Do You Smoke?

Nah, I don't smoke. I did try it out back in grade 8 but I coughed so hard from it that I ended up having an asthma attack. So, yeah, that turned me right off, lol. Even if it wasn't for that, though, smoking isn't a habit I'd want to get into now that I'm at a point in life where I don't feel like I need to do it to be cool. Too many health risks for a habit that just costs a whole bunch of money. Nothing really to gain except an addiction. I have enough health issues to worry about without starting something like that, lol.

I have friends that smoke and regret ever starting it. My uncle goes through several packs a day and says if there's one thing he could go back and change it would be to never get started with smoking, because now, years later, it has been the cause of numerous problems in his health.

Smoke what... lol ;) . But seriously, I smoke only about as much as I drink. And that is almost every weekend. It helps me get drunk faster. I can also "go for a smoke" and bond with new people that way. Resisting the urge to smoke during the week is pretty hard, but hey, it's just another reason to look forward to the weekend.

ZXD22 said:
I don't thank god, but some of my friends do and they regret it a lot...
I guess that a lot of people who start smoking later regret it, also because of loss od condition and generally as we all know nicotine is harmful for our health.

lightenstir said:
Smoke what... lol ;) . But seriously, I smoke only about as much as I drink. And that is almost every weekend. It helps me get drunk faster. I can also "go for a smoke" and bond with new people that way. Resisting the urge to smoke during the week is pretty hard, but hey, it's just another reason to look forward to the weekend.
So you only smoke during social events or when you're hanging with a new person and to somehow get drunk quicker?

Reactions: BikeBikeBikeBike
9lines said:
I used to smoke but I quit about a year ago. It was difficult for me to go out cycling whenever I smoked since I felt like my chest was heavy with breathing difficulties. Since I stopped smoking, I can now go cycling without any problem.
Great to hear about you being sucessful with quiting smoking. Do you mind telling how much years did you use to smoke before you quit?

I do not smoke, nor do I find any gratification in it. I am alright with other people smoking, just as long as it is not in my face. It agitates me very much, and I do confront them.

MNyte said:
I do not smoke, nor do I find any gratification in it. I am alright with other people smoking, just as long as it is not in my face. It agitates me very much, and I do confront them.
It used to drive me instance back when I wasn't a smoker too, because people in my environment would always do that.

I don't and I'm glad because it's really addicting for people and it smells horrible. I can't stand the smell of it, let alone to put one in my mouth. Makes me gag.

As an ex-smoker I am really glad that I don't smoke because it's one of the most absurd habits I know. We damage our health, from others and we spend money, so it's pointless really.

I have never tried smoking, I just don't see how the smoke could be good for your lungs.

Hell. No. I always found smoking absolutely disgusting besides the obvious health risks. I can't even stand people who smoke, and if I see a girl with a cigarette it's a major turnoff.

I have to admit, while I've tried to give up a few times, I've not been able to manage it and the best I've been able to do is cut down.

I used to smoke between 15 and 20 a day, and now I'm down to around 3 or 4. I still can't manage to totally stop though and its as if just having them few takes the edge off the habit.

Hell. No. I always found smoking absolutely disgusting besides the obvious health risks. I can't even stand people who smoke, and if I see a girl with a cigarette it's a major turnoff.

There does appear to be a lot of judgmental people around than what there ever used to be. I've noticed that more and more recently as a smoker.

I smoke, my SO smokes too. Sometimes we smoke pre or mid-ride much to the rest of our group's dismay :v I have considerably diminished the frequency of this habit (a pack usually last me two weeks). I like to smoke after a particularly hard ride, helps me relax. Some people like to have a beer after riding their bike. To each their own.

Smoking is one of those things that I will never understand and smokers would always be something to avoid for me. I hate when I enter a room filled with smoke.
I also can't stand the cigarettes. I have been raised in a home of non-smokers, so I learned from my early age that I should not smoke ever in my life. I had one cigarette once just to see what it is all about , and I disliked it.

There does appear to be a lot of judgmental people around than what there ever used to be. I've noticed that more and more recently as a smoker.
I'm not a **** to smokers, I just don't like spending my around smoke and that's it. To me, a smoker I never met is just person whom I don't really care about and I will put myself in first place and think about what's best for me. If someone wants to smoke, I couldn't care less. Same with any activity a random person does - as long as it's not harmful to me I don't care.

Reactions: pwarbi
Smoking is nonsense, but I can relate with smokers sure as long as they respect me and don't make me smoke too. Basically, smoke away. :)

I'm not a **** to smokers, I just don't like spending my around smoke and that's it. To me, a smoker I never met is just person whom I don't really care about and I will put myself in first place and think about what's best for me. If someone wants to smoke, I couldn't care less. Same with any activity a random person does - as long as it's not harmful to me I don't care.

You took my comment wrong, it wasn't a personal attack on you. What I was saying is that there's a lot of people like yourself that don't have any time for people that smoke. They find it a disgusting habit, and it is. Even I as a smoker will admit that, but you hit the nail on the head at the end. I smoke in designated areas only, and I always make sure I'm not affecting anybody else who chooses not to smoke.

I know there are smokers that do and I'm usually the first one to tell them to put it out, so I do get that and I think it's because of those people that smokers do get judged.