Do you carry a gun while out on a ride?

On Jun 20, 9:18 am, Pat <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 8:38 am, "Amy Blankenship"
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >news:[email protected]...
> > On Jun 19, 5:25 pm, KingOfTheApes <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Originally Posted by chipcom
> > > "Hint: you can't...what needs to be controlled are humans and their
> > > behavior...not the tools they use."

> > > I think the wild monkeys (those that display primitive behavior, like
> > > aggression) should be put in a cage.

> > > But since they look like humans, they figure the chances of being
> > > caught are slim, particularly since nobody cares about nothing any
> > > more. Some are being caught, but mainly because the police is looking
> > > to i$$ue as many tickets as po$$ible.

> > > If undercover policemen were to ride the roads, then the wild monkeys
> > > would think twice before pushing around people on bikes. I wonder why
> > > a society that puts undercover hookers out there, doesn't care that
> > > much about the cyclists. Yeah, we know prostitution is a sin, but so
> > > is bullying cyclists...

> > > This is leading into religious morality, is it not?

> > 9 of the 16 posts in the thread are from you --including multiple
> > times where you reply to yourself.  This, after you swore "I'm not
> > going to be posting here for a while --unless requested".  Well, guess
> > what, no one is requesting you to post.  You're just embarrassing
> > yourself by posting like this.  You're just posting to hear yourself
> > talk.  Go get a life.  Your gig working for "Big Oil" is up.  Your
> > cover is blown.

> > If you're worried that people hate bikers.  Guess what.  It's because
> > of people like you.  You're a disgrace.

> > Could we adopt a policy of not responding to this guy?  I have him
> > comfortably filtered out, but when people respond I have to see what they
> > are responding to.

> > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

> Hey, this is my first response to the guy since ... I don't know
> when.  My other post to him wasn't really a "response".  But yes, in
> general I ignore him.  Unfortunately, that means pretty much ignoring
> the whole NG which he pretty much killed.- Hide quoted text -

Don't put it that bad. This group is alive and kicking, particularly
after my candidacy...

(this is probably my last post in 4 years)

Well, just assuming...

Suppose I ran for president, and I was serious about cycling, what
would I have to do to deserve your vote?

This article cites some of the things that need to be done to promote
biking...

(notice they are for the revolution too)

The Revolution Will Not Be Motorized
Is Austin finally giving bicyclists a little respect?

'Elkinton has observed a marked rise in transportation-bicycling
interest this year, motivated most strongly, he says, "by the
increasing price of gas and goods."'

1- Tax gasoline to promote bike facilities.

'One question planners already know the answer to is why people avoid
transportation cycling: safety.'

2- Implement bike paths and bike lanes or where necessary implement
slow lanes enforced by speed cameras.

"promote the heck out of it."

3- Promotion, promotion, promotion. Without it, the people won't come
out their cages.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrob...oid=oid:621776

Oh, thank you very much for your vote, and see you in four years.

Rob Morley wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 07:38:59 -0500
> "Amy Blankenship" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Could we adopt a policy of not responding to this guy? I have him
>> comfortably filtered out, but when people respond I have to see what
>> they are responding to.

> So get a newsreader that can filter on message content as well as
> headers. :)

Recommendations?

"KingOfTheApes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> (I'm not going to be posting here for a while --unless requested--,
> but in case you are not protected by the revolution soon, here's some
> practical advice so you can survive under the worst conditions)
>
> Well, it seems that self-defense sometimes calls for a gun, and there
> are plenty of offenses committed against cyclists out there.
>
> I'm not advocating violence at all, but it seems that, of all places
> where the gun may be necessary, the cyclist may have the most pressing
> need for it. Almost as much, let's say, as a pump and a multi-wrench
> tool.
>
> So let's hear from the pacifists and the NRA people alike...

> I think a water gun would be a good option. The guy may suffer from a
> heart attack, but then you respond with a random act of kindness and
> spray his windshield.
>
> That would teach him two lessons: Not to mess with the cyclists and
> that we are a friendly bunch! ;)

> Welcome to the Jungle
>
> http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

No, of course not. Too much extra weight ;-{)}

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 01:30:34 +0100
Steve C <[email protected]> wrote:

> Rob Morley wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 07:38:59 -0500
> > "Amy Blankenship" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Could we adopt a policy of not responding to this guy? I have him
> >> comfortably filtered out, but when people respond I have to see
> >> what they are responding to.

> > So get a newsreader that can filter on message content as well as
> > headers. :)
> >

> Recommendations?

On Windows I use Microplanet Gravity
and on Linux I use Claws Mail http://www.claws-mail.org/
Many other posters will no doubt have their own preferences.