Do You Think Hollywood is So Satanic?

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB

Indeed. Life is not all unicorns and rainbows. It is complicated by Pirate Cat weilding a gold-plated Deagle widdy da beamz! And unicorns don't fart rainbows. They belch and fart Faustian Fire!

Attila (1993-2013, RIP) now up in kitty Valhalla perched upon his golden Scratch N Relax approves this meowsage. He taught kittens how to be cats, was a friend to all who wished him well, and an enemy most fearsome to those who wished him otherwise.

The resemblance is uncanny...

Originally Posted by jhuskey

Some of us live in the real world and not the one of Unicorns and rainbows. It is not as simple as some portray it.
Your metaphor fails. Christians have been known to burn rainbows at the stake.

Fortunately, I'm thoroughly secularized, and I hold my Satanic music very dear.

0.jpg

urge2kill said:
Quote: In Pascal's Wager, the wager is whether we should try to believe that God exists just in case he really does exist.
Of course buying into that requires either the belief that or the assumption that such a wager is logical.

Originally Posted by alienator

Of course buying into that requires either the belief that or the assumption that such a wager is logical.
I would question Pascal's assignment of probabilities, if that's what you mean. However, I do find this apologetics argument more challenging than the others, for we are no longer comparing the probability of existence vs. nonexistence, we are comparing the probability of heaven for believers vs. heaven for nonbelievers. While the anecdotal evidence of the former (heaven for believers) is weak to null, there is little to no relevant information in the first place.
But I am new to the topic, and I am awaiting further criticism on this matter.

urge2kill said:
I would question Pascal's assignment of probabilities, if that's what you mean.  However, I do find this apologetics argument more challenging than the others, for we are no longer comparing the probability of existence vs. nonexistence, we are comparing the probability of heaven for believers vs. heaven for nonbelievers.  While the anecdotal evidence of the former (heaven for believers) is weak to null, there is little to no relevant information in the first place.
I don't find the "just in case" rationale for believing in a god convincing. Further the wager requires that the god be a petty, petulant god who punishes people when they don't love him. That's a god in which not even all Christian faiths believe, let alone other religions around the world. An equally convincing argument can be made for wearing a foil hat just in case there really are aliens that would steal your thoughts and take over your body while disposing of your thoughts in some dimensionless yet tortuous void.

Originally Posted by urge2kill Caution: It's technically possible that CampyBob or SlovakGuy are secretly Satanist. That's not saying much.
Slovakguy is a heretic indeed, but not a Satanist he is into "Cthulu" stuff. Thats why he has the fish in the picture. He is "doing stuff" with fish...

Originally Posted by urge2kill

Well, there is no manual entitled "How to Make The Lord Reveal Himself to You". One just has to hope that, if God exists, he will reveal himself to them eventually. If he doesn't, tough.
So to wrap it up you would describe your self being: "Christian and Psychotic about it" ?
big-smile.png

"Thats some quality trolling...
big-smile.png
"

I say we recruit him to The Bigot Squad®.

Come...come over to the Light Side! Work for the forces of Good! For Truth! Justice! And the American Way!

Dan, my condolences on the loss of your cat. My last kitteh made it to just shy of 20 years old. I think she was da debil, though. She launched eeevil sneak attacks on unsuspecting strangers and never did a day's work in her life...most likely a Democat.

If you need a replacement, I have some great barn kittens and cats that were given a good Christian upbringing....although they were not baptized into the Church. They hate water, of course! Take your pick from among various colors, stripes and hard-working Republican blood lines!

No proof of the existence of God? Malarky!

The 1911 is been proof of God's Divine Perfection and Infinite Wisdom for the last millenium!

Now, children, go forth and spread the Word of our Prophet, John Moses Browning...Peace be upon Him.
Now I am become Caticorn!, the destroyer of worlds.

I would take issue with the comment about "quality trolling" effective maybe but I find no quality in trolling or severe stomach disorders.

I'm thinking it was meant as a joke. One man's troll is another's sincere opinion.

I'm thinking it was meant as a joke. One man's troll is another's sincere opinion.
This is true however it is possible to kill someone without malice or meaning to do so but the resulting death is still the same.

Originally Posted by Volnix
So to wrap it up you would describe your self being: "Christian and Psychotic about it" ?
big-smile.png
I was explaining why some people don't believe. Some believers cite some personal experience that suggested God's existence to them. It's hard to blame a nonbeliever for not having such an experience.

If I was psychotic, I wouldn't be comprehensible. But then you woudl know that I was possessed by an angel, wouldn't you? I think psychotics actually have mystical phoneline. Prove it ain't! This fork in my knife is buttering wet! Ha! Save me, Chronos214!

Quote by JH:
"This is true however it is possible to kill someone without malice or meaning to do so but the resulting death is still the same."

No more Skittles and Watermelon Tea jokes! I promise!

Actually, I'm still trying to figure out if the fork or the knife was used by Col. Mustard to kill the butter in the kitchen...

No more Skittles and Watermelon Tea jokes! I promise!

Actually, I'm still trying to figure out if the fork or the knife was used by Col. Mustard to kill the butter in the kitchen...
It's only a matter of time now. His mind is deterioriating.

0.jpg

Charles Manson actually criticized Obama, but abc News skipped right past that to his climate change warnings. I was quite dissapointed. I wanted to link to Charles Manson ranting about Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urge2kill .

I was explaining why some people don't believe. Some believers cite some personal experience that suggested God's existence to them. It's hard to blame a nonbeliever for not having such an experience.

If I was psychotic, I wouldn't be comprehensible. But then you woudl know that I was possessed by an angel, wouldn't you? I think psychotics actually have mystical phoneline. Prove it ain't! This fork in my knife is buttering wet! Ha! Save me, Chronos214!

My bad... I thought you were the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuskey .
I would take issue with the comment about "quality trolling" effective maybe but I find no quality in trolling or severe stomach disorders.

Oh man... F@ck Satan and that "next level trolling"... Even by definition, Satan is beyond level, its worst trolling then Alienator!!! I could start a thread about Shimano Vs Campagnolo and some Lube with a 50 post count profile and whats the maximum "Ripple effect" I would get? A "STFU Noob" or something??? Not fair...

...and thats not an even a close enough exhausted topic as Satan... At least Shimano and Campagnolo do new stuff every year... But nooo... The "Primeval Sin Apple Smuggler" is still the hot topic...

I am gonna make my own Non-Hollywood movie... I totally will...
big-smile.png
I am gonna call it "The Boy who Trolled out Satan"... I am gonna have Alienator playing as a retired Troll who got his T1 Broadband's 2 year contract's Static IP blocked on a Trolling shootout about Satan and is teaching a guy how to troll and who is eventually ehmmm "blocking Satan" or something...

Anyway...

Jesus doesnt know Danfoz because he never spoke to "Him" before...
big-smile.png

Danfoz is an "Atheist"
big-smile.png

Danfoz "Doesnt believe it!!!"
big-smile.png

0.jpg

PS Danfoz what "dont you believe" exactly?
tongue.png

Originally Posted by Volnix

PS Danfoz what "dont you believe" exactly?
tongue.png
I don't believe my SuperSix will give me any advantage at Battenkill over my Cinelli, but I have faith that if I stick to my training plan I have a fighting chance.

I have information that Campybob wad once know as Shimano Sam. Thats right a Trans-shiftite. Let the rumors fly.