DOH!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Robert Bruce, May 17, 2005.

  1. Robert Bruce

    Robert Bruce Guest

    I've been having problems with premature SPuD release for some weeks on one
    of my bikes. The pedal didn't seem worn, the cleat releases fine on other
    bikes, but I've made continual adjustments and it just seemed to be getting
    worse.

    I finally twigged today that I had been adjusting anti-clockwise when I
    should have been adjusting clockwise. Doh.

    --
    Rob

    http://www.asta51.dsl.pipex.com/webcam/

    Tags:

  2. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:33:47 +0100, Robert Bruce wrote:

    > I've been having problems with premature SPuD release for some weeks on one
    > of my bikes. The pedal didn't seem worn, the cleat releases fine on other
    > bikes, but I've made continual adjustments and it just seemed to be getting
    > worse.

    I noticed today that one of my pedals was getting more difficult to
    release.

    Is this a sign of worn cleats maybe? I have a spare set, so no problem to
    fit.

  3. John Hearns wrote:

    > I noticed today that one of my pedals was getting more difficult to
    > release.
    >
    > Is this a sign of worn cleats maybe? I have a spare set, so no problem to
    > fit.

    Probably. IIRC this is what usually happens (seems counter-intuitive,
    you'd expect them to release more easily).

Share This Page