Family Tour

Of course. I'd say that most of us have cycled with a family member at least once. I don't do it that often because I prefer cycling long distances as opposed to taking shorter rides that my family members prefer. We've had a good time on those rides nonetheless. I prefer cycling by myself, though, so I won't go out of my way to invite friends or family members along for the ride.

When I was a kid I cycled with my parents at various times when we didn't have a car, never mountain biking or anything though.
We hiked and camped and did tons of other outdoorsy things but cycling wasn't really among them.
When I started getting into mountain biking I quickly found a group to ride with, and sometimes people brought their kids when we weren't going anywhere too challenging.
It was always a good time to have kids and dogs along.

I have not experienced cycling with the family except on occasions when the kids were young and we go to the park where there were bikes for rent. I am the only one in the family who is fond of biking and they understand that I do it for health reasons although the real objective is for me to enjoy riding. It would be great to go biking with the family as I read in your post above. I can imagine the feeling of companionship while traversing the road ahead, so to speak.

My family is not interested in cycling I was the only one who does ride a bike. When we go travelling to a different far place I usually bring a bike because for sure I will be bored by the activities that family had prepared. I am bored with the cooking and drinking I thought I were a misfit every time there is a family time

Keyan said:
My family is not interested in cycling I was the only one who does ride a bike. When we go travelling to a different far place I usually bring a bike because for sure I will be bored by the activities that family had prepared. I am bored with the cooking and drinking I thought I were a misfit every time there is a family time
You are like one of my colleagues. They would go on a vacation trip with his bike at the rear of the car. In the vacation house, he would set off on his bike and roam the place, leaving his family with their own activities. One time he told me that he left the resort accommodation after breakfast and came back for lunch. When I asked what happens to the family bonding, he explained that his kids love swimming and he doesn't so why force someone to do something he doesn't like?

I do that often with my two daughters. My son likes going off with the friends but will join us once in a while. We get hubby to join us once in a while too, which is not as often as I would like since he prefers going to the gym.

I have but they don't like cycling the way I like it so we just ride around the park. Wee, having fun yet? Not sure yet, but I may have a grandson who might like it, only time will tell for sure.

Not really, my family is not a sporty one. We enjoy some occasional jogging/walking, but there's no way they get on a bike. Some of them, don't even know how to ride one. I would like them to go out on a road, cycling with me, but they rather do some other activities, and I think is good to respect that.

I'm holding back on putting my oldest grandson on the road with his bike, he's 11 but his ability to take in the big picture is not nearly developed enough, maybe next year ? I won't know till next year comes around. But we have a pretty good bike path system here that can take him 12 miles to another town and 12 miles back if he gets ambitious enough to tempt that.

I watch the riding behavior of my grandkids real close and correct them if I feel they can understand what I mean, otherwise I just blow it off. But watching them alone tells me if they are aware of what's around them. The youngest grandson is a big weaver, so I have to watch him like a hawk. I actually think that the middle grandkid (granddaughter) does a really good job of handling the bike, better than the oldest grandson.

I'm an only child and my mother doesn't want to bike, but my father taught me how to ride a bicycle and we would frequently ride together and go for longer trips sometimes when I was a teen.

Cycling with family? (rolls eyes) I'd rather ride solo. It's easier to set your own pace and enjoy the scenic route without hearing constant "are we there yets?" Besides, who needs family bonding when you have two wheels and the open road? Go ahead, share your stories if you must, but I'll stick to my solo adventures.