Folding bike bag

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Lyn, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Lyn

    Lyn Guest

    Hi all,

    So that I can combine bike and train for my daily commute, I am
    planning on purchasing a folding bike - probably a Dahon. In order
    to carry it on the train, it has to be bagged. The Dahon comes
    with a ready-made bag for just this purpose, but it's a bit expensive.
    Perhaps I could come up with a home-made version and save myself a
    few dollars. Has anyone done this or know of a site that has
    directions for a make-your-own?

    Cheers,
    Lyn

    Tags:

  2. kingsley

    kingsley Guest

    On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 22:58:47 -0800, Lyn wrote:

    > So that I can combine bike and train for my daily commute, I am
    > planning on purchasing a folding bike - probably a Dahon. In order
    > to carry it on the train, it has to be bagged. The Dahon comes
    > with a ready-made bag for just this purpose, but it's a bit expensive.
    > Perhaps I could come up with a home-made version and save myself a
    > few dollars. Has anyone done this or know of a site that has
    > directions for a make-your-own?

    Yeah we did it, for a Boardwalk.
    It's just a big sack, with some heavy duty webbing
    straps. The material alone cost about $50, and then
    the labour...

    I'd buy the bag ;)

    You can see mine every day at central station sydney,
    out near the tram-lines around 8:55-9:05

    -kt

    --
    Kingsley Turner,
    (mailto: kingsley@maddogsbreakfast.com.au)

  3. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    Lyn wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > So that I can combine bike and train for my daily commute, I am planning
    > on purchasing a folding bike - probably a Dahon. In order to carry it on
    > the train, it has to be bagged. The Dahon comes with a ready-made bag
    > for just this purpose, but it's a bit expensive. Perhaps I could come up
    > with a home-made version and save myself a few dollars. Has anyone done
    > this or know of a site that has directions for a make-your-own?
    > Cheers, Lyn

    Why does it have to be bagged? Is this some kinda rule or something
    Does that mean you have to 'bag' prams as well

    Pity you cant stretch the budget to a Bike-Friday as they come with
    suitcase to pack it into (and it becomes a trailer/pannier whilst ridin
    - billiant

    Home made sounds the go; perhaps check out your local aussie disposa
    for something that would sui

    -

  4. > Perhaps I could come up with a home-made version and save myself
    > a few dollars. Has anyone done this or know of a site that has
    > directions for a make-your-own?

    I've thought about making my own carry-bag by adding some straps to a
    cheap old double sleeping bag, which already has the advantages of
    padding and a sturdy zipper; but so far I've managed to do without.

Share This Page