Edward Dolan & Tom Sherman

trembler50

New Member
May 22, 2003
Being a relative newby and having noticed that you guys post a lot here, mostly commenting on politics rather than bicycles, the following occurred to me:-

1. Do either of you own (and/or ride) a bicycle or even a recumbent?

2. Do you ever go out?

3. Do either of you have proper jobs?

4. Are you actually the same person?

Just interested. Awaiting your response.

I expect it to be, as it always is, polite, succinct, meaningful and devoid of any political commentary.

trembler50 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Being a relative newby and having noticed that you guys post a lot here, mostly commenting on
> politics rather than bicycles, the following occurred to me:-
>
> 1. Do either of you own (and/or ride) a bicycle or even a recumbent?
>
> 2. Do you ever go out?
>
> 3. Do either of you have proper jobs?
>
> 4. Are you actually the same person?
>
> Just interested. Awaiting your response.
>
> I expect it to be, as it always is, polite, succinct, meaningful and devoid of any political
> commentary.

I am unable to respond to your post as I am tongue tied unless I can make political commentary. The
main problem with ARBR in case you haven' t noticed it is that liberals have taken it over and use
it to cram down our throats their despicable and vile political commentary. I am opposing their
commentary the best I can with my own conservative commentary. Until this battle is consummated I do
not see how I can ever get back to recumbent related posts.

I see myself as almost a lone voice crying in the wilderness for sanity among all the insanity
prevailing here on ARBR. I feel like a prophet right out of the Old Testament admonishing the
sinners to get right with the Lord. Alas, they don't listen to me and continue in their sinful ways.
Perdition awaits them if they continue on this wayward course, but I don't see why they should drag
the rest of the country down to hell with them.

I will soldier on here on ARBR despite all the calumny hurled upon me. I think all the hard core
liberals are kill filing me so that I won't have to bear their insults much in the future. However,
Mr. Sherman and I are locked into a dance to the death. We would both rather rule in Hell than serve
in Heaven! All I can suggest to you is that you get use to us as neither one of us is going to go
away any time soon.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

trembler50 wrote:
> Being a relative newby and having noticed that you guys post a lot here, mostly commenting on
> politics rather than bicycles, the following occurred to me:-
>
> 1. Do either of you own (and/or ride) a bicycle or even a recumbent?

Tom, at least, rides 'bents. IIRC he has a Sunset Lowracer as well as the Tailwind shown here:
http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Sherman.htm
--

John Foltz --- O _ Baron --- _O _ V-Rex 24 --- _\\/\-%)

trembler50 wrote:

> Being a relative newby and having noticed that you guys post a lot here, mostly commenting on
> politics rather than bicycles, the following occurred to me:-
>
> 1. Do...you own (and/or ride) a bicycle or even a recumbent?
This party rides a BikeE [only 'bent cheap enough] as often as western Wyoming permits at
5800' to 6300' ASL.

> 2. Do you ever go out?
Every day the wind doesn't howl up my pant legs and doesn't freeze my cheeks and other
tender body parts.

> 3. Do either of you have proper jobs?
This party did, til co-workers' carelessness ultimately cost me my job.

> 4. Are you actually the same person?
Not the two originally referenced.

> Just interested. Awaiting your response.
>
> I expect it to be, as it always is, polite, succinct, meaningful and devoid of any political
> commentary.
>
> --

Ed - you are not alone. I too live in MN and am proud to be a conservative and a co-founder of the group "Musicians Against Subsidies." I avoid political commentary on this site because I see so little real thought behind it that it is not worth my time. I prefer to watch my parrot regurgitate rather than respond to the political regurgitations on some of the topics on this site.

I avoid the OT and wish more people would identify their topics as such (as appropriate). Too often I have jumped in to read an intriguing topic and it turns out to be a harangue of sorts.

But I do love my HepCat and appreciate the advice I have gotten on this site!

I just thought you would like to know you are not alone. :)

PreciousBbird <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Ed - you are not alone. I too live in MN and am proud to be a conservative and a co-founder
> of the group "Musicians Against Subsidies." I avoid political commentary on this site because
> I see so little real thought behind it that it is not worth my time. I prefer to watch my
> parrot regurgitate rather than respond to the political regurgitations on some of the topics
> on this site.
>
> I avoid the OT and wish more people would identify their topics as such (as appropriate). Too
> often I have jumped in to read an intriguing topic and it turns out to be a harangue of sorts.
>
> But I do love my HepCat and appreciate the advice I have gotten on this site!
>
> I just thought you would like to know you are not alone. :)

You should only have a look at the OT when you want some comic relief from all the seriousness that
goes on here with respect to recumbent related topics. I am dying of laughter at all the indignant
and angry responses I am getting to my humble posts. It is far more entertaining than anything on
the **** tube. I would suggest that you let everything you read here in the OT world go in one ear
and out the other, preferably making no connection at all with your brain. That way you can enjoy
these threads and wonder who is going to say what next.

We Minnesotans have got to stick together. I would like to see your parrot do his regurgitations
sometime. It would be better than having to put up with these liberal regurgitations of age old
nonsense which has never worked and will never work, human nature being what it is.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

trembler50 wrote:

> Being a relative newby and having noticed that you guys post a lot here, mostly commenting on
> politics rather than bicycles, the following occurred to me:-
>
> 1. Do either of you own (and/or ride) a bicycle or even a recumbent?

RANS "Wavewind" and Rocket, Earth Cycles Sunset and Dragonflyer

> 2. Do you ever go out?

Please define "out".

> 3. Do either of you have proper jobs?

Does 2500+ hours per year in a salaried professional position where my ultimate responsibility is to
the safety of the public count?

> 4. Are you actually the same person?

This question is illogical.

> Just interested. Awaiting your response.
>
> I expect it to be, as it always is, polite, succinct, meaningful and devoid of any political
> commentary.

I will not use a provocative signature line, then.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

"To hell with Bush, he is another Mongol in a line of invaders who have destroyed Iraq." - Mohammed
al-Jubouri

John Foltz wrote:

> trembler50 wrote:
> > Being a relative newby and having noticed that you guys post a lot here, mostly commenting on
> > politics rather than bicycles, the following occurred to me:-
> >
> > 1. Do either of you own (and/or ride) a bicycle or even a recumbent?
>
> Tom, at least, rides 'bents. IIRC he has a Sunset Lowracer as well as the Tailwind shown here:
> http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Sherman.htm

Hey! I resemble that remark.

Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer [TM]: <http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/sunset/Sunset001.jpg>

Earth Cycles Dragonflyer [TM]: <http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/df1a.jpg>

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

> John Foltz wrote:
> >
> > trembler50 wrote:
> > > Being a relative newby and having noticed that you guys post a lot
here,
> > > mostly commenting on politics rather than bicycles, the following occurred to me:-
> > >
> > > 1. Do either of you own (and/or ride) a bicycle or even a recumbent?
> >
> > Tom, at least, rides 'bents. IIRC he has a Sunset Lowracer as well as the Tailwind shown here:
> > http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Sherman.htm
>
> Hey! I resemble that remark.
>
> Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer [TM]: <http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/sunset/Sunset001.jpg>

What is that dark thing on the front wheel? disc brake?

You're a member of 'Musicians Against Subsidies'?

Wait a minute, I spent 20 years in the military as a, in essence, subsidized musician. In an ideal
world, should I fork over my pension? City symphonies seem to be begging for money or else they go
under. Is your stance for real ... or is this just a joke ... or is this fourth glass of wine
clouding my view of things?

In Western Europe almost _every_ village has a subsidized musical group.

.... or did I misunderstand your stand .... oh, nevermind

> 3. Do either of you have proper jobs?

Does 2500+ hours per year in a salaried professional position where my ultimate responsibility is to
the safety of the public count?

Depends what the position is, your job description could be taken by anyone from Policeman, Fireman, Nurse, Traffic Warden (Don't know the US term for this), security guard, whatever.

You could even be a lawyer!

"DH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> You're a member of 'Musicians Against Subsidies'?
>
> Wait a minute, I spent 20 years in the military as a, in essence, subsidized musician. In an ideal
> world, should I fork over my pension? City symphonies seem to be begging for money or else they go
> under. Is your stance for real ... or is this just a joke ... or is this fourth glass of wine
> clouding my view of things?
>
> In Western Europe almost _every_ village has a subsidized musical group.
>
> .... or did I misunderstand your stand .... oh, nevermind...

DH, I am not against subsidies for the fine arts. Far from it! But note the "fine arts". In other
words, something that contributes to the edification and refinement of the culture. I do include
military bands in that definition of fine arts. The popular arts do not need any subsidies and
should never get one penny of tax payer money.

My argument with NPR is that they are a liberal political medium par excellence and should therefor
be defunded for that reason alone.

When I was stationed in French Morocco while I was in the Navy, the Commander of the Base wanted a
band to basically play Anchors Way and a few Sousa marches at public functions. We were recruited
into this band and eventually we came to enjoy it. We must have played Anchors Away a zillion times.
We got very good at it. To this very day Anchors Away continues to rattle around in my brain - and
can still bring tears to my eyes. Military musicians are for the morale of the troops and perform a
very vital function. And it is the same with civilian musicians. They elevate all of society and
make us proud to belong to a high culture and a high civilization. I am 100% in favor of subsidies
for the fine arts!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota