Do sunglasses distort your vision?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by slow_gazelle@yahoo.com, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. I bought a couple pair of sunglasses for an upcoming race but find the
    glasses significantly alter my depth perception. Is this normal?

    Tags:

  2. bluezfolk

    bluezfolk Guest

    I've never noticed it, but I do find it annoying when sweat drips
    onto the lenses.

    Eric

  3. Steve Hansen

    Steve Hansen Guest

    slow_gazelle@yahoo.com wrote:

    > I bought a couple pair of sunglasses for an upcoming race but find the
    > glasses significantly alter my depth perception. Is this normal?

    Are they the right prescription?

    The prescription on sunglasses should be the same as the
    prescription on regular clear glasses.

  4. slow_gazelle@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I bought a couple pair of sunglasses for an upcoming race but find the
    > glasses significantly alter my depth perception. Is this normal?

    First of all, I think you'll find that they are designed to be used one
    at a time. So, if you're wearing both at once, take one of them off.

    The serious answer is - did you buy them at a garage forecourt (AmE
    "gas station")? If so, they're not likely to be very good - will
    probably have sub-optimal UV protection, and the lenses may be crap.
    On the other hand, if they're branded shades then they should NOT alter
    your depth perception - they should be optically neutral. However, you
    might find that wearing them in shady or murky light will change how
    much you can actually see.

    Edward

  5. Sunglasses definitely distort vision.

    When I wear them, joggers seem likeable.

  6. On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:35:47 -0400, High_Colonic@webtv.net (Miss Anne
    Thrope) wrote:

    >Sunglasses definitely distort vision.
    >
    >When I wear them, joggers seem likeable.

    I think that's your tin foil hat, not the glasses.

  7. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    bluezfolk wrote:

    > I've never noticed it, but I do find it annoying when sweat drips
    > onto the lenses.
    >
    > Eric

    Because of that I tried contacts, but they didn't work for me.

Share This Page