Do you think mark cavendish is back?

Henrywrites

Feb 12, 2018
The world cycling tour that ended at Dubai brought with it the surprised winner in the name of Mark Cavendish. Every cycling follower must have noticed how the cyclist has had a tough last year that was littered with injuries and poor form that many even wrote him out coming to the 2018 Dubai Tour. However, his victory has shown that with determination, there is nothing we can't achieve.

images (5).jpeg
Do you see him winning subsequent racing tours or is this just a one off?

"However, his victory has shown that with determination, there is nothing we can't achieve."

So you're saying that all those that lose lack determination. You think with enough determination sprinters could be climbers, climbers could be sprinters, domestiques just don't try hard enough. Offensive lineman could become wide receivers if just they had enough willpower.

If apparent determination and effort could win you the Tour de France the Absurd camera hogging French champion of failed breakaways Thomas Voeckler (indian name "tounge hangs out") would have won it repeatedly.

If you really think that way there are dozens of self-help gurus just waiting to sell you their latest book, CD, tape or subscribe you to their monthly newsletter.

By the way I think of Cavendish gets back in the shape he was in last summer he will win stages in the Tour de France. He would have won that stage had not Peter Sagan blocked him out.
Regardless of whether you think what Sagan did was intentional you may have noticed they have tightened down on the existing maintain your lanes rules and the sprinters have been good little boys ever since that happened. Cavendish was in the process of blowing right past Peter Sagan. I'm a huge fan of both but I was amazed to see how fast, dish was coming. If he can get back in that kind of shape maybe he can do it again Despite having to recover yet again from a major injury and getting another year old.

There is no questioning his determination but there is also no questioning his genetic gifts. He's small. He rides head down in the run ups gets sucked along. But he's the most powerful small guy sprinter ever. His top speed isn't because of a tall gear its because he turns more revs at the crank any anybody.

I saw him at the tour of California in 2010 and was amazed at how small he looked.

He's 5 foot 9, Peter Sagan is 6 foot tall. André Greipel is 6 ft tall, Kittle is six ft frickin 2 inches tall, Kristoff is 5"11". You often don't see Cav in long lens shots of sprints until 250 yards or so when he pops out of nowhere. If you look at overhead shots of a lot of his finishes you see how much free wheeling in the draft he does in the final 2 or 3 ks. He consistently arrives at 300 and 250 yards having done the least amount of work in the group.

Reactions: steve