Folding bike bag

Lyn

Guest
Hi all,

So that I can combine bike and train for my daily commute, I am
planning on purchasing a folding bike - probably a Dahon. In order
to carry it on the train, it has to be bagged. The Dahon comes
with a ready-made bag for just this purpose, but it's a bit expensive.
Perhaps I could come up with a home-made version and save myself a
few dollars. Has anyone done this or know of a site that has
directions for a make-your-own?

Cheers,
Lyn

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 22:58:47 -0800, Lyn wrote:

> So that I can combine bike and train for my daily commute, I am
> planning on purchasing a folding bike - probably a Dahon. In order
> to carry it on the train, it has to be bagged. The Dahon comes
> with a ready-made bag for just this purpose, but it's a bit expensive.
> Perhaps I could come up with a home-made version and save myself a
> few dollars. Has anyone done this or know of a site that has
> directions for a make-your-own?

Yeah we did it, for a Boardwalk.
It's just a big sack, with some heavy duty webbing
straps. The material alone cost about $50, and then
the labour...

I'd buy the bag ;)

You can see mine every day at central station sydney,
out near the tram-lines around 8:55-9:05

-kt

--
Kingsley Turner,
(mailto: [email protected])

Lyn wrote:
> Hi all,
> So that I can combine bike and train for my daily commute, I am planning
> on purchasing a folding bike - probably a Dahon. In order to carry it on
> the train, it has to be bagged. The Dahon comes with a ready-made bag
> for just this purpose, but it's a bit expensive. Perhaps I could come up
> with a home-made version and save myself a few dollars. Has anyone done
> this or know of a site that has directions for a make-your-own?
> Cheers, Lyn

Why does it have to be bagged? Is this some kinda rule or something
Does that mean you have to 'bag' prams as well

Pity you cant stretch the budget to a Bike-Friday as they come with
suitcase to pack it into (and it becomes a trailer/pannier whilst ridin
- billiant

Home made sounds the go; perhaps check out your local aussie disposa
for something that would sui

-

> Perhaps I could come up with a home-made version and save myself
> a few dollars. Has anyone done this or know of a site that has
> directions for a make-your-own?

I've thought about making my own carry-bag by adding some straps to a
cheap old double sleeping bag, which already has the advantages of
padding and a sturdy zipper; but so far I've managed to do without.