Do You Think Hollywood is So Satanic?

A little kid that kills people with psychic powers???

What you really need to do is steal the magic chest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichabod
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ichabod
0.jpg

Meshuggah!!
evil.png

I have never seen Satan but I was once married to one of his tour guides.

I've no doubt that Satan exists and that there are many who are party to his machinations.

The greatest achievement is his attempt to dupe mankind in to believing that he doesn't exist and that there is no such thing as sin.
Many don't believe in the existence of Satan or that sin exists - so to that extent he has duped large parts of mankind.

I'm going to dance naked around a bonfire the night before Battenkill and see where it gets me.

Quote by JH:
"I have never seen Satan but I was once married to one of his tour guides."

I was married to two of her sisters.

We know they exist, therefore...

danfoz said:
I'm going to dance naked around a bonfire the night before Battenkill and see where it gets me.
Probably into the ER with 3rd degree burns.

Quote by Dan:
"I'm going to dance naked around a bonfire the night before Battenkill and see where it gets me."

YouTube that!

Originally Posted by limerickman
I've no doubt that Satan exists and that there are many who are party to his machinations.

The greatest achievement is his attempt to dupe mankind in to believing that he doesn't exist and that there is no such thing as sin.
Many don't believe in the existence of Satan or that sin exists - so to that extent he has duped large parts of mankind.
Not believing the positive (that he does exist) doesn't imply belief in the negative (that he doesn't exist). There are varying degrees of certainty and doubt.

Different standards of evidence is a problem in debates between believers and nonbelievers. For example:
  • Some nonbelievers are fond of the phrase "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." They think the bar should be set very high for this particular claim.
  • Christians and muslims often have Pascal's Wager in mind. Just the possibility of eternal punishment is enough to give caution because it is eternal. Some of these people might be properly classified as "nonbelieving, but cautious". Just the word "nonbelieving" leaves out some important information. Other people may be equally skeptical, but less cautious.

I think being questioning is virtuous. If we were given our brains by God, why is it a sin to think, to doubt?

Originally Posted by urge2kill

Not believing the positive (that he does exist) doesn't imply belief in the negative (that he doesn't exist). There are varying degrees of certainty and doubt.

Different standards of evidence is a problem in debates between believers and nonbelievers. For example:
  • Some nonbelievers are fond of the phrase "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." They think the bar should be set very high for this particular claim.
  • Christians and muslims often have Pascal's Wager in mind. Just the possibility of eternal punishment is enough to give caution because it is eternal. Some of these people might be properly classified as "nonbelieving, but cautious". Just the word "nonbelieving" leaves out some important information. Other people may be equally skeptical, but less cautious.

I think being questioning is virtuous. If we were given our brains by God, why is it a sin to think, to doubt?
What non-believers choose believe (or not believe) is their choice.

I'm in no doubt that evil exists and that the source of that evil is Satan.

Lim ,I once posted a thread asking if evil exists in the minds of forum members. Of course debating religion is like trying to slam a revolving door.

I think almost everyone has the potential for good or evil. I guess psychologists believe that there are a few people born as true sociopaths without the capacity to feel empathy or similar positive emotions. For most people, it is a question of environment and situation. People can be "turned" one way or the other, IMHO, based upon how they were treated when they were raised - a child abused and made to feel hopeless can lash out in many ways, turning self-destructive such as drugs or alcohol, or destructive to others, becoming a predator of some sort. A child reared in a positive, hopeful environment and taught that most people are fundamentally good will be able to see that. Some people come to these realizations later in life.

Personally, I have always felt that the majority of people are good, and the few that are truly evil, malicious, or cruel are the minority by far. My recent experiences with my health situation have really confirmed this -- I haven't run into anyone on the negative end of the spectrum, but I have been touched beyond belief at how many truly kind, caring, and loving people are out there. Their support has been vital in helping me get past the problems both physical and mental.

Satan, God, evil, good -- all kind of concepts to explain the same thing, whether or not you choose to believe in them literally or not. There is definitely positive and negative energy in the universe, what name people choose to give it is up to them, IMHO. It's all good whether you worship God, Allah, The Buddha, whoever.

The one thing I don't understand is this -- if Evil is a choice, granted to us as part of being given Free Will, why would anyone choose that. I believe that the path of light is so much better than the path of darkness. I know people get hurt, people get angry, people get bitter. Been there, done that -- have I been bitter over my diagnosis, you betcha! But, does it help anything to turn that against other people, absolutely not. I am slowly coming to terms with it. One thing that helps me, the worse day I'm having, the more I go out of my way to be kind or helpful to someone else, even if it's just offering to help a senior citizen put her groceries in her trunk or holding open a door with a smile on my face. People respond to kindness, it's very gratifying.

If "beliefs" are those ideas that guide our behavior (in this case, the tendency toward "sin"), I think you are partially right.
Merely giving an idea honest consideration is enough to influence our behavior, but that is weak form of belief. It's a different kind of belief when there is irrational fear, like when a child is unable to sleep because they can't shake the feeling that the boogie man is watching.

Btw...

"Satan"... What do we actually know about satan? Is it the horned creature of the parallel dimension as presented into some religion generated and some para-religion generated pictures? Or is it something else?

A few forum members are gonna discuss about satan in this very thread. Some worship satan and his "back door" action like "Alienator" and some prefer to keep clear. Some are even open minded and dont care to get into some more specific thoughts about.

Satan... Is one of the various evil forms generated by the original schism in heaven where some of the goody angels thought they were kinda -nicer- or something. In definition, they are not really "evil" unless you are.

For example: Kids, if you say, like "Alienator" did:

"Satan, oh Satan, I really wants you to feel thy" and you are doing that to get some short of "evil boost", Satan is gonna "do ya" and you are gonna be bummed.

If you are an evil person then you do know that you are gonna be bummed by Satan anyway.

Alienator enjoys the company of Satan in bed. He enjoys licking Satan as he so often mentions on the forum.

So who is Satan?

Is he a person? A deity? A fiction? An idea?

Well he ain't a part of the holy trinity that's for "damn" sure...
big-smile.png

To be continued... On the "Satan thread"...

Btw...

Originally Posted by jhuskey
Lim ,I once posted a thread asking if evil exists in the minds of forum members. Of course debating religion is like trying to slam a revolving door.
That's true.

Political ideology was the debate of the 20th century.
I think Religion will be the debate of the 21st century - and this could bring even more conflict than what was witnessed during the 20th century.

Originally Posted by Volnix
Btw...

"Satan"... What do we actually know about satan? Is it the horned creature of the parallel dimension as presented into some religion generated and some para-religion generated pictures? Or is it something else?

A few forum members are gonna discuss about satan in this very thread. Some worship satan and his "back door" action like "Alienator" and some prefer to keep clear. Some are even open minded and dont care to get into some more specific thoughts about.

Satan... Is one of the various evil forms generated by the original schism in heaven where some of the goody angels thought they were kinda -nicer- or something. In definition, they are not really "evil" unless you are.

For example: Kids, if you say, like "Alienator" did:

"Satan, oh Satan, I really wants you to feel thy" and you are doing that to get some short of "evil boost", Satan is gonna "do ya" and you are gonna be bummed.

If you are an evil person then you do know that you are gonna be bummed by Satan anyway.

Alienator enjoys the company of Satan in bed. He enjoys licking Satan as he so often mentions on the forum.

So who is Satan?

Is he a person? A deity? A fiction?
The Bible teaches that Lucifer (Satan) was an archangel who, through his own pride, considered himself to be better than God.
The Bible further teaches that Lucifer (Satan) attempted to usurp God and that in the resulting battle was banished along with 30% of all archangels from Heaven.

The Bible teaches that Satan is the source of all evil and that man can be an agent of that evil.
Man must decide to choose between God (good) and Satan (evil).
That choice is called free will.

Originally Posted by Volnix
Btw...

Satan = Latin for "enemy"
Lucifer = Latin for "bearer of light"

"Lucifer" was also the word for the planet Venus. I wonder what the actual story behind this is. It's interesting because the devil often is a seductive woman in contemporary media, and because Christianity has had such strong associations between sin and sex historically (just look up St. Augustus's views on sexuality).

The Birth of Venus by Botticelli, altered by me

I considered adding the words "end sex" in graffiti letters as a joke, but I thought others might find that offensively blunt and shallow.

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy

I haven't exorcised all week, I got the flu or something. It would be great to send the demonic little virus packing.
I got a cold for the first time in two years. Maybe I haven't been exorcizing enough.

I'm boiling some lentils because, like many beans, they're high in zinc.
Zinc is important to immune function. Unless a man is truly free of all sexual immorality, he needs extra zinc to make up for what is lost.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2277319/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12142956