indoor session.

2 hours and 2 minutes of medium tempo work on the trainer.

Zwift's Watopia Road To Ruins route, the Volcano Circuit a couple times and the Volcano Flat Route a couple times. About 2,300 rider in the game.

Nothing exciting or fast, just tempo work.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
14.6 miles today. It was either very hot, I'm getting old, or the blood loss from yesterday's blood test but I don't remember it being that tough ha ha!

High of 88, average of 85 and yes, I had an under layer on! :p

20180410_180414.jpg
00000ride1.JPG

Trying to get my chubby little legs back into shape. As you can see, a little too fast for the camera and they came out blurry! :D

20180410_180442.jpg