First Road Bike. Need help!!!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by G34guy, Feb 13, 2012.

1. G34guy

G34guy New Member

Hello everyone. I am looking to get into a little road cycling, and don't want to break the bank. I have narrowed it down to 2 bikes that I am interested in. 1. 2011 (new in store) Fuji Newest 3.0 on sale $599 Specs click here 2. 2010 (New in store) Diamondback Podium 2 on sale $550 Specs click here Looking at parts, it looks like the diamondback is better. I cannot spend more than $600! Any advice or recommendations?! I have been searching and searching, and reading and reading, and now i am stumped.

Tags:

2. 64Paramount

64Paramount New Member

Have you looked for any used bikes? You might be able to find a better equiped used bike for less $500, just be sure of the size you need.

3. vspa

vspa New Member

i also like the Diamondback better, looks like a very good deal on the money, p.s. Diamondback has been on the business for decades, they were the best BMX suppliers in the 80's

4. Dave Cutter

Dave Cutter New Member

I own a newest just like that one (and I like it). But, the Diamondback looks like the better bike of the two.

5. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member

The DB is better equiped.

6. oldbobcat

oldbobcat Well-Known Member

By all means the Diamondback.

I've worked on Newest 3.0s and I cannot recommend them at all. While the components are as good as the 2300 on any other bike (like the Trek 1.1), the frame, wheels, and contact points (bar and stem and saddle) are a step down from just about every other bike in this class.

7. psycle

psycle New Member

i just bought a trek pilot 2.1 /ebay less thn $500 only road twice but so far so good my only consern when looking for a bike was that i did not want a wallmart like bike /looked long and read all reviews i could find i all bikes in my budget and ended up with the trek LBS said i made a good buy