Do You Smoke?

You took my comment wrong, it wasn't a personal attack on you. What I was saying is that there's a lot of people like yourself that don't have any time for people that smoke. They find it a disgusting habit, and it is. Even I as a smoker will admit that, but you hit the nail on the head at the end. I smoke in designated areas only, and I always make sure I'm not affecting anybody else who chooses not to smoke.

I know there are smokers that do and I'm usually the first one to tell them to put it out, so I do get that and I think it's because of those people that smokers do get judged.
Oh, sorry about that then. You're right though, I don't hate on smokers as in my experience most of them realize that other people don't like being around smoke and can be very thoughtful in that regard. Of course, just like any demographic, the smokers have their bad eggs who just don't care about normal social interaction.

Reactions: pwarbi
I used to smoke sometimes back but I managed to quit. I came to realise that it affects by breathing while cycling. It sometimes resulted to me coughing heavily after riding for a long distance. That made me to completely quit smoking.

We definitely all know about the health risks involved when it comes to smoking and that causes even more of a concern when cycling or any form of exercise is thrown into the mix.

Performance will always suffer, especially when you consider that smoking affects the lungs and when cycling especially, that's one of the parts of the body that gets worked the most.

I don't. Anybody my age or younger that does doesn't really have any excuse for it either. They can't claim ignorance of the harmful effects. Older people could be cut some slack because they may have been addicted before knowing what we all know today about it, but only so much.

I don't smoke not only because my parents and my school says it's bad to, but also because my aunt smokes and she is mentally breaking down or something. I don't know if it's because of smoking, but it does seem like some kind of fume got to her head. She doesn't even get up to go to the bathroom sometimes. Ew. Yet she's still addicted. They say the percentage of teens who smoke are decreasing. :)

I used to smoke about a pack a day but recently I've been doing good with a bout a pack a week. I started vaping so I try to do that more than the cigs. It's winter here so going out for a cig isn't exactly what I want to do. I hope to quit completely and hopefully soon because it's becoming too much of a risk for me personally.

I live in the states and I agree. Even though it seems like everybody is smoking when you walk down the street, there are way more than that percentage not smoking. Even though I smoke I kinda hope that we get one of those clean air laws here in Philly.

I don't smoke. I've tried it a few times but it's not for me. I tried those e cigarettes once before though and they were pretty good, but I can'd do the nicotine thing because of my fast heart rate issues.

I do not smoke. I tried it and I did not like it, smoking is also quite expensive and I prefer to spend my money on home decorations and food.
Smoking also has way too many disadvantages compared to advantages.
I prefer not to and I prefer the person I date not to because I do not like the smell that permeates their hair hair and clothes.

No, I do not smoke. I have never even tried smoking because it's injurious to health. You are not only risking your health by smoking but putting others around you at risk too.

I do it occasionally when I am out with friends. Then I usually overdo it.
I smoke one pack in a night.

Luckily it was not your thing as I smoked for 4 years and I am fortunate to have quit because it's a terrible addiction.

That's true, we can believe we are social smokers, but before we know it we can't stop and we will be hooked.

Reactions: Jcycle
I've never smoked before and don't plan on doing it. It would be very detrimental to my lungs and overall health. This would limit my physical activity and cycling. I'm sure vaping is okay though (it's just water vapor right?).

I've never smoked before and don't plan on doing it. It would be very detrimental to my lungs and overall health. This would limit my physical activity and cycling. I'm sure vaping is okay though (it's just water vapor right?).
No, it contains nicotine. It isn't safe or okay. There are also potential complications from inhaling heated vapor over time. Plus, some setups have been tested and there are at least 3 known carcinogens in some vaping and e-cigarette setups.